R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fido is gone...

Go down 
+2
angelicbundles
Stephanie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stephanie
Toddler
Toddler
Stephanie

Fido is gone... Empty
PostSubject: Fido is gone...   Fido is gone... EmptyFri 5 Mar 2010 - 1:29

Fido is gone... 000_0010

This is a picture of Fido, our fish. We got Fido 3 years ago as a present to our now 9 yr old when our youngest daugther was born. He was about 3 inches long when we bought him, and grew to 16 inches. My husband taught him to wag his tail fin to get food, swim from one side of the tank to the other, and a couple of other tricks.

Fido has had a long history of anger management with others. If we put another fish in the tank with him, he always ate them. The cats loved to get on top of the tank and taunt Fido. He always rammed the side of the tank to get back at them.

On Sunday night, the cat got his paw in the tank and Fido jumped out of the tank and landed back in the tank going after Eeyore. I told my husband he was going to have to get a lock for the lid.

On Monday afternoon we came in and Fido was on the opposite side of the office, about 10 ft. from the tank. He had tried to attack the cat. Joe got him back in the tank and he was still alive. We think he was out of the water about 45 minutes. He did not make it through the night.

The next morning Joe got him out of the tank, wrapped him in a baby blanket, put some fish food in the box and buried him. My husband is torn up, and we have yet to tell our 9 yr old. She will not be back until this weekend and she is going to take it hard. So yall pray for me to be able to tell this to her, and to deal with my husband who is a basketcase. (Fido was always his favorite of the 5 animals we have.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.hypercowebsolutions.com
angelicbundles
angelicbundles

Fido is gone... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fido is gone...   Fido is gone... EmptyFri 5 Mar 2010 - 3:40

Awwww I'm so sorry! That is so sad!! Bless your heart, what an interesting fish. I know he will be missed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/angelicbundles
angelicbundles
angelicbundles

Fido is gone... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fido is gone...   Fido is gone... EmptyFri 5 Mar 2010 - 3:41

Awwww I'm so sorry! That is so sad!! Bless your heart, what an interesting fish. I know he will be missed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/angelicbundles
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

Fido is gone... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fido is gone...   Fido is gone... EmptyFri 5 Mar 2010 - 8:07

that is really sad - your fish will be sooo missed I bet, it's so amazing what antics it got up too! Hope your daughter will be ok
Back to top Go down

Fido is gone... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fido is gone...   Fido is gone... EmptyFri 5 Mar 2010 - 9:03

Aw Stephanie I'm sorry! Pets are so important and it is hard when we lose them! Fido sounds like he will really be missed!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Fido is gone... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fido is gone...   Fido is gone... EmptyFri 5 Mar 2010 - 9:41

I have ever heard of a fish story quite like that! What a amazing fish he was!!! I hope you have some video of some of his playfulness. Sorry for your loss...I do hope your daughter will take it well.
Back to top Go down
bschrieber
bschrieber

Fido is gone... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fido is gone...   Fido is gone... EmptyFri 5 Mar 2010 - 20:21

so sorry for your loss I know how hard it can be. God Bless
Back to top Go down
Stephanie
Toddler
Toddler
Stephanie

Fido is gone... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fido is gone...   Fido is gone... EmptyFri 5 Mar 2010 - 20:34

thankyou! Thanks guys, she is upset but asking if that means that we can get more than one fish in the tank. So I think she is going to make it through. Joe is doing better, he was bragging to my brothers today about what a bad (read awesome) fish Fido was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hypercowebsolutions.com
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

Fido is gone... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fido is gone...   Fido is gone... EmptyMon 3 May 2010 - 22:49

Wow what a great fish tale and I believe it! It even ends great with your daughter being optimistic about the number of fish in the tank. It isn't easy to grow fish and I've never heard of them being trained - but if whales and dolphins can do it, why not goldfish. I just assumed he was a goldfish - maybe not.

I read the whole post aloud to my husband, who is a great pet lover. He laughed and sympathized at all the right places.

We have cats, but we do not encourage them to go fishing - moles and mice are okay, maybe birds (not hummingbirds), but "No Fishing Allowed".

Rest in Peace Fido......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fido is gone... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fido is gone...   Fido is gone... Empty

Back to top Go down

Fido is gone...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: Non-Reborn Forums :: Pets, pets,pets!!!-
Jump to: