R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NuWave Ovens

Go down 
+5
bobbi
Connied
Lara
Jenny In NH
LilyOfTheValley
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LilyOfTheValley
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
LilyOfTheValley

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: NuWave Ovens   NuWave Ovens EmptyThu 5 Sep 2013 - 17:14

I was about to purchase this oven to bake my doll parts, and then read that they have many problems with the lids cracking, and the cost per lid is $40.00 CAN. Apparently the customer service is not helpful as well. I am posting this for anyone who is thinking about purchasing one of these ovens...do your homework on this one. Lisa :)
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: nu-wave I got - UPDATE   NuWave Ovens EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 21:54

I have had mine for three (3) years so far.. no problems at all.  I got the add on extender ring (another smaller clear see-thru plastic section that sits on the base), which keeps baby a safe distance from the heating elements (in the top). I don't use the metal racks.  I took out everything INSIDE the oven and put a towel on the bottom (I cut out a circle from an old towel to fit the bottom).  I place my parts on the towel on the bottom of the oven.  I very carefully make sure that no body parts touch each other or the metal sides!

NuWave Ovens Nuwave10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NuWave-Oven-Pro-Digital-Black-with-Extender-Ring-without-retail-box-/252271015136?hash=item3abc8634e0:g:IcgAAOSw~bFWM3oa

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0030DIPBU/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

NuWave Ovens Nuwave10 (this baby in the oven, is not my photo-- its off the internet)  

NuWave Ovens Towel_10 my towel cutouts have several in case one gets dirty

Last edited by Jenny In NH on Thu 25 Feb 2016 - 16:06; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
LilyOfTheValley
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
LilyOfTheValley

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: NuWave Oven   NuWave Ovens EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 22:05

Thank Jenny...I am getting swayed now, lol. Might have to get that credit card out again. Thanks for your reply...Hugs!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: ovens   NuWave Ovens EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 22:27

You are welcome Lisa! :)
Back to top Go down
LilyOfTheValley
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
LilyOfTheValley

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: NuWave Oven...help please :)   NuWave Ovens EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 17:56

I finally broke down and bought a similar item from Sears. Now I need to know how long to bake my reborn parts because it bakes faster, and what do you use for the surface to put the parts on...still a white towel or poly stuffing material. I think I went over my head purchasing the item without knowing these things. Lisa.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: Re: NuWave Ovens   NuWave Ovens EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 22:31

Jenny, that's the one I have and I LOVE it!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: Nu wave   NuWave Ovens EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 23:48

Lara wrote:
Jenny, that's the one I have and I LOVE it!!!!!

It is awesome Lara! Plus I feel like I am keeping my family safe from any possible food/air contamination from using the family oven! I loveeeee this oven!! fits nicely on my bathroom counter top and I can crack the window and shut door - no vinyl smells in the rest of the house! Weeeeeeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: ovens   NuWave Ovens EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 23:54

Lisa Dinel wrote:
I finally broke down and bought a similar item from Sears.  Now I need to know how long to bake my reborn parts because it bakes faster, and what do you use for the surface to put the parts on...still a white towel or poly stuffing material.  I think I went over my head purchasing the item without knowing these things.  Lisa.
Hi Lisa!!

what is the name of your oven? I only have experience with the Nu-Wave, but I bet if you list the name of your oven, someone here will have it or know about it and can help you out!

If not, the best way is to have the thermostat  in the oven and practice to see what settings work best with your oven as they all can differ.

I had to practice with mine.   I took out all the racks and cut one of my old towels into circles to put my dolly parts on while they are baking.

:)
Back to top Go down
Connied
Crawler
Crawler
Connied

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: Re: NuWave Ovens   NuWave Ovens EmptyThu 26 Dec 2013 - 19:26

LilyOfTheValley wrote:
I was about to purchase this oven to bake my doll parts, and then read that they have many problems with the lids cracking, and the cost per lid is $40.00 CAN. Apparently the customer service is not helpful as well. I am posting this for anyone who is thinking about purchasing one of these ovens...do your homework on this one.  Lisa :)

I use this oven and have had problems with them cracking.... Keep your receipt and they are replaceable for 1 year... no problem. I got two replaced.... the customer service person I talked to was very helpful and they mailed my replacements out right away.. I now have three ovens and i use them all the time and no problems for at least 6 months now....
they are wonderful for baking the kits in...
Back to top Go down
http://kitzeesnursery.com
LilyOfTheValley
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
LilyOfTheValley

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Connied   NuWave Ovens EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 8:44

This is the pic of the one I finally bought from Sears...haven't used it yet though.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/18/46/43/16/the_sh13.jpg
Back to top Go down
bobbi

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: nu   NuWave Ovens EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 13:16

hi, just wanted to ask a little more about the nuwave. my stove/oven is on the blitz! 
*What size kit will work in it?
*Any special precautions to keep kit safe while baking?
*how long do u bake for?
*anything I may need to know?
Please help.
Blessings, bobbi
 angelsmiley

Last edited by babies by bobbi on Mon 30 Dec 2013 - 14:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rchick
Toddler
Toddler
rchick

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: Re: NuWave Ovens   NuWave Ovens EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 14:37

Lisa sadly I don't know why some of them crack and some don't. I had mine for a little over a year and had only used it for food then I used it three times for my babies when I was told they are great for that and the whole lid has like ten cracks in it now.But my mom has had hers for years and it has never cracked.  sad 
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: ovens   NuWave Ovens EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 16:54

babies by bobbi wrote:
hi, just wanted to ask a little more about the nuwave. my stove/oven is on the blitz! 
*What size kit will work in it?
*Any special precautions to keep kit safe while baking?
*how long do u bake for?
*anything I may need to know?
Please help.
Blessings, bobbi
 angelsmiley

If you get the NuWave with the extender ring you can bake pretty much all your standard reborn kits (you might have to do two separate bakings for a larger kit, like put the arms and legs in for a bake, then put the head in for a bake.). We are only talking minutes here and unless you are making a ton of  babies at the same time we are talking 8 minutes for each bake.  (Im lucky if I make one a month). I have had my NuWave for two years and no cracking like Sears or other models.

