R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE

Go down 
+3
passionatereborner
babyblossom
CuteAsAPixie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE   Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE EmptySat 24 Dec 2011 - 1:14

Dad was admitted to hospice 2 weeks ago. He has gall bladder cancer that has spread to his liver. He still has the blood clots and has fallen about 5 times in the last 2 weeks. (Refuses a walker) Mom was admitted to ICU on Easter evening. She had a tear in her esophagus. She has had 2 severe blood sugar drops to 36 in the last 24 hours. Yesterday morning they had to call EMS to take care of her. We now have home health for her, but I am not sure how much help they will be. My sister in law goes to MD Anderson on Monday. Her PT scan after the last scan was not good. My cousin starts chemo on Monday. She has colon cancer. We are surrounded by cancer and illness, but I know we are held by God! So much going on at one time.... I haven't forgotten you all... Just been really tied up!

My Dad had a blood clot got to his lungs this morning and my Mom rushed him to the hospital. They admitted him and are looking for where it came from. During testing today, they found 2 soft tissues masses in his lungs, which they will deal with after they resolve the blood clot. They couldn't tell us much. It just showed up while they were looking for the clot. My mother just got out of the hospital on the 8th of this month, after 10 days in the same hospital. Most of you know that she is in liver failure due to hepatitis C, which went into kidney failure. They had to put her on dialysis. She has not been driving due to her impaired brain function from the toxins building up in her blood. I really was wondering if Mom would survive until Christmas never thinking it might be Dad. I know God has this under control, but it still feels sad. Dad will not be out of the hospital for Christmas, so it will be hard for all of us. I hope you all have a very merry Christmas. Hug your families tight and tell them you love them!
Terri

Last edited by DollsRForMe on Sat 14 Apr 2012 - 11:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE   Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE EmptySat 24 Dec 2011 - 5:21

Terri I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope they can locate the clot and treat him so he can come home really soon

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Will be praying for you all prayer
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE   Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE EmptySat 24 Dec 2011 - 11:34

Thank you, Kym...
Terri
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE   Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE EmptySat 24 Dec 2011 - 12:42

I am sorry to hear about your dad, i will be praying for him!!
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE   Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE EmptySat 24 Dec 2011 - 19:28

I know I haven't met you yet, Terri ... but prayers are going out to you and your parents! Hopefully the Dr's can get everything taken care of ... so sad when these things happen at ALL but especially at the Holidays!! Hang in there ...
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE   Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE EmptySat 24 Dec 2011 - 22:58

Thank you, Sarah Beth and Linda... I hope you both have a very, merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Terri
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE   Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE EmptySun 25 Dec 2011 - 5:35

Terri, needless to say you are in my prayers,
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE   Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011 - 0:02

Thanks again everyone... They let Dad out of the hospital about 5 this evening, so that was a blessing to get him home! Now they are saying his gall bladder is calcified and they will be running tests on that, as well sometime in the next few weeks....
Hope you all had a merry Christmas and God bless,
Terri
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE   Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011 - 4:32

I will keep you all in my prayers. God has it all under control as you well know. The problem is he sometimes forgets to tell us!

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year
Joy
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE   Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011 - 11:24

Aw, Terri, sorry to hear about your dad....he is in my prayers! prayer
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE   Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011 - 17:36

Terri, I'm glad your Dad was home for Christmas and he will be in my prayers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE   Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE Empty

Back to top Go down

Dad admitted to hospital ** UPDATE
Page 1 of 1