R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair

Go down 
+7
Poppy
joa44
Pauline
Lara
Second Star
BrooklynsGram
gwenjames43
11 posters
AuthorMessage
gwenjames43

Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair Empty
PostSubject: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyWed 25 Nov 2009 - 2:08

I wanted to get the best mohair, can you tell me where to buy it. I have not been able to find a seller. Thanks, gwenjames43
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyWed 25 Nov 2009 - 2:47

Hi Slumberland has their own web site. Search slumberlad mohair and it should come up. I've been on it several tomes. Just don't rem exzct add. hope this helps
Pris Just found it Slumberlandnursery.com

Last edited by BrooklynsGram on Wed 25 Nov 2009 - 2:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
Back to top Go down
Second Star
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Second Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyWed 25 Nov 2009 - 17:40

I have never bought any delta dawn mohair but I have used Slumberland's. I believe Lara using Delta so she probably knows where to buy it. I have a woman whom I have been buying from for a couple of years now and all I have to do is email her with whatever choice of color and she sets me up. She does however sell by the ounce at the time. Some people choose to buy just a half ounce. If you would like her email address just pm me. I like her mohair because it is so soft and never looks frizzy. Because it is so soft you really have to have a handle on rooting because it does make it a little more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyWed 25 Nov 2009 - 17:47

I use Delta Dawn's mohair, almost exclusively. I sometimes use Slumberland.
To get on Dawn's email list, just email her and ask to be put on her special list. If you tell her Lara sent you, I will get $2 off my next order. :D
Here's her email:
dawngarma@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyWed 25 Nov 2009 - 17:57

Hi all I got mine from Sue Nargel spelling prob wrong anyone ever use her? It's very soft and beautiful colors.
Thanks
Pris
Back to top Go down
Pauline
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyThu 26 Nov 2009 - 22:30

Hi Pris,
I have used Sue Nagels mohair on one doll, it was lovely to work with and no waste.
I purchased a baby blonde and a brown ages ago before her prices went sky high. Not sure how her prices are now....Pauline

BrooklynsGram wrote:
Hi all I got mine from Sue Nargel spelling prob wrong anyone ever use her? It's very soft and beautiful colors.
Thanks
Pris
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyThu 26 Nov 2009 - 22:35

That's what happened to me. I used to buy from her for $60/oz. Then suddenly she wouldn't accept custom orders anymore, and her prices on Ebay got too high. I'm not going into a bidding war for mohair!!!! :shock:
Back to top Go down
joa44
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 0:30

Lara wrote:
That's what happened to me. I used to buy from her for $60/oz. Then suddenly she wouldn't accept custom orders anymore, and her prices on Ebay got too high. I'm not going into a bidding war for mohair!!!! :shock:

i hear that,,,,even if is the best...The prices are jsut way out there for The Reborners that made her what she is........... :(
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 2:16

Hi yes I bought some on auction and hatted the bidding war. So I emailed her. She is now 75 per ounce direct from her. I'll see how this works. I got her name from some reborners babies I'd seen and liked. Prob too much but I am wicked picky with what hair looks like. Even though I've yet to do a doll. Thanks for info.
Pris
Back to top Go down
Pauline
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 3:10

I just had a look at Sue Nagels mohair on Ebay. The prices look like they have slowed down but still 2 days to go.
It will be interesting to see if she is still getting the very high prices....Pauline
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 4:35

Pauline when I bought on auction they stayed resonable till the end then bidding war. I know I paid too much for 1/2 oz but I really wanted it. Then I emailed her and she said she would sell direct to me at 75 oz. She usually starts auctions at 38 per 1/2 oz. So I did think it was better to buy direct. She said when the color I requested was ready she'd send an invoice. If not I'll prob go with Lara's supplier.
Hugs
Pris
Back to top Go down
Pauline
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 6:27

I have some mohair from Hideaway Homestead. Haven't used it yet but it certainly looks and feels very similar to Sue Nagels.
I can't remember what I paid but will check if I kept invoice. Has any one bought mohair from her?...Pauline
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 12:44

Personally, I like Delta Dawn and Slumberland way better than Susan's. I think she is overrated. JMPO.
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 13:39

Thank you Lara I was going with Slumberland, then heard of hers. Guess after I use this I'll try the other. Thanks
Pris
Did you see my ajax ?
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 18:36

I did email you back on that. Any dish soap is fine. Ajax has the best grease cutters, so I use it more often. It can help get off any factory residue from your kit before you baby wash it. :D
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 19:03

Thanks Lara I've been having email probs.
Hugs Pris
Hope your holiday was nice. :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: McPherson Crafts Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyThu 3 Dec 2009 - 6:32

Hi,

I just read through the posts about mohair.. I've tried a few different ones and now I use Slumberland and also McPherson Crafts - www.mcphersoncrafts.com, the mohair is really lovely (ultra premium), it is $25 canadian per 1/2 oz and on their website they have a 100% guarantee where they don't think you will find mohair better than theirs and they will even repay the shipping costs if you want to send it back. :)
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyThu 3 Dec 2009 - 18:20

I found them at http://www.macphersoncrafts.com/. Just needed one more letter in name.
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyThu 3 Dec 2009 - 20:37

ahhh whoops! Thanks Lyndie :)
Back to top Go down
trixyy2k
Toddler
Toddler
trixyy2k

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptySat 12 Dec 2009 - 1:31

I get NO waste with Slumberlands, I did have waste with Sue Negil? Not worth the big bucks I paid for it.

Marci
Back to top Go down
http://www.frillyfrillz.webs.com
gerry
Toddler
Toddler
gerry

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyMon 14 Dec 2009 - 12:08

Pauline, I've bought from JoAnne at Hideaway Homestead several times. I love her mohair and I think the last I bought was $45 an ounce. She will do custom colors as well. She's super to deal with and her hair is so soft and easy to work with!
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyThu 25 Feb 2010 - 13:10

I just hate the dry, frizzy kind. I just received my order from Slumberland's and it looks really good. I think I am using it on Li Hua. Guess we'll see how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair EmptyThu 25 Feb 2010 - 13:27

I used Slumberland on my Li-Hua. It worked great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair
Page 1 of 1