Precautions:  make sure your temperature stays around 265 degrees and make sure the pieces do not touch each other or the metal sides of the oven

Seems like there are several favorite settings among the members here at REAL, I would private message LARA our instructor which settings she loves the best as she is now using a NuWave oven herself and she said she loves it!

Its a great investment if you are going to be making more than one reborn, don't risk your family's health by using your family cooking oven with vinyl buildup on the walls of your oven re-depositing on the food you cook in your oven.

When in doubt always as administrators, moderators on REAL  (staff) - they will help you out!

(((hugs)))

Blessings to you too Bobbi :)
Back to top Go down
cm006j

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: Re: NuWave Ovens   NuWave Ovens EmptySun 13 Jul 2014 - 17:05

We have a nuWave from my mother-in-law and we use it all the time for our cooking (so much more efficient than heating up the whole oven!)

But I never would have thought to use it for reborning.

Please can people post details on how they use it? How to set the right temperature? How long to put them in? All instructions for reborns have it with regular ovens and I don't know how to adjust it to the nuwave.
Back to top Go down
HeavenlyCherubsNursery
Toddler
Toddler
HeavenlyCherubsNursery

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: Re: NuWave Ovens   NuWave Ovens EmptySun 13 Jul 2014 - 17:50

Get an oven thermometer and test the different settings.  I put mine on #7 for 8 - 9 minutes. Number 7, according to my thermometer is 365 degrees F.  I would not, however, use it for both cooking and vinyl "cooking".  I am regularly getting a film on the inside of the NuWave from baking vinyl kits and I don't want any of that seeping into my food!!

Susan
Back to top Go down
http://www.heavenlycherubsnursery.com/
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: nuwave oven - greatest invention for setting colors!!!   NuWave Ovens EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016 - 14:34

update
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: Re: NuWave Ovens   NuWave Ovens EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016 - 15:18

I don't use anything else, unless I'm baking a toddler, and need to use my cooking oven. (I think my family thanks me)
Back to top Go down
HeavenlyCherubsNursery
Toddler
Toddler
HeavenlyCherubsNursery

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: Re: NuWave Ovens   NuWave Ovens EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016 - 15:24

Same here : )  I did have to replace the lid several years ago with the more expensive gold/brown lid, but I love mine!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: im so glad you have it!!!   NuWave Ovens EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016 - 15:37

HeavenlyCherubsNursery wrote:
Same here : )  I did have to replace the lid several years ago with the more expensive gold/brown lid, but I love mine!

Im so glad you have an alternative oven too!!  Mine is still running like a champ so far, but you have made more babies than me.  (I think anyone has - lol I only make a couple a year - normally).  Hoping to change that this year!! hehe

After reading this article that was in Life Like Doll Magazine, im soooooooooo happy to have the nuwave, its definitely worth the investment.  I got one brand new and my second one I got on Craig's List - used and very cheap too!!

http://www.hunnybunsrebornsupply.com/_heated_vinyl_toxicity_article_by_s__sullivan_
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: NuWave Oven - the best for overall family health!   NuWave Ovens EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 11:23

I loveeeeee my nuwave oven!!

happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy
Back to top Go down
HeavenlyCherubsNursery
Toddler
Toddler
HeavenlyCherubsNursery

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: Re: NuWave Ovens   NuWave Ovens EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 11:40

I absolutely love mine too!  I did have to replace the lid several years ago with one of the more expensive gold ones but it works great.  When I see all the oils and debris that the painted kits leave on the inside, I'm glad I don't use my regular oven oho 
Susan
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: thank goodness   NuWave Ovens EmptyMon 25 Apr 2016 - 9:56

HeavenlyCherubsNursery wrote:
I absolutely love mine too!  I did have to replace the lid several years ago with one of the more expensive gold ones but it works great.  When I see all the oils and debris that the painted kits leave on the inside, I'm glad I don't use my regular oven oho 
Susan

Yes Susan, I saw that "oil and debris" on the inside of my nuwave dolly oven too! Just think that stuff used to be deposited on my home cooking oven and then re-deposited onto my food cooked in the oven.. ewwwwwwww!! affraid

So glad some brilliant woman told us all about the nuwave oven!! yayyy!!!

happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: Re: NuWave Ovens   NuWave Ovens EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 4:26

LilyOfTheValley wrote:
This is the pic of the one I finally bought from Sears...haven't used it yet though.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/18/46/43/16/the_sh13.jpg

These are mine, I set at 130 for 9 mins and they bake perfectly.

NuWave Ovens My%20ovens%20_zps8sn2cjnm
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
LilyOfTheValley
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
LilyOfTheValley

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: My Sharper Image Oven   NuWave Ovens EmptyFri 27 May 2016 - 19:25

I haven't posted in a very long time, I am still working on my Beginner Basics doll and I must say that I am very happy with my oven. It has nice even heat and only takes about 9 minutes to bake the paint whoohoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NuWave Ovens Empty
PostSubject: Re: NuWave Ovens   NuWave Ovens Empty

Back to top Go down

NuWave Ovens
Page 1 of 1