R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people? Empty
PostSubject: Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people?   Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people? EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:13

I'm trying to find a picture of my 'Entry' and they are all big kids or teens or adults and I was planning on making my entry younger. Say it's is my version of Jacqueline Kennedy as a baby (I don't think I've seen any pictures of her that young and I have several books about her). So how would I include a picture of her if I didn't have one.

Now mind you, I'm not doing her (but it is a really good idea). The truth is I'm wanting to do my own interpretation of a younger version of an image and there isn't a picture. So what do I do?

The question is about which picture, if any, to use. Do you just use the best illustration or picture that shows an image that you are using as inspiration? Or in the case of some one as famous as Mrs. Kennedy, do you just say that this is what I think she would looked like at six months?

Also - in the case of many of the fairy tales characters, there is the original creator - say Hans Christian Anderson, Brother's Grimm or Jimmy Gruelle (Raggedy Ann creator) version. (I know Anderson and Grimm were artists, but the books were illustrated) And there is the much later version by Golden Books, Disney, Madame Alexander or Mattel Toys. Which do you use? I lean toward the older ones, but those images are in my head and so far I haven't figured out how to get them in print. If I were so talented - could I just draw it out and scan it?

Also could you do your own sculpt in clay and submit that? I won't be doing that because I don't have time to learn how to sculpt and make one, but I did think about it.

I'm hoping that the answer is this is an artistic endeavor and it's about the costume and the whole image, as well as the ability to create a 'reborn doll' and we have artistic license to do what we wish and the judges have an artistic license to judge as they see fit. With seven of them we probably have a wide range of tastes.

I'm finding it really hard to put rules on art and for me that is a good thing. I tend to lean toward math and science.

I think in the end - I'm just going to create what I want to and not worry about it too much - yeah freedom.
Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people?   Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people? EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:31

Lyndie,
I like your idea of creating what you want and not worrying about it. This is supposed to be a fun contest and you are right, when it comes to art - there really are no rules. If the character that you are wanting to reborn and enter does not have any unique characteristics, such as what a well known actor/actress may have looked like at 6 months, then I may consider adding that information into your entry. Maybe consider text on your picture to inform the judges. Just a thought.
I sure am getting anxious to see all the babies these creative ladies have come up with. Still haven't started mine yet but I have the thought in my head of what I plan to do. Hopefully I will get it done in time.
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people?   Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people? EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:51

Hi Michelle,

I so still love my Fairy from you and I won't be making one for the contest, but I will be making Serena with Lara's class, soon.

Karen is so 'in love' with Angela (my name for Summer). It was kinda hard not to give her away, but I was able to stop myself (LOL).

Yep I'm just going with the artistic flow. But I'm having a hard time making a decision. This contest is making the creative genes go 'dreamy wild' In the end, I want a reborn I love and maybe the judges will agree - but that would be the cherry on the sundae.
Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: Re: Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people?   Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people? EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 21:13

I am so glad you love her, she was such a joy to make for you. I am working on a Serenity now and am having so much fun with her. Karen told me when we were talking before about how much she liked her. I had to explain that I was SO nervous having my baby go to your house after I found out all these ladies from the group were going there for the workshop. LOL
I beleive I have come up with the character I am going to make for the contest - just gotta find the time to get busy on it. I have been feeling kinda creative lately anyway and even decided the other day to try and make my own fairy wings. The first set I made was just with some stuff I had around here and not all the right materials. Now I have them and hoping that I can get it down right. Thinking if they turn out good I might even offer some for sale here on the board if anyone is interested for the fairy class. I would have posted some pictures of a little 10" baby I did just for fun as a fairy but before I had a chance to take any Mom took her up north with her. She has the face painting and the wings both. Maybe when she gets home from camping I can get some pics and post them.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people?   Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people? EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 0:02

Lyndie, we only asked for pictures of the character so we would all be able to recognize what you were going for. So, if you are doing Jackie Kennedy, you would submit a photo of her how we would all recognize her.

Yeah, I almost smuggled Angela into my bag but decided I'd rather be honest.

BTW, Lyndie, would you ask Steve if he can make a couple more rooting tools for me and bring them to the Alabama workshop? I've decided I want to share these with a few newer reborners I know and I simply don't want to give MINE up. I now prefer to use Steve's tool rather than all the others I have. thankyou!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people?   Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people? EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 10:07

Yes Karen I will bring some.

Just this morning he said he has to ask his friend about a person who has tool and die equipment. That is so he can set up his cuts to be more consistent and maybe go faster.

Back to top Go down
Lorrie
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people?   Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people? EmptyFri 9 Sep 2011 - 11:46

[quote="Karen"]Lyndie, we only asked for pictures of the character so we would all be able to recognize what you were going for. So, if you are doing Jackie Kennedy, you would submit a photo of her how we would all recognize her.

I agree. Submit a photo of the older version of your character.
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people?   Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people? EmptyMon 26 Sep 2011 - 13:10

Off topic, but what is Steve's tool? Can I see pics? Maybe can I buy one too? I've tried many tools and I prefer to use rubber bands wrapped around an uncut needle!

I'm not coming to the Alabama workshop. sad
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people?   Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people? EmptyMon 26 Sep 2011 - 13:13

Janie, I posted pictures of the tool in the Reborn Supplies section.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people?   Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are the contest entries babies or much bigger people?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: Contests :: Non-Class Contests!-
Jump to: