R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello, I'm kinda new

Go down 
+6
MystFyt
ashtreemeadowbabies
babyblossom
bearysweethearts
Karen
shannon01
10 posters
AuthorMessage
shannon01
Toddler
Toddler
shannon01

Hello, I'm kinda new Empty
PostSubject: Hello, I'm kinda new   Hello, I'm kinda new EmptyMon 2 Jan 2012 - 14:28

Hi, my name is Shannon, I've been hanging out and reading posts for awhile, I followed Karen here after I found Serenity on ebay. I must say that Karen has been an inspiration to me. To have talent to create a doll that an adult can cuddle, dress and use to relieve stress is a blessing. I find joy in the times when I'm feeling down and have my baby to snuggle. I would like to be able to invoke that feeling in people too. :) It's almost like holding my own tiny babies in my arms again.

I have 2 sons(13-4) and a daughter(7). I like building dollhouses and working with wood, reading books, shopping with my mom, and spending late nights waiting for auctions to end on ebay.

I have a pomeranian that can bark nonstop for hours at squirrels and a pug that will eat anything.

I came across reborn babies this Christmas on ebay because my daughter got a berenguer doll she loved for her birthday and I was trying to find some more. But the Berenguer dolls I found looked even more realistic than the one she already had, which led to searches and a total fascination with this art.
I'm getting ready to start on my first doll soon. Hopefully all will go well.
Hugs to all of you sweet ladies,
Shannon
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm kinda new   Hello, I'm kinda new EmptyMon 2 Jan 2012 - 14:35

Hi Shannon! :real:

Its funny, but it just so happens that I have TWO pomeranians that also bark at the wind! I have a fascination with doll houses and miniatures of all kinds(no I don't have any). I did my practicing on a Berenguer(painted and repainted it like 20 times) before I got brave enough to paint a real kit. If I can help you at all in your reborning, just let me know!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm kinda new   Hello, I'm kinda new EmptyMon 2 Jan 2012 - 14:47

:real: Hi, and Welcome to REAL I know what you mean about Karen ,she is an inspiration to all of us here that knows her.She helps out a lot here on the forum. I love Dollhouses also I don't build but I do collect them lol I have 4 houses 2 are hudge I had them built .lots and lots or money goes into them. I also breed poodles and Yorkies which is my passion,so I know about the never ending barking. Welcome and glad you are here with us. Please ask questions anytime you need any help. bigsmile hugs, Kathy
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm kinda new   Hello, I'm kinda new EmptyMon 2 Jan 2012 - 18:59

That's great Shannon! You will love reborning your very own baby! Karen is a wealth of information and there are so many lovely, helpful, experienced ladies on the forum that could answer any question you may have so just ask away whenever you want bigsmile
Back to top Go down
ashtreemeadowbabies
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
ashtreemeadowbabies

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm kinda new   Hello, I'm kinda new EmptyMon 2 Jan 2012 - 19:55

:real: welcome
Back to top Go down
MystFyt
Toddler
Toddler
MystFyt

PostSubject: Welcome   Hello, I'm kinda new EmptyTue 3 Jan 2012 - 2:58

I have also found that i am interested in reborning dolls just came here through advice from my sister. Have only reborned a doll twice but am so excited to do again heehee
Back to top Go down
http://ladiebugnurseryreborns.webs.com/
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm kinda new   Hello, I'm kinda new EmptyTue 3 Jan 2012 - 3:12

welcome Hi Shannon, it is great to have you here! I made almost a whole Victorian doll house years ago and really enjoyed making the furniture. I also have another dollhouse that I bought in an antique store and love to move the furniture around, much easier than the real thing! I also learned on Berenguer babies, they have the most realistic sculpts. This is a great place to chat and learn! :real: bigsmile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm kinda new   Hello, I'm kinda new EmptyTue 3 Jan 2012 - 9:32

HI Shannon! welcome

Another Texan! where in texas are you? Im in the East texas area!
Back to top Go down
shannon01
Toddler
Toddler
shannon01

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm kinda new   Hello, I'm kinda new EmptyWed 4 Jan 2012 - 1:06

I'm in East Texas also! My parents live out towards Big Sandy , but I live in Longview now and have for several years. I miss living out in the country, although where I do live is not a big city by most standards I'm more used to a laid back neighborly way of life as opposed to the rush. lol
Back to top Go down
Michelle73
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm kinda new   Hello, I'm kinda new EmptyWed 4 Jan 2012 - 10:42

welcome :real: welcome Shannon and I am also in Texas! Good to have you here and can't wait to see your first reborn. You will become totally addicted as we all have here wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.roseecheeksrebornnursery.net
zaphy100
Toddler
Toddler
zaphy100

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm kinda new   Hello, I'm kinda new EmptyWed 4 Jan 2012 - 19:59

hello and welcome x
Back to top Go down
LittlePunkins
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
LittlePunkins

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm kinda new   Hello, I'm kinda new EmptyWed 4 Jan 2012 - 21:26

welcome :real:

Nice to have you join us!
Back to top Go down
http://littlepunkinsreborns.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I'm kinda new   Hello, I'm kinda new Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm kinda new
Page 1 of 1