R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Artist of the Month Contest

Go down 
+10
bearysweethearts
BasketBabies
Jenny In NH
LaRenna
Tinabloomfield
jo_lil_sugars
Lara
pia46
Bornannew
2ndchildhoodnursery
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

Artist of the Month Contest Empty
PostSubject: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 11:47

Good morning Ladies!!!  
The details have been ironed out and we will be having an Artist of the Month contest.  happyhappy happyhappy
We will also then have an R.E.A.L. ARTIST OF THE YEAR at the end of 2014!!  weeeeee! weeeeee! weeeeee!

The Artist of the Month will recieve a Artist of the Month logo with a picture of your baby on it and the month and year it was won.  The Artist of the Year will recieve a special Artist of the Year Logo AND a beautiful Crystal Trophy!!   Are you excited yet????  I know I am!!!
So, wanna know the details/requirements for this awesome contest??

~ Anyone can enter and it can be any doll kit that you have reborned recently. Do not use the same pictures  that you have posted on other sites.
    ~ There are no themes for this so let your artistic talents lead you for the photo shoots.
    ~ You will submit 3 pictures of your baby for consideration (Full body, Close up, and Hair).
    ~ All pictures will be submitted to me by the end of each month and will be posted at the beginning of each month for voting.

I think that about covers it, did I forget anything??  Please let me know if I did or you can think of anything that we need to add/adjust, etc.
Lara has already set up a special section for the contest, under contests, and is labeled Artist of the Month.  All future posts regarding the contest will be posted there.

Last edited by Lara on Tue 1 Jul 2014 - 10:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed rule about pictures being posted)
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 16:22

Just checking before I do final photos...if our entries are due today?

thankyou!
Excited. ..worked on it all day yesterday to meet our deadline!
 dancingbaby
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyWed 1 Jan 2014 - 2:08

I won't make this month! Hopefully a future one though.entries are supposed to be in by midnight on the last day of the month but I don't know what time zone! Good luck ladies! I will just vote!
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyWed 1 Jan 2014 - 2:24

Happy New Year Pia...I made it..just under the wire..lol
The site gave me a fit..trying to submit them...
Can't give U any hints. Lol   happy voting!
Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyThu 2 Jan 2014 - 10:55

pia46 wrote:
I won't make this month! Hopefully a future one though.entries are supposed to be in by midnight on the last day of the month but I don't know what time zone! Good luck ladies! I will just vote!

PIa,
The entry date has been extended until 1/4/14 at midnight and I beleive I am eastern time but as long as it is before I wake up and get on the computer with my Sunday morning coffee you are good. And seeings how I am still trying to shake this flu/cold, on the days my alarm does not have to go off, it doesn't.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyThu 2 Jan 2014 - 12:05

Still time to get your entries in for Artist of the Month!!!  whoohoo 
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyThu 2 Jan 2014 - 12:43

I got mine in on the 1st and was afraid it was too late, it looks like I made it  happyhappy whoohoo happyhappy 
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014 - 15:26

DEADLINE FOR ARTIST OF THE MONTH IS IN ONE WEEK! (or is it extended?)
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014 - 18:32

I think the January artist has already been announced Pia.
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014 - 19:28

Yes she has. The photos for Feb artist of the month are due on January 31st though since this is a monthly award. Maybe I should have bumped another post instead?
Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptySat 25 Jan 2014 - 12:24

Pia, you are correct, the deadline will always be the last day of the month. If need be we can always adjust as needed but for the sake of structure and as to not confuse everyone the last day of the month is the goal.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptySat 25 Jan 2014 - 14:14

Thanks. Ever changing deadlines has always been one of my pet peeves.
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyWed 26 Feb 2014 - 1:58

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS NEXT FRIDAY. FEBRUARY 28TH!
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyWed 26 Feb 2014 - 2:01

Thanx Pia!  bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
LaRenna
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
LaRenna

PostSubject: Artist of Month   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:58

Hello, I'm trying to submit my 3 pics for the March Artist of the Month. I've sent them p.m. to 2ndchildhoodnursery but my message is sitting in my "outbox"??? Shouldn't it be showing up in my "sent box" if it was sent??? Help!
Linda
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 16:17

I think it will show up in your outbox until it is read and then it will show in the "sent". I think it just means that it hasn't been opened yet.
Back to top Go down
LaRenna
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
LaRenna

PostSubject: Artist of the Month   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 16:22

Thank you for your reply. I see that could be the case. I sent it yesterday because the deadline for pics is today and I wanted to be in it this next month..
Thanks
Linda
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 20:53

Hi Linda...no hon, they stay in the OUTBOX...until the person reads your PM...then they show in the sent box!! lol lol  Weird..but that is how you know if your message has been read.

Back to top Go down
LaRenna
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
LaRenna

PostSubject: Artist of the Month   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 21:56

Alright and thanks. That is strange and different then regular emailing. I was getting concerned because today is the last day to enter pics for the contest and my pm with the pics in it haven't been looked at yet, if that is the case. Don't want to miss the entry deadline. It happened to me in January as well.
Thanks for the reply
Linda
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptySat 1 Mar 2014 - 3:02

I think Michele is away at the moment, (she hasn't answered an email of mine) your date of submission will be fine, not to worry! :)
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptySat 1 Mar 2014 - 22:46

Hi Linda, Yes I PM'd Lara and she confirmed there will and always is a AOTM Contest ...so if Michele is away she will post when she returns...BOL on your entry  bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyMon 3 Mar 2014 - 16:44

Was thinking the poll would be up today?
Back to top Go down
BasketBabies
Toddler
Toddler
BasketBabies

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 10:39

I sent my entry to Michelle via PM on March 21st and it is still in the outbox which means that she has not yet seen it... Is this typical? Should I be concened?

