R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finally getting around to introducing myself

Go down 
+3
Poppy
nightowlnursery
sarahelizabethii
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sarahelizabethii
Toddler
Toddler
sarahelizabethii

Finally getting around to introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Finally getting around to introducing myself   Finally getting around to introducing myself EmptySun 18 Sep 2011 - 23:54

Been here a little over a week now --- long enough that I can finally post pictures. :D

I live in Michigan, been reborning for about 18 months, currently working on my 23rd baby.

Here are two of my favorites:
Finally getting around to introducing myself Th_100_1487 Finally getting around to introducing myself Th_100_1905
(click to enlarge)

The baby on the right was done with Lara's Just Born ebook.

You can see more of my babies here.

Marketing is my downfall. I don't have a lot of patience for all the frills and extras -- I'm even kind of a party-pooper when it comes to shopping for baby clothes. Probably need to work on that.

This seems like a pretty active forum. It's nice to be here.
Back to top Go down
nightowlnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
nightowlnursery

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting around to introducing myself   Finally getting around to introducing myself EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011 - 0:09

Very cool! I always wanted to write , tried a couple of times but I can never get the words out of my head and on to the paper. I am going to keep on trying though. Welcome to REAL! :real:
Back to top Go down
http://www.nightowlnursery.com

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting around to introducing myself   Finally getting around to introducing myself EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011 - 9:49

Welcome to you!! I am assuming your name is Sarah Elizabeth, that is mine also! lol
I go by Sarah Beth, We have another sarah also, Poppy!
Such a great name! lol
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting around to introducing myself   Finally getting around to introducing myself EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011 - 21:37

welcome it's great to have you here, your babies are beautiful! I am the other Sarah, but I am Sarah Louise bigsmile
Back to top Go down
sarahelizabethii
Toddler
Toddler
sarahelizabethii

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting around to introducing myself   Finally getting around to introducing myself EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011 - 22:33

It's no coincidence all these Sarahs are about the same age, is it?
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting around to introducing myself   Finally getting around to introducing myself EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011 - 22:35

Must have been popular in the 70's? I remember there being quite a few Sarahs in my classes at school!
Back to top Go down
sarahelizabethii
Toddler
Toddler
sarahelizabethii

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting around to introducing myself   Finally getting around to introducing myself EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011 - 22:57

Poppy wrote:
Must have been popular in the 70's? I remember there being quite a few Sarahs in my classes at school!

According to Social Security records it was in the top 5 for baby girls in the USA from 1980-1989, and then again from 1992-2000.

Apparently I was an early one in 1979.
Back to top Go down
audrey
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
audrey

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting around to introducing myself   Finally getting around to introducing myself EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011 - 11:47

I have seen you on BB forum, so it is nice to see you here. You will love this forum. I sure do! Lots of good learning and good advice along the way
:real: :real: :real:

Baby hugs,
Audrey
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedollmaker2nursery.com
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting around to introducing myself   Finally getting around to introducing myself EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011 - 15:13

Hi Sarah, I know you will enjoy RealReborn! I clicked on your historical novel link and discovered that I have read one of your novels, Miss Spitfire! I have always had an interest in anything Helen Keller so I read it even though it was a young adult novel and I am an old adult. Enjoyed it very much. When I was a little girl, some of the original film, The Miracle Worker; was filmed on my aunt and uncle`s property in NJ. The brook scenes, background field scenes, old outbuilding scenes and farm scenes were filmed on and around their property. I was only about 8 yrs. old and remember thinking Patty Duke was just a kid like me! :real: bigsmile
Back to top Go down
sarahelizabethii
Toddler
Toddler
sarahelizabethii

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting around to introducing myself   Finally getting around to introducing myself EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011 - 22:15

Groovyday wrote:
I clicked on your historical novel link and discovered that I have read one of your novels, Miss Spitfire! I have always had an interest in anything Helen Keller so I read it even though it was a young adult novel and I am an old adult. Enjoyed it very much.

I'm glad you liked it. In fact, most of the feedback I get is from adult women. Miss Spitfire seems to cross age boundaries quite freely -- which makes it especially nice for mother-daughter book groups.

Have you read Blind Rage, by Georgina Kleege? Really terrific. Probably my favorite Helen Keller book. And also Beyond the Miracle Worker, by Kim Nielsen. I was lucky enough to read that one in manuscript form.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting around to introducing myself   Finally getting around to introducing myself EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011 - 0:40

Wow Sarah, that's very impressive. I've always wanted to write children's books but quite frankly, have no clue on how to start lol

Now I must get that book and read it. Did you come to Alabama to do some of your research?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
sarahelizabethii
Toddler
Toddler
sarahelizabethii

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting around to introducing myself   Finally getting around to introducing myself EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011 - 1:31

Karen wrote:
I've always wanted to write children's books but quite frankly, have no clue on how to start

Start by joining Verla Kay's Blueboards.

Quote :
Did you come to Alabama to do some of your research?

Sure did. Ran through about three rolls of film in one afternoon in Tuscumbia.
Back to top Go down
michelle7
Crawler
Crawler
michelle7

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting around to introducing myself   Finally getting around to introducing myself EmptyWed 26 Oct 2011 - 4:55

hello and welcome, i am new to this forum, but not new to the reborning world.
hugs michelle welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.michellesrebornbabies.com.au
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally getting around to introducing myself   Finally getting around to introducing myself Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally getting around to introducing myself
Page 1 of 1