R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class

Go down 
+16
Lori
CrescentMoonNursery
MarionT
ullis
Lyndies*Lovies
Julita
nascargrammer
threads
Poppy
Brookelea
PamelaG
Lynknursery
Lara
Dmom
Karen
HeavenlyCherubsNursery
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CrescentMoonNursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Dec 2012 - 11:36

I'm sorry you've had a bad reaction Jo, perhaps you are more sensitive than others and that may be a good thing. Sometimes our bodies are so good at speaking up loud and clear! I get worried about baking vinyl and exposing myself to the fumes. I couldn't imagine giving up this craft, so I thought I would just have to deal with the risk. But now that I'm considering air dry paints I have hope that I can continue to make dolls with no detrimental side effects in the future! :D

Take care of yourself. :)
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Dec 2012 - 22:24

Thank you Roxy for your kind words! I am really considering the air dry because I do want to do the softer vinyl. I had a head injury many years ago so I don't have a sense of smell, I never know when there are fumes in the house. I just have to go by the way my body reacts to things......
Back to top Go down
CrescentMoonNursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2012 - 0:09

wink
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Dec 2012 - 16:52

I'm very pleased to announce that Dreamweaver will be helping us to translate the GHSP into airdry paints for this class so for those of you who cannot bake or choose not to bake, you can still take the class and have a beautiful baby!

thankyou! Dreamweaver!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Dec 2012 - 21:59

That's great news!!!
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012 - 19:45

Wonderful news!! Now when is the class......
Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012 - 19:58

This class is scheduled to start on January 1st. That will be very interesting to see the differences between the Genesis and the Air dry using the air brush. Thank you Sara (Dreamweaver) for offering to do that!!!
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012 - 20:03

I will have to pass on this one, too much going on over the holidays & through Jan.... maybe the next one. I would have so loved to take this class. That was such a great idea since I can not use the GHSP on the LDC vinyl.
Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012 - 20:09

Jo, keep in mind that even if you can not participate in the actual class there will be a e-book offered afterward that you can purchase. And I am sure once you are working from that and if you have questions someone will be happy to answer.
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012 - 20:33

whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo
That would work for me bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012 - 21:07

And also remember that class stays up for 6 weeks and its work at your own pace. You don't need to start immediately.
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012 - 21:11

Karen, thanks!

My son is very ill and they may need to do brain surgery, he will require alot of care, so it wouldn't be good at this time for me....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012 - 23:18

2ndchildhoodnursery wrote:
This class is scheduled to start on January 1st. That will be very interesting to see the differences between the Genesis and the Air dry using the air brush. Thank you Sara (Dreamweaver) for offering to do that!!!

Your Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012 - 23:26

I was playing around with the airbrush today, and it really is amazing the different in the amount of paint you get on the vinyl, just buy moving it like an inch closer.

Practice with dark paint on a papertowel, so you can see the difference and get a feel for how much paint you want.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Toddler
Toddler
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012 - 23:35

Lara or karen have you tried the air dry paints with your air brushes yet, Can't wait for you to try it and give us your results.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Dec 2012 - 0:42

No, Lori, Sarah Beth will be doing that part for the class, though.
Back to top Go down
CrescentMoonNursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Dec 2012 - 4:08

Yayyyy I'm so excited about air dry! happyhappy

Hmm... now to decided if I will be brave enough to do both airbrush and air dry! I've never done either. And I've never done a full body. Lots of firsts for me this class! :D
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Dec 2012 - 9:02

I have not tried my airdry paints in the airbrush yet.
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Dec 2012 - 9:06

My thought on this was..... how quickly does the air dry paints dry & how long to cure? Will that interfere with the airbursh?
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Dec 2012 - 10:35

Just so everybody knows, airdry or GHSP, ONE contest for this class and ONE winner, ONE entry only. Airdry paints within a few minutes but don't fully cure for days or sometimes weeks.
Back to top Go down
CrescentMoonNursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Jan 2013 - 5:37

I've got the worst luck ever! somad

So I planned out the entire schedule for this class and I was supposed to start painting this past Monday. Things have been kind of hectic, so I haven't had a chance to paint. I sat down tonight to finally start. I did the first lesson.... and of course, my airbrush stopped working. I was using my re-purposed makeup airbrush system. The compressor is still working fine, it's just that the siphon feed stopped working. I tried cleaning it out, etc. It wasn't fixing the problem. Finally I got so fed up I decided to go and purchase the proper airbrush for paints. My makeup one just doesn't seem up for the job. The compressor is weak and the gun is finicky. I had such a great time on the first step that I just know airbrushing is right for me. So as much as I didn't want to cough up more money on reborn supplies, I just had to. Hey who knows where this will take me, right? This might be the best investment in my business ever! So... I'm just going to take a deep breath, postpone my painting for a week or so until the airbrush gets here, and in the meantime finish rooting one of my vamplings from the last class I took. One day at a time... yeseree
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Jan 2013 - 10:37

So sorry to hear that it was such a challenge to get to started! You are so right, I've learned to stop, take a deep breath and then take one step at a time and it will all work outAir Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 44677....

I wanted to take the airbrush class but things were too crazy at the first of the year. Hopefully another will be available later down the road.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Jan 2013 - 12:48

Roxy, you still have plenty of time. Contest won't be until mid February, if you wanted to enter it. Also, before I became a moderator, I would let a week or so pass from the start of class so most of the lessons were posted so I didn't have to stop after every step. Once I get into the groove, I just keep going!

Jo, you can always purchase the eBook when its released.
Back to top Go down
CrescentMoonNursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Jan 2013 - 12:59

Thanks for the words of encouragement ladies! Very much appreciated wink
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Jan 2013 - 14:28

Karen wrote:

Jo, you can always purchase the eBook when its released.

Wonderful!!!Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 837677Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 837677Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 837677I will get the eBook, I just didn't think about it, as many ebooks as I have bought I should of knownAir Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 44677
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Jan 2013 - 15:10

Karen wrote:
I got mine from eBay for about $50. I do know you'll want dual action. That helps control the air flow, I believe. The air brush is mostly used for washes and flesh tones and provides a nice even application.

This is the one I got.
[url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/220890026821?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2505wt_942
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220890026821?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2505wt_942[/quote[/url]]

Did this work OK for you Karen? If I get the ebook I will need to purchase this also....
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Jan 2013 - 16:07

it does and I love it! No problems at all!
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Jan 2013 - 16:50

Great!! I will get itAir Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 837677
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class   Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Air Brush Full Body Vinyl Class
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2