R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help with Advanced Preemie ebook

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

Help with Advanced Preemie ebook Empty
PostSubject: Help with Advanced Preemie ebook   Help with Advanced Preemie ebook EmptyMon 8 Oct 2012 - 21:25

I have been working on my preemie and I did the mottling, but it's not showing up. I tested it first on a white paper towel & it looked perfect. I hate a strong mottling, but I can not see this. I did the red and continued with the purple. I also did the next step thinking I would see it then, but it is hard to see. Will it show up once I fill the limbs on completion? Or maybe it my Grandma eye's wink I don't see as well as I used to sad

Hugs,
Jo
Back to top Go down
LittlePunkins
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
LittlePunkins

PostSubject: Re: Help with Advanced Preemie ebook   Help with Advanced Preemie ebook EmptyMon 8 Oct 2012 - 22:39

It's been a while since I did the preemie... but if I remember right, you do multiple layers?
I'm sure Lara or someone will know the answer!
I do know, more thin layers are better than too thick! lol
Back to top Go down
http://littlepunkinsreborns.com/
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Help with Advanced Preemie ebook   Help with Advanced Preemie ebook EmptyTue 9 Oct 2012 - 0:30

Hi Jo, Preemies do have darker skintones and lots of Mottle. In the class we did 4 layers of mottle . 2 layers of deep red and 1 layer of purple and another layer of a lighter purple to blend all the layers together. You should be able to see them at this point, I would check in a well lighted area and see how much you actually have . Preemies should have quite a bit of mottle, and blue undertones.If you are not seeing anything at this stage you might want to re do some of your layers. I hope that helps. bigsmile Kathy
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Help with Advanced Preemie ebook   Help with Advanced Preemie ebook EmptyTue 9 Oct 2012 - 8:10

nothingtoadd
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Help with Advanced Preemie ebook   Help with Advanced Preemie ebook EmptyTue 9 Oct 2012 - 8:25

Hi Ladies & thank you so much! Can I go over the mottling again even with the baked flesh layer I put on after the mottling thinking this would bring it out? I will do all 4 mottle layer again, hope I didn't mess up putting on the flesh..... oho
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Help with Advanced Preemie ebook   Help with Advanced Preemie ebook EmptyTue 9 Oct 2012 - 8:33

Yes, you can repeat steps as needed. If you redo your mottling, you may need to also redo the blending layer.
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Help with Advanced Preemie ebook   Help with Advanced Preemie ebook EmptyTue 9 Oct 2012 - 10:29

thankyou! I will start re-doing her/him now!
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Help with Advanced Preemie ebook   Help with Advanced Preemie ebook EmptyTue 9 Oct 2012 - 12:24

That did it!! I made it just a tad darker & it worked!!! It's not overbearing and you can see it. Wow, it's amazing, it looks so real. I will have to post some pics when I'm a little further along.....
Hugs
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Help with Advanced Preemie ebook   Help with Advanced Preemie ebook EmptyTue 9 Oct 2012 - 13:01

happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Help with Advanced Preemie ebook   Help with Advanced Preemie ebook EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012 - 7:04

The preemie is looking good now! Yeahhhh, I just have a question about the eyes. I have a closed eyed baby, when do I start adding color to the eyes & how do I paint the closed eyes?
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Help with Advanced Preemie ebook   Help with Advanced Preemie ebook EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012 - 8:58

You can use your darker purple mottle on your eyelids. I'm glad the mottle is showing up for you now. Sometimes, it just takes more layers. I would much rather add more layers, then make the paint thicker. Thin translucent layers is the key to realistic skintone with lots of depth! Be sure to show pics of your baby! I love seeing the work in progress pics too!!! whoohoo
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Help with Advanced Preemie ebook   Help with Advanced Preemie ebook EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012 - 20:03

Thank you so much Lara! I really love this forum and I'm so glad I purchased these ebooks. I will post some pics of the baby, I'm really liking the way it is turning out.... happyhappy
Hugs,
Jo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with Advanced Preemie ebook   Help with Advanced Preemie ebook Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with Advanced Preemie ebook
Page 1 of 1