R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi all so glad to be here!

Go down 
+2
gerry
peggys
6 posters
AuthorMessage
peggys
Toddler
Toddler
peggys

Hi all so glad to be here! Empty
PostSubject: Hi all so glad to be here!   Hi all so glad to be here! EmptySat 24 Oct 2009 - 13:16

Hi, I'm Peggy and so glad to be here! I think I just barely made it! I have been reborning on and off for about 5 years, but only really ON in the past 6 months. I haven't done that many dolls as I'm slow and a real perfectionist (not the word my friends use :oops: ) I also have a bit of a problem COMPLETING something before I move on the the next project 🇳🇴 . I will be doing Allison for the class and can't wait! I am also looking forward to getting to know all of you a bit.
Peggy
Back to top Go down
http://www.appleblossombabies.com
gerry
Toddler
Toddler
gerry

PostSubject: Re: Hi all so glad to be here!   Hi all so glad to be here! EmptySun 25 Oct 2009 - 12:21

Hi Peggy, it's great to meet you. I am excited to get started on my Lulu for this class. I had to laugh when you said you had a hard time finishing one project before moving on to the next...I have several partially-completed things at any given time at my house! I have tried to be disciplined with the reborns though. Can't start another till I finish this one! LOL
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Hi all so glad to be here!   Hi all so glad to be here! EmptySun 25 Oct 2009 - 22:29

Hi ya, Peggy! So glad you are here! That is WONDERFUL that you take your time with your reborns. It shows a true passion for the art. There are so many out there that put these dolls together in a few days and try to sell them. You can spot quality work when someone puts lots of time and works on the details of each baby. Denise Farmer is one of my most favorite reborners, and you can tell that she puts many many hours and love into each baby.
I'm just thrilled to have another "perfectionist" here. (or whatever you want to call it)
Take your time, and don't be rushed getting through the lessons. I will email everyone a pdf file after the class, so you'll have it if you need more time when class is done. I will try to leave the lessons posted for a good 2 months though. :D
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: Hi all so glad to be here!   Hi all so glad to be here! EmptySun 25 Oct 2009 - 23:44

Peggy, I welcome another 'perfectionist'. I have so struggled with trying to get everything right and in my old day's I moved to another house and forgot the unfinished projects. Now I've settled down and have 14 or more kits and I want more. Am I in trouble?

I had to complete my little Noe to enter the contest - Thank God that there was a contest or he would still be waiting for body, filling and maybe even hair.

Peggy, if this forum creates a Perfectionist Usergroup I will sign up just before or behind you.

Lara doesn't let any moss gather on her stone and I love her for that - and she does detail 'perfectly'.
Back to top Go down
peggys
Toddler
Toddler
peggys

PostSubject: Re: Hi all so glad to be here!   Hi all so glad to be here! EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009 - 0:12

Thank you so much Laura! One good thing about me taking classes it DOES usually make me finish a project. Oh Great Lydie it sounds like I will be in good company! And oh yes a contest will definitely get me to complete something! Also a class is good to keep me going in the right direction. Gerry, I also, have made myself quit on the reborns until ALL are TOTALLY finished! But it's HARD! I wanna paint! I need to finish up some sewing and clean up my shop aka pigpen before starting ANYTHING else!
Peg
Back to top Go down
http://www.appleblossombabies.com
monki
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
monki

PostSubject: Re: Hi all so glad to be here!   Hi all so glad to be here! EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009 - 9:18

Well girls, add me to your list of perfectionist. When I start a reborn, everything else goes on "hold". I spend countless hours with my head magnifier making sure I get those creases clean, etc. I enjoy every moment of it though, there is not a dreaded moment involved. I keep my notes close by, as well as the computer so I can double ck myself, "don't want to have a senior moment during the reborning time" :scratch:
Denise Farmer is my favorite as well, her dolls were my inspiration to do my first reborn. She really amazes me.
So nice to meet another group of "Perfectioners". I guess that could be called a Texas word!! You know we speak a whole 'nuther language down here. 🤡
Welcome aboard to all the Newbie's and returning first class "newbies".
Back to top Go down
http://www.rebornsundertherainbowsmoon.com
jlingo
Toddler
Toddler
jlingo

PostSubject: Re: Hi all so glad to be here!   Hi all so glad to be here! EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009 - 19:43

I can hardly wait until the class to start. So I know I will be asking all of you lots and lots of questions. There are certain things that I enjoy when I make the babies - more than others. I love to paint them -- however, putting on the eyelashes and rooting the hair can be very tedious for me and I break tons of the needles. I know that practice makes perfect and look forward to learning from all of you.

Jill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mothersperfectbaby.com
gerry
Toddler
Toddler
gerry

PostSubject: Re: Hi all so glad to be here!   Hi all so glad to be here! EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009 - 12:49

Amen to the rooting problems, jill. That's my least favorite part of the reborning process, although it is so rewarding to finish that adorable head and assemble the baby. All the time I'm rooting, I'm thinking..."I'm nearly finished and I can dress my baby up and cuddle her/him!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all so glad to be here!   Hi all so glad to be here! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi all so glad to be here!
Page 1 of 1