R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In court today

Go down 
+4
tracylh
joa44
bschrieber
CuteAsAPixie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

In court today Empty
PostSubject: In court today   In court today EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010 - 10:23

Please lift us up in prayer today. Our foster daughter that we are adopting will be testifying against her biological father for assault. She is only 10 years old and this will be a very hard day today. I am guessing she will be on the stand between 12 and 3 EST. Her name is Laken Sierra.... Hopefully it will be finished today. I am so glad I have you all to pray for us!
thankyou!
Back to top Go down
bschrieber
bschrieber

In court today Empty
PostSubject: prayers going up   In court today EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010 - 11:07

Lord we ask that you give Laken Sierra stength and peace in what she has to do today. Lord your word says that "You will turn to good all thing for those tht love the LORD" So we wait and trust that Laken can see the good in all this when it is done and as she is going through it. Also ask that you give her a special blessing as she endures this. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
Back to top Go down
joa44
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

In court today Empty
PostSubject: Re: In court today   In court today EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010 - 11:59

will be sending many many prayers,As a child I also had to testify against my father in a child abuse molestation........It was awful....It has been years but itis still there in my menoery bank,,,,Pleae be there for this child she needs love and understanding...........
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

In court today Empty
PostSubject: Postponed to tomorrow   In court today EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010 - 12:06

Thank you for your prayer support. I got ready to walk out of the door this morning and the D.A. had left a message on my cell last night that we are postponed to tomorrow ... grrrr

Please keep lifting her up.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
tracylh
Toddler
Toddler
tracylh

In court today Empty
PostSubject: Re: In court today   In court today EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010 - 12:56

I will be thinking of Laken and praying for her all day today. What a brave little girl, no child should have to go through something like this. God bless you for loving her and showing her how a family should be. Give her a great big hug from me. loveyou!
Back to top Go down
http://www.heavenstinyangels.com

In court today Empty
PostSubject: Re: In court today   In court today EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010 - 19:01

I hope it went well! Poor thing!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

In court today Empty
PostSubject: Re: In court today   In court today EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010 - 19:45

I will keep praying for her...how aweful to even have it postponed like that. I am sure she just wants to get it over with.....please let us know if she was able to get through it ok tomorrow. prayer
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

In court today Empty
PostSubject: POSTPONED UNTIL NEXT MONTH   In court today EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010 - 22:13

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. After everything else, the D.A. called this evening. They have postponed it until April 26th. There were 6 continuances before this.... I am SOOOO frustrated notfair

After all of that, my daughter in law had to have an emergency appendectomy. Everything went well. I left my son at the hospital to bring her home later. It has been a long day.
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

In court today Empty
PostSubject: Re: In court today   In court today EmptyWed 31 Mar 2010 - 20:17

Terri, I'm so sorry Laken has to go through all this! Keep us posted on the upcoming court date - she will be in my prayers for sure! I'm glad your daughter-in-law had her appendectomy before it ruptured, and that everything went well.
Back to top Go down

In court today Empty
PostSubject: Re: In court today   In court today EmptyWed 31 Mar 2010 - 23:26

Oh my what a rough day! Hope you all get a chance to relax and I hope your daughter law gets well quick!
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

In court today Empty
PostSubject: Re: In court today   In court today EmptyWed 28 Apr 2010 - 18:46

Just wanted to thank you all for your prayer support. Laken finally got her day in court yesterday. We got home after 9 p.m.. He was convicted of felony Attempted Cruelty to Juvenile. Sentencing will be next Wednesday..... She did really well until they showed her the photos of her body. Then his attorney argued that her bio father had never hit her, much less with the 2x4 they had in their possession and painted her as a liar. It was really hard to listen to. If someone was beating me, I would lie, too! He paraded a bunch of hoods who weren't even there at the time to testify that she was a liar. She had just turned 8 that month! It was a looooong day, but thank God it is over.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

In court today Empty
PostSubject: Re: In court today   In court today EmptyWed 28 Apr 2010 - 22:58

I am so glad that the ordeal is finally over for you all. My prayers will continually be with you and your daughter and she heals through all this. Praise God that she has you!!! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

In court today Empty
PostSubject: Re: In court today   In court today EmptyWed 28 Apr 2010 - 23:05

Thanks everyone. We still have the sentencing hearing next Wednesday and are now writing a victim impact statement. Hopefully now the healing can begin....
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

In court today Empty
PostSubject: Re: In court today   In court today EmptyMon 3 May 2010 - 22:57

I'll be praying for her when the sentencing is evaluated this Wednesday.

Also I'll be praying for strength and wisdom for you. God bless you for all that you are doing for children who need loving parents.
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

In court today Empty
PostSubject: Re: In court today   In court today EmptyTue 4 May 2010 - 8:55

Thanks, again everyone. Is is so awesome to have friends with common interests who also pray for and support you. You guys are the greatest! I know that God led me to this group! I feel like I have friends all over the US and the world. Thanks again and God bless!
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

In court today Empty
PostSubject: Re: In court today   In court today EmptyMon 10 May 2010 - 21:52

Update:
The sentencing hearing was last Wednesday and I thought he was going to get off completely on a technicality, but God worked it all out. He got 5 years probation with a lot of conditions.... (I think the jail is full)
My husband first read Laken's letter to the court. I helped her put it together and I still cried. Then my husband read our Victim impact statement. For the first time, Laken's bio father had to hear it straight up and from us. Dale laid it out on the line. We both expressed concern for the 3 children still in his care. The judge ordered OCS to open up a case on them. He got a month of community service, a $500. fine, court costs, he has to reimburse us for any out of pocket counseling for Laken and the judge ordered him to give the kids copies of their baby photos. That stingy person wouldn't even give the kids a baby picture of themselves. Now if he doesn't, he goes to jail for 5 years. He also has to go to anger management and parenting classes (again)! Now, we can try to put it behind us and look forward to the adoption on the 26th! Thank you all for your prayers....
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

In court today Empty
PostSubject: In court today   In court today EmptyWed 19 May 2010 - 22:17

I will pray even if it is late and I am just getting the notice request! I am so very sorry about her and hope the Lord will take it from here and you have my soul support with the matter. I pray for your daughter and your whole family who are dealing with the issue. notfair
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

In court today Empty
PostSubject: Re: In court today   In court today EmptyWed 19 May 2010 - 22:26

Thanks, Rebecca. The effects go on long after court is over.... Our adoption will be next Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In court today Empty
PostSubject: Re: In court today   In court today Empty

Back to top Go down

In court today
Page 1 of 1