R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from Stephens City Virginia

Go down 
+3
Trish
Karen
KatarinasDreamNursery
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KatarinasDreamNursery
Crawler
Crawler
KatarinasDreamNursery

Hello from Stephens City Virginia Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Stephens City Virginia   Hello from Stephens City Virginia EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012 - 11:45

My name is Christine Martin, I'm 38, married to a wonderful man and mother to 2 teenage boys/men 20 and 17. I discovered reborning in December of 2010 by accident as many do while browsing on ebay. I was looking for a nice doll for my World Vision AA baby and wanted something nicer than the Walmart dolls and started googling "realistic baby doll," and 'oh-my' my world changed from that moment and I haven't looked back wink I ended up getting a Calin AA baby by Corolle dolls for my World Vision girl, a nice practical and cute AA doll. But me, that was just the beginning, I ended up getting a reborn from a lady and I was in love, however, on further inspection and research, I discovered my reborn to be "lacking" in mottling and other characteristics that leads to realism that I felt I could do myself. Thus my journey began, with a Secrist Zoe kit that expanded into an expensive venture yeseree as I aquired supplies, mohair, AR paints, then Genisis paints (Water Borne paint coming Saturday, so excited!), bodies, kits, etc. tutorials, thankfully, I finally found Lara's tutorials and use them exclusively while adding my own personal touch, love, and hours and hours and hours of painting. I am now at a place where I feel comfortable selling my reborns and am working on my debut kit, Jule by Manuela Muth, just love her pouty mouth. And, as I sit and look through topics and threads and get to know you all :-) I felt it was time to say "Hello!" I just enjoy reading comments and getting to know everyone and learning something new each time I come to the forum, and I just love the "box-openings"
A little off topic, I was surfing the web and came across another reborner Sugar and Spice link through Macpherson's Arts and Crafts who was bannned from another forum, it's not me. I came up with the name in Jan. of 2011 from the nursery rhyme because I find myself always seeing a girl in most sculps, probably because I have boys only. Anyway, so I guess a name change or variation is in order IDK
Anyway, I'm thrilled to be part of such a fasinating art form and to share this journey with such caring and talented people. God Bless, off to rooting hair with new techniques learned from Lara's new DVD, AWESOME!! bravo See ya all around bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Stephens City Virginia   Hello from Stephens City Virginia EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012 - 14:58

Normally, I'd say :real: Christine but since you've been a member for awhile I'll say, Congratulations on coming out! Yes, you came out of the lurker's closet. wink

Not sure what to suggest about the nursery name. I also did a name change from when I first began reborning after seeing someone whose nursery name was similar that did what I considered to be horrible work. I didn't want to be associated at all with that person so I went for a total name change.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
KatarinasDreamNursery
Crawler
Crawler
KatarinasDreamNursery

PostSubject: Name change   Hello from Stephens City Virginia EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012 - 15:49

Karen, that's what I've decided to do, to totally change the name. If this reborner has been banned from a forum, I'm concerned and don't want to be associated with a close name. I just value my work too much and worked to hard thus far to have things go haywire over a name. So, now I'm brain storming names.
Back to top Go down
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Stephens City Virginia   Hello from Stephens City Virginia EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012 - 20:06

welcome :real: welcome
Back to top Go down
Michelle73
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Stephens City Virginia   Hello from Stephens City Virginia EmptyThu 3 Jan 2013 - 23:46

I know this is late but :real: or as Karen said ...congrats on coming out wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.roseecheeksrebornnursery.net
Stacey
Crawler
Crawler
Stacey

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Stephens City Virginia   Hello from Stephens City Virginia EmptySat 5 Jan 2013 - 0:07

Hello there fellow Virginian! I am all the way at the bottom of VA between Roanoke and Danville! I have family in Winchester! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
http://www.haskinsheavenlybabies.com
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Stephens City Virginia   Hello from Stephens City Virginia EmptySat 5 Jan 2013 - 8:39

Hello & it's great to hear from you!! You will find the right name, it's sad you have to change it once you had a name that fit so well with you. I'm like you, I wouldn't want any mistake in idenity!!
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Stephens City Virginia   Hello from Stephens City Virginia EmptyWed 9 Jan 2013 - 17:04

Hi and welcome! :real: I am from VA. also I am between Roanoke and Martinsville. Glad you could join us! happyforyou! hamsterdance dancingelephant Kathy
Back to top Go down
Stacey
Crawler
Crawler
Stacey

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Stephens City Virginia   Hello from Stephens City Virginia EmptyWed 9 Jan 2013 - 18:02

bearysweethearts wrote:
Hi and welcome! :real: I am from VA. also I am between Roanoke and Martinsville. Glad you could join us! happyforyou! hamsterdance dancingelephant Kathy

WOW! You are REALLY close to me!! I'm between Rocky Mount and Gretna! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
http://www.haskinsheavenlybabies.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Stephens City Virginia   Hello from Stephens City Virginia Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Stephens City Virginia
Page 1 of 1