R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings

Go down 
+3
Groovyday
Julita
Lil
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lil
Crawler
Crawler

Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings Empty
PostSubject: Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings   Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings EmptyFri 2 Nov 2012 - 14:25

Hi everyone! I am here for selfish reasons. To learn how to be a really good reborner, to learn how to make really beautiful, real human looking babies. :-) Don't we all, right? I would appreciate all your inputs, tips, everything that would make this goal arrived at sooner and with less wastage :-) so bombarde me with all your knowledge and I will be happier!

As I have told Lara (Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings 837677 for your welcome) in a message, I have not done one doll piece, not one part, not even for practice. I was so ready to start as I thought I got all the stuff that i need, but when I had set up my paints, had found out I don't have the dioxazine purple and pthalo blue 03! and those are the very first paints that i need! I have a pthalo blue 02 and colors that could create purple but ended up throwing my "concoctions" away as they ended up looking like sewer water :-/. So I was bombed at not being able to start, again. Have had problems with online orders- heat gun, paints rack, oven. haayyy... (sigh) and things got issues that my project got pushed back a few times.

So anyways, please share with me your expertise, stuff you've learned from experience, those you didn't know before, those they don't teach in the tutorials. Thank you in advance for your generosity of your knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Julita
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Julita

PostSubject: Re: Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings   Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings EmptySun 4 Nov 2012 - 11:25

Hi Lil! Welcome to REAL!

I read your post and not sure why you need the purple and blue to start.... I never have used those first... If you are using for the internal wash check on that. That is an old method and not used to much any more. I personally have never done it....
Back to top Go down
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

PostSubject: Re: Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings   Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings EmptyWed 7 Nov 2012 - 2:13

happyhappy Hi Lil, glad you joined, this is good forum for learning. There are online classes and eBooks you can purchase here that might be helpful. As Julita said, using the old purple wash first isn`t done much unless you are using an older kit or it needs a certain amount of neutralizing. Have fun looking around on the forum. In the meantime, you can order that paint you need. I am sure you will get started soon and enjoy every moment of it! welcome bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings   Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings EmptyWed 7 Nov 2012 - 2:20

Welcome, Lil. Just wanted to add that reborning has progressed a lot and there are a lot of old tutorials out there that are outdated and not used anymore. Internal washes are bad as they have been known to seep into the vinyl and stain it badly which ruins the doll. Tutorials that were made in the past 3 years are fairly up to date.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Lil
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: purple wash   Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings EmptyWed 7 Nov 2012 - 5:09

Hi Groovyday (sorry, I don't know your name yet. I almost addressed you as steady walker until i saw Julita having the same subtitle, lols) and Karen. Thank you, ladies.

I have already replied to Julita's post in a personal message earlier. My reaction was OMG, i haven't even started yet and the little info i know and stuff i have spent my money on are already obsolete! and it isn't funny :-(. I have vintage kits which are actually beige but kinda dusky looking and of hard vinyl and wouldn't take the purple wash. I also have some new-er kits that are pink and soft. Haven't tried the wash on them as I have only started for the first time ever, to paint on a head, last night. The inside of the vinyl is slick and the purple wash seemed to just slide around inside. But when i had applied the blush, she became pink, and i thought this is the color that the purple wash is supposed to neutralize :-), so, go figure. Her pink-ness is neutralized by the blue wash, but then she is eventually made pink back by the blush.

At the moment, i am struggling with drawing the eyebrows as my doll head is asian and my brown brow paint is too pale for asian hair, and this is after i had already placed an order for the blue and purple and pyrolle red 05. I thught i have all the colors i need and now i regret not buying mars black. Another issue with my paints is that they are not mixing well. They appear to be diluted powder suspended in/surrounded by oil/ water.
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings   Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings EmptyWed 7 Nov 2012 - 8:27

Hello Lil!
First of all, welcome I'm sure you will feel right at home in no time. I'm fairly new & love it here. Everyone is so awsome!!

Wow!! You are having trouble. I would suggest buying an ebook and then following the steps. Each book starts out with supplies you need and then GREAT step by step instructions. As for the hard vinyl I wouldn't start on that yet, I remember the hard vinyls when I first started reborning several years ago (that was the only thing available), they are frustrating. I would set them aside and start on the softer vinyl kit. You sound like you are already getting frustrated.... Do you have the link to the ebooks? If not here is is

http://realreborn.net/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=33250e44ba322155edf5a5d982be36fc

Hugs,
Jo
Back to top Go down
Lil
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: having trouble   Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings EmptyWed 7 Nov 2012 - 12:17

Hi, Jo. Thanks! You're telling me! (re: having trouble) :-). Have had trouble every step of the way- from the vintage dolls i had bought in auctions (got sent the wrong doll, doll with blue paint streaks on her face and 1/4 limbs, hard vinyl, to getting sent small body), to chosing paint colors, finding and chosing an oven, oven warranty issues, bad oven cart, online purchases and returns, lamp, heat set gun, paint rack, etc. almost everything!

I have DP's and Secrist Advanced classroom dvd's because they're the cheapest and cheaper ones i have found. The other videos are pricey. I think it was Julita that had suggested a $10 ebook by April Yap. Haven't checked it out yet. A seller from eBay had given me her old dvd, Berenguer tutorial, but when i realized it's an ebook, i didn't continue reading. I am lazy at reading, so i got the video tutorials instead. I wish the great reborners would make video intructions, too for the same price as DP's. They are engaging to watch as there is movement and voice. No offense to the ebooks. I know they are more comprehensive and have more info. It's just me. You know, how different students need different methods of teaching to learn?
Back to top Go down
LilyOfTheValley
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
LilyOfTheValley

PostSubject: E-Books vs. video   Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings EmptyThu 2 Jan 2014 - 16:33

I am a visual/auditory learner and find video tutorials much more informative and I can retain the image better than something I have read.  worthy 
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings   Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings EmptyFri 3 Jan 2014 - 0:02

Hi Lil...if you need videos...Lara has DVD's for sale...and a discount this week.

Also Bountiful Baby has freebe videos..too!

And do not forget Youtube! go on...Subscribe to some ...or just search for Reborn and see what pops up!

Also check out all the "Tutes" on REAL..

Read, Watch, and DO! Dive in...its the best way...

Good Luck and have FUN! angelsmiley 

Anna
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings   Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings Empty

Back to top Go down

Lil, welcoming all tips and teachings
Page 1 of 1