Carmen
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourspecialplace.net/basketbabies
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 1:44

May is still not posted? Has this been cancelled?
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 14:05

pia46 wrote:
May is still not posted? Has this been cancelled?
Pia, I pm'd Michele over the weekend and she only has 1 entry so far and most contest we need at least 4.She said she was going to pm Lara about what to do ,but Lara has been so under the weather lately with surgery and basement flooding. Hopefully Michele will know something soon.
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyTue 27 May 2014 - 12:08

Since nothing more has been posted and Lara has indicated that there will ALWAYS be an artist of the month competition, I am "bumping" this thread. Entries are due the last day of May (Saturday the 31st).
Back to top Go down
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyTue 27 May 2014 - 16:08

As long as there are more than one entry, can't there be a poll?
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyThu 29 May 2014 - 6:05

Supposedly the minimum submissions to have a poll is 4...so hopefully members will be sendibg them in... thankyou! 
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 0:59

Looks like June is a "fail" too. Did anyone send entries this month? I am just looking to vote - I didn't enter.
Back to top Go down
miss cupcake
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
miss cupcake

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 9:13

hellooo, i sent mine in but havn't had a reply!!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 11:36

I will get together with Michele and see how we can promote this better to get more entries.

ANYONE can enter as long as they are a member of REAL. We should have entries easily with so many members.
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 12:04

I just keep getting bogged down, and by the time I remember....its too late.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 15:09

Tinabloomfield wrote:
I just keep getting bogged down, and by the time I remember....its too late.

Me too.  oho
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 16:40

I sent one in and haven't had a reply, either.
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 3:00

Certainly discouraging that there have been no updates on this thread? Where are all,of the moderators? Is Michele OK? Is anyone taking over?
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 7:13

I know I had a couple of baby's I wanted to submit but once I didn't get a reply and then another reply was too late for me to enter, I gave up and just put the reborns on eBay.

Is everything OK? I sure hope so, it just seems so out of context for her not to get back to us. prayer
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyMon 23 Jun 2014 - 3:05

Has this been cancelled?
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyMon 23 Jun 2014 - 12:16

Didn't Michelle quit reborning?  I think Lara forgot to appoint a new person to run this.   IDK
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyMon 23 Jun 2014 - 12:55

Orange_Grove_Nursery wrote:
Didn't Michelle quit reborning?  I think Lara forgot to appoint a new person to run this.   IDK
She was on the forum on the 18th of June and has been numerous times without posting answers to any questions about the contest. Lara stated on the 4th of June that she would check with Michelle and get it sorted! Apparently everyone is too busy.
Back to top Go down
Jenzbabies
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyMon 23 Jun 2014 - 12:57

Orange_Grove_Nursery wrote:
Someone really needs to help take over then. We were looking forward to this contest.It is so unfair to cancel a contest since some ladies already have winning entries. And to all the entries that were just left hanging , I'm sure they all worked really hard on them .  eyeroll IDK 
Back to top Go down
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyMon 23 Jun 2014 - 15:10

Do I hear the theme to The Twilight Zone?

IDK 
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyMon 23 Jun 2014 - 17:29

I never heard that she was quitting reborning  IDK  It would definately be nice to know what is going on.
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyMon 23 Jun 2014 - 19:40

I spoke to Michele a few times around  May15th she said she had over extended herself and was a bit overwhelmed, but we all do that from time to time. But she never mentioned not reborning anymore .I noticed her mom has not been on much as well. I think her and her mom have a reborn business together. I sure hope both of them are okay.
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyMon 23 Jun 2014 - 20:01

At this point, several moderators and Lara know this is not happening.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyMon 23 Jun 2014 - 20:25

I must have gotten it wrong then.  I'm not sure why she hasn't responded to the AOTM contest questions then.  IDK  IDK  IDK
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyMon 23 Jun 2014 - 20:41

Would someone else like to organize and promote the contest? I have no problem paying for the prize at the end, but I am starting a full time job, and just don;t have time to take on anything else. I think this contest is an amazing idea, and if promoted properly on REAL and on Facebook, we can get a lot more participating. Whoever organizes it, is still able to participate in the contest. If interested, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyMon 23 Jun 2014 - 23:59

Best wishes on the new job, Lara!

If I knew more about how to work with a forum I could try to do it or at least help another person who may be more forum savvy. Maybe if two or three can work on it together, that would be helpful?
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 12:57

Is the Michigan workshop still on?
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 13:08

Tinabloomfield wrote:
Is the Michigan workshop still on?

Yes, of course!!!!  whoohoo  Why wouldn't it be????

You don't think I ca handle the 7 hour car drive after surgery silly?????
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 13:57

LOL...that's not what I meant silly goose....was asking because you said you have a full time job now  bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artist of the Month Contest   Artist of the Month Contest Empty

Back to top Go down

Artist of the Month Contest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next