R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prayers for my Dad

Go down 
+8
Poppy
debora jenkins
Trish
tanya1975
Karen
Blossoms_and_Blessings
Beth Anne
Orange_Grove_Nursery
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyTue 6 Mar 2012 - 15:40

(and Becky's) Dad is going to have back surgery today at 2:45. He's had many surgeries in the past but for some reason this one is making me nervous. There isn't anything about this one that is dangerous, it's just that a couple from our church have a daughter that recently went through minor back surgery and ended up having a stroke (she's younger than me) because of a blood clot as a result of the surgery. Then on Sunday pastor mentions how his dad died young after minor surgery because of a blood clot. affraid affraid affraid That's the last thing I needed to hear just before my own father is going in for minor surgery. Prayers for my Dad 602954 I know my Mom has the butterflies in her tummy too, so if you could say a prayer for all of us, that this goes well and Dad will be home recovering soon.

Prayers for my Dad 837677 Prayers for my Dad 837677 Prayers for my Dad 837677
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Beth Anne
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Beth Anne

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyTue 6 Mar 2012 - 16:00

I know those stories are scary, but there is only a very small chance of that happening. I know that doesn't make it any less scary right now.

Please keep us updated and I'll keep him in my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyTue 6 Mar 2012 - 16:13

Prayers for my Dad 837677
Back to top Go down
Blossoms_and_Blessings
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Blossoms_and_Blessings

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyTue 6 Mar 2012 - 19:49

I've been nervous, too. They didn't end up taking Dad for surgery until after 4:00, and it's a 2 hour surgery. So hopefully we'll have word soon.
Back to top Go down
Blossoms_and_Blessings
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Blossoms_and_Blessings

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyTue 6 Mar 2012 - 20:39

My dad is out of surgery and is in the recovery room. The doctor said the surgery went well and that the area they cleared out was very pinched, so he should have a lot of relief :) They said he should be able to go home Friday, but as early as tomorrow depending on how hie's feeling.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyTue 6 Mar 2012 - 21:19

happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
tanya1975
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
tanya1975

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyTue 6 Mar 2012 - 21:58

whoohoo happyhappy worthy happyhappy happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyTue 6 Mar 2012 - 22:02

good outcome
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyTue 6 Mar 2012 - 22:43

I am praying for your dad.
Back to top Go down
Blossoms_and_Blessings
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Blossoms_and_Blessings

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyTue 6 Mar 2012 - 22:54

I just talked to my dad on the phone and he said he can already feel an improvement in how his feet feel :)
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: feeling differnce   Prayers for my Dad EmptyTue 6 Mar 2012 - 23:19

Wow woo that is great news.
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyWed 7 Mar 2012 - 3:57

whoohoo happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyWed 7 Mar 2012 - 4:15

Glad all went well. I hear so many bad stories about back surgeries, I refuse to have it done, it won't cure all so why go in and risk further problems with the back. My ortho is of the same opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://lynkproducts.com.au
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyWed 7 Mar 2012 - 4:16

Good news, wishing your dad a speedy recovery
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyWed 7 Mar 2012 - 12:07

Thanks Becky for keeping everyone updated. (We were gone for several hours last night, our tax return came in so we went to order my new dryer to go with my new washer and then we had to get to bed because my husband is on 1st shift this week and next [he had to be there at 5:30 this morning].)

I'm so glad to hear that my Dad is feeling better already! I'll be happier once he's home. The doctor won't be there today, so it'll be Thursday at the earliest that he can go home, probably.
Back to top Go down
Beth Anne
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Beth Anne

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyWed 7 Mar 2012 - 13:00

I'm so glad the surgery went well and he's feeling an improvement already! Like Lyn mentioned, back surgeries are very tricky and can make the problem worse sometimes. His case must have been bad, because most ortho surgeons use surgery as a last resort.

It's wonderful he's doing well!! whoohoo happyhappy whoohoo
Back to top Go down
Dianne1227
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Dianne1227

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 21:01

Glad to hear ya'll got some good news.
Dianne
Back to top Go down
Blossoms_and_Blessings
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Blossoms_and_Blessings

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 21:04

Beth Anne wrote:
I'm so glad the surgery went well and he's feeling an improvement already! Like Lyn mentioned, back surgeries are very tricky and can make the problem worse sometimes. His case must have been bad, because most ortho surgeons use surgery as a last resort.

It's wonderful he's doing well!! whoohoo happyhappy whoohoo

Dad had a pinched nerve in his lower back that was affecting his legs and feet. He could barely walk and had stabbing pains besides. He's had several similar surgeries only in his neck for pinched nerves that affected his arms/hands. If you don't alieviate the pinched area, the damage can be permanant. Dad didn't want that and kept pushing for them to do the surgery as he recognized the similarities with his other pinched nerves.
Back to top Go down
Beth Anne
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Beth Anne

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012 - 2:17

Blossoms_and_Blessings wrote:
Dad had a pinched nerve in his lower back that was affecting his legs and feet. He could barely walk and had stabbing pains besides. He's had several similar surgeries only in his neck for pinched nerves that affected his arms/hands. If you don't alieviate the pinched area, the damage can be permanant. Dad didn't want that and kept pushing for them to do the surgery as he recognized the similarities with his other pinched nerves.

Good for him! It's good when people take charge of their medical care.
Back to top Go down
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012 - 2:41

Glad to hear all news is good. thankyou!

Your Dad will be running the marathon before you know it........ lol
Back to top Go down
Blossoms_and_Blessings
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Blossoms_and_Blessings

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012 - 7:52

Dad is currently in quite a bit of pain from a stretched nerve in his hip (that's what the doctor's nurse said it was anyway) It's something to do with the inflamation and etc. He is supposed to recline more or stand up. Getting up is rather difficult as he has to keep his back completely vertical while getting up. So continued prayers for his recovery would be great bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012 - 14:57

Definitely will keep him in further prayer. How is he doing now?
I have had some back surgeries and I think one of the hardest parts in the hospital is getting up without bending your back at all! That vertical standing is worthy of a gold medal for sure!

hugs
joy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prayers for my Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my Dad   Prayers for my Dad Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for my Dad
Page 1 of 1