R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello, I am a newbie

Go down 
+10
pmorris
Second Star
keli
bschrieber
kathys korner
audrey
Pam in Florida
Poppy
sweetlilangelsnursery
artgirl22
14 posters
AuthorMessage
artgirl22

Hello, I am a newbie Empty
PostSubject: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011 - 0:22

HI, my name is Heather Linn and I just very recently began to teach myself reborning through a lot of trial and error. I am frustrated at my lack of knowledge and/or skill but can't seem to stop trying, I'm addicted to the art! (I love art in general, and am easily addicted to it.) I want to sell some of my babies on ebay even if I cannot get top dollar for them it will help offset the costs of what I am learning is an expensive hobby, but I am completely overwhelmed by the process, I don't know where to start. I can't think of a catchy name for a "nursery", so I thought I might just go with "Heather's Newborn Nursery" if that isn't taken. To top it all off, I am a bit of an abberation- in my late 20s, I'm single and childless. I guess I imagine everyone who reborns to have had children at some time in their life. This is more of an art thing, and yes, I do think babies are cute, of course!

Any suggestions? I just found out about the IRDA conference coming up and would love to go if possible. I actually live in CA so it shouldn't be too long of a trip. But overall I need to find a way to make this reborning work or it will ruin me financially before I have a chance to really explore it like I want to.

Thanks so much! I'm so glad I found this forum!

Hugs,
Heather bigsmile
Back to top Go down
sweetlilangelsnursery
sweetlilangelsnursery

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011 - 4:10

welcome to the forum Heather . You will love it here, so glad you decided to join. The Ladies here are a great group of talented women and will help you any way they can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetlilangels.com
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011 - 4:28

Hi Heather welcome to the forum!! I think you will love it here and reborning is so much fun. I think you should take one of Lara's classes and the newborn class coming up in March would be perfect. You can reborn the Teddy kit (Adrie Stoete) and can enter him in the contest at the end or you can use another kit of your choice and not enter the contest. The classes are so much fun and they are really clear step by step and you go at your own pace. Lara has lots of great tips and techniques. As you go through each step you can post any questions or take photos as you go and then Lara and the other moderators can help with anything. I think a class would be great for you bigsmile otherwise you could purchase one of Lara's e-books (available on her website) and do this at your own pace - you can still post on the forum if you need help with anything. I'm sure you will love it. weeeeee! Oh and you are right about it being expensive - I think really it helps to think that for a while you may need to sell them for the amount you've spent on them or a little bit more, but it's pretty hard to make lots of money out of them. Have fun wave
Back to top Go down
Pam in Florida
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Pam in Florida

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011 - 10:50

Hi Heather.... I am new to this reborning thing too but it is addictive!!! I just love this forum and everyone will help if you just ask weeeeee! I have been a member for about 2 months and just figured out how to pick up my logos and post my picture. I had to get help with that. And I will be happy to answer any question that you might have regarding these things. I am taking the hairpainting class and the Teddy class. I just can't wait........ weeeeee! welcome welcome welcome to our group angelsmiley
Back to top Go down
audrey
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
audrey

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011 - 12:21

Hi Heather and Welcome to our little group! You will learn so much here, and your skills will improve very rapidly. As for your Nursery name, there is nothing it can't be. There is a list of "taken" names on this website. A suggestion for something pretty.......Misty Heather Reborn Nursery! Of course your own name is so pretty that Heather's Newborn Nursery would be a great choice!

Best of luck in your new "hobby" . It is addicting, and you can spend lots of $$$ especially at first. The best advice I can give you is to start out slowly, resist the temptation to buy every new kit that comes on the market, and take whatever classes Lara offers that you can afford at the time. You need to purchase the baby for the class if you want to enter the contest at the end, but you can use any baby you have on hand if you don't want to enter the contest. And Lara usually gets us a good price on the babies she offers that are class specific!

And if you have questions, this is the place to get them answered! welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedollmaker2nursery.com
kathys korner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
kathys korner

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011 - 13:54

Welcome Heather! You have come to the right place. weeeeee! I too was self taught...I started in 2004 and never took a class or joined a forum until 1 1/2 years ago. affraid Boy, I should have done that sooner!!! sad I regret that I didn't, but I have learned so much and Lara's classes are well worth the money!!! clapclap You will love it here! happyforyou!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/kathyskornernursery
bschrieber
bschrieber

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011 - 14:22

welcome to the forum. You will find wonderful ladies here full of wisdom and knowledge. All willing to help with questions. So jump right in there and ask away if you have questions. Take time to look around you will find a lot of information here. God Bless
Back to top Go down
keli
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
keli

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011 - 15:56

welcome Glad to have you here. This forum has a wealth of information and expertise. If you read thru some of the older posts you will learn all kinds of helpful hints. wink And you don't have to have babies to be a reborner. But if you get a chance to see a newborn, inspect them from head to toe, check out their skintones and hairline, fingernails.... I'm taking the Teddy class, it's my first class and I can't wait. happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy Definately get yourself signed up for a class!
Back to top Go down
Pam in Florida
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Pam in Florida

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011 - 17:01

What about Heather's Little Honeys..... Just a thought I had while shopping today after reading your post angelsmiley
Back to top Go down
Second Star
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Second Star

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011 - 17:23

welcome To REAL Heather!!!!

I think you will find this a spot that draws you in everyday due to something new is happening all the time. Lot's of sharing and learning!!!!!
Back to top Go down
pmorris
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
pmorris

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011 - 20:27

Heather: I am also new to the art (just over a year). I started by using the Authentic Reborn Video, those babies were not too bad...but then I found REAL, took a few classes and bought a few e-books and WHEW they helped a BUNCH! You will learn a lot here and everyone is willing to help in any way they can. So if you have a question - ask bigsmile
Back to top Go down
http://www.storkslandingrebornnursery.com
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011 - 20:49

happyforyou! Hello and welcome Heather!! glad you are here with us, you will learn a lot here , Lara and all these ladies are so helpful! wave hugs, Kathy
Back to top Go down
kimesue8
Toddler
Toddler
kimesue8

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie EmptySat 29 Jan 2011 - 10:13

welcome Heather you will love it here. bigsmile It take's a lot of Dolly Dollars at first but the more you reborn the better you get.I found that there not a lot of money in reborning that's why i guess most of my nieces end up with mine. whoohoo
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie EmptySat 29 Jan 2011 - 16:40

Hello Heather, welcome in and its so good to have you on board. welcome welcome

Hello, I am a newbie Charer002
Hello, I am a newbie 2011logoready
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
tonya575
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
tonya575

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie EmptySat 29 Jan 2011 - 19:07

welcome welcome Glad to have you here with us!! It's a great Forum!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.trapplestendertots.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie   Hello, I am a newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello, I am a newbie
Page 1 of 1