R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about something in the newborn class

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
janisn
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
janisn

Question about something in the newborn class Empty
PostSubject: Question about something in the newborn class   Question about something in the newborn class EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010 - 16:05

I was wondering where you use the berry markers can you use something else besides them? I ordered some berry markers about a week and a half ago and i havent gotten them as of yet. I also went to a couple craft stores looking for them just to ahve them before i get the other ones but i cant find them. The berry markers are holding me up from trying to do a doll. Please help me out? Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about something in the newborn class   Question about something in the newborn class EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010 - 22:34

I use cosmetic sponges and sea sponges to get the look I want. I tried the berry maker and it was ok. I just didnt care to much for the perfect circles. I like it more uneven. I like the sea sponge best. I just lightly paint the color over the sponge and touch the vinyl with it. I like that look better, but that is me. Everyone is different.
Back to top Go down
janisn
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
janisn

PostSubject: Re: Question about something in the newborn class   Question about something in the newborn class EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010 - 22:38

Thanks so much. After you do it with the sea sponge do you go over it with the wedge?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about something in the newborn class   Question about something in the newborn class EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010 - 23:33

only gently to lighten a bit if needed!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Question about something in the newborn class   Question about something in the newborn class EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010 - 23:35

Sea sponges can give a great newborn splotchy effect. Just be sure to go over it with your mop brush (pouncing) to blend it, or a dry cos sponge.
Back to top Go down
florax

PostSubject: Re: Question about something in the newborn class   Question about something in the newborn class EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010 - 10:10

I'm having the same problem... It's gonna take a week (at least) for me to get my berry maker... so I guess I'm gonna have to use the sea sponge.. I hope I get a nice result
Back to top Go down
janisn
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
janisn

PostSubject: Re: Question about something in the newborn class   Question about something in the newborn class EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010 - 18:48

Yes i am irritated about my berry markers i should of had them by now. So lastnight i was trying to do some of my doll but i kinda got frustrated i am so lost on it all. notfair
Back to top Go down
florax

PostSubject: Re: Question about something in the newborn class   Question about something in the newborn class EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010 - 18:52

me too.. I kinda got discouraged because I want to follow the e book and do exactly as it says.. but I can't... I guess I'll get over it.. I'lll make sure to have my berry maker before I start on my next doll
I'm sure you'll get some nice results even without the berry maker :)
Back to top Go down
janisn
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
janisn

PostSubject: Re: Question about something in the newborn class   Question about something in the newborn class EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010 - 19:03

Yes it is very discouraging when you cant go by the way it shows until you learn your own ways. I just get frustrated because i dont know what im doing and i wanna make nice dolls like everyone else does.lol.
Back to top Go down
bschrieber
bschrieber

PostSubject: got exactly the same feelings   Question about something in the newborn class EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010 - 21:49

Yes agree when you don't know for sure how it should look or what you are suppose to be doing it is hard if you don't have exact what is saying or being used. thats why I was so excited to find this forum and the lessons. Stick with it and we will both get it i am sure.
God Bless
Bev
Back to top Go down
janisn
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
janisn

PostSubject: Re: Question about something in the newborn class   Question about something in the newborn class EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010 - 21:54

Thanks for your encouragement. Yes i sure hope we will both get it. I am hoping to learn something i keep getting tutorials and im not sure which way to go or what to do or even if i am doing it right.
Back to top Go down
bschrieber
bschrieber

PostSubject: tutorials   Question about something in the newborn class EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010 - 21:58

Yes I have bought several different ones also and to date Lara's class are the best I have found. I have had questions and the ones that I ask have been answered quite timely too. I would love to be able to do babys like I have seen posted here and some day I hope to be of help to someone else. God Bless
Bev
Back to top Go down
florax

PostSubject: Re: Question about something in the newborn class   Question about something in the newborn class EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010 - 5:09

i'll give my doll a try today..... I'm going to use a sea sponge...
hopefully it'll turn out just fine :)
Back to top Go down
gerry
Toddler
Toddler
gerry

PostSubject: Re: Question about something in the newborn class   Question about something in the newborn class EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010 - 12:30

I don't use the berry makers. I take a cosmetic sponge and use a tweezer to pluck out little uneven circles. Then I put paint on it with my mop brush and blot my sponge a little before I lightly press it where I want the mottle. If it's too heavy, I go back over it lightly with a clean sponge...just enough to lighten and soften it. I like the look you get with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about something in the newborn class   Question about something in the newborn class Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about something in the newborn class
Page 1 of 1