R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Painting and other reborning supplies

Go down 
+27
babesinbloom
debora jenkins
Lynknursery
Tinabloomfield
Karen
Orange_Grove_Nursery
rebecca
laur812
pmorris
janisn
Denisewh
RoseBlossomAngels
trixyy2k
hazel_may(Janie)
Pauline
joa44
BrooklynsGram
DianneM
jlingo
sharynlynn
peggys
gerry
PamelaG
Lyndies*Lovies
Second Star
beaurose
Lara
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
joa44
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Nov 2009 - 0:44

so is there anyone else besides me using using air dry paints????
I am trying ot get my palet together,,,,,,so i guess i will see how it goes.............i use the real effects paints, and i guess I will be mixing my own as we go............ affraid
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Nov 2009 - 10:49

joa44 wrote:
I am trying ot get my palet together,,,,,,so i guess i will see how it goes.............i use the real effects paints, and i guess I will be mixing my own as we go............ affraid

Sara (one of the moderators) is getting a pallet together for Jo Sonyas, as someone else from the class is using those. I'm sure she can help you. :D
Back to top Go down
joa44
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Nov 2009 - 11:02

cool........i will have to contact her..........thanks Lara...... :D

Joan
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Nov 2009 - 12:33

Hi I ordered the rest of my paints last night. BB only had red and pyrrole red#2 nothing was marked #7 is red really #7? Help please.
Hugs Pris :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Second Star
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Second Star

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Nov 2009 - 16:58

I just checked on BB and they have the pyrrole red #07 in the one ounce jar. They have it for 6.99. It is a very light shade of red almost to a pink shade. Perhaps you can add it on your order if you are quick!!!! Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Nov 2009 - 17:55

Thank you so much I also have to place an order with Sandi so I think I'll just add to hers.
Hugs
Pris :cheers:
Back to top Go down
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: so is there anyone else besides me using using air dry paints????   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2009 - 0:47

[i]I have the air dry paints, but have yet to use them and don't know if they are compatible with Genesis, so am wary to try them. Also, Roxan was so very sweet and kind to order the BB petite paints for me that I need. Thanks so much Roxan!!!

The air dry paints have some of the same colours, but they also have some other mediums and liquids that come with them that I haven't learned how to use yet, so I guess I will use them another time. I wanted a certain kit from that site, and it with the whole set of paints was a better deal, so I got them to try, and just haven't gotten to them yet. How do you like them, and have you used Genesis, and if so, how do you compare the 2 if you don't mind my asking? I know the reason behind why they were made and understand totally why, but wonder about the final quality of the reborn. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
joa44
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2009 - 9:07

I have never useed the genesis paints, My hubby has asthma and as i was resurching I read fumes and knew I couldnt use them so I went rite to the air dry........I like them but then i dont know anything to compair them to.......If you dont use enough of hte medium to extend the drying time it is really hard because they do dry to fast..........I have bought the real effects paints from germany, and I like them alot more,,,,,,the paint is a little different and it seems to make the layers look better,,,,,and seems to have more dept to them............
hope that helps........and also really thin layers,,,,,,,thin,,,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2009 - 11:53

BrooklynsGram wrote:
Thank you so much I also have to place an order with Sandi so I think I'll just add to hers.
Hugs
Pris :cheers:

I think you will use the red 07 a lot once you have it. It is great to add a touch to the nail bed color to lighten it a bit. It's good to use neutralizing vinyl that is too neutral when trying to match it to vinyl more pink. Comes in handy for many things....you can also use a touch to your lip color to add the sucky blister in the center upper lip. A little goes a long way. This jar WILL last you a lifetime of reborning. You'll never need to buy another. You can also make your own with your darker red, if you rather. A touch of white and a touch of flesh 08 will get you there, too.
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2009 - 12:42

Thank you Lara I am placing my order now with Sandi and she has all the tiny jars in a set, wish I had lookd first. Again thank you.
Hugs Pris :cheers:
How long is the class? I don't think I saw that anywhere.
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2009 - 1:40

I bought the LDC air dry paints a while back but have not tried them yet. I have gotten used to the Genesis and like them. I bought the air dry paints because I have asthma, and also 2 parrots, and birds are very sensative to fumes. So far the birds and I are fine as long as I crack the windows and run a fan. But our electric bill definately goes up when I'm baking babies, so that is also a consideration! :roll:

I'd like to work along on a second doll with the air dry paints, if anyone is going to post their pallate. I don't see too many babies on eBay that were painted with air drys - do buyers shy away from them?
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2009 - 9:23

hazel_may(Janie) wrote:
I bought the LDC air dry paints a while back but have not tried them yet. I have gotten used to the Genesis and like them. I bought the air dry paints because I have asthma, and also 2 parrots, and birds are very sensative to fumes. So far the birds and I are fine as long as I crack the windows and run a fan. But our electric bill definately goes up when I'm baking babies, so that is also a consideration! :roll:

I'd like to work along on a second doll with the air dry paints, if anyone is going to post their pallate. I don't see too many babies on eBay that were painted with air drys - do buyers shy away from them?

I don't really know too much about them. Sara can help you...one of the moderators, if youwant to contact her. I know she is working with Petra on the pallet for air dry paints. :D
Back to top Go down
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: ABOUT PAINTS   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Nov 2009 - 6:25

[i]I have a couple questions about different paints. First is for Lara.I was taking another look over the list of paints, at 4:08 a.m., can't sleep. and see I have pyrrole red 03 and 08 instead of 02 and 07, and was wondering if you could suggest a mix to make the right reds since I won't have time to get the 02 and 08. I also don't have the phthlo blue 02, but do have the ultramarine. Now the Red 07, is there a mixture to make it? I meant to ask this awhile back but too many things have been happening and I totally forgot. Also, when I go to buy these, are they used enough I should get the full ounce, or would a smaller jar do? So sorry for all the questions when I know how busy you are with your family, your customs AND writing the lessons!!! I don't need the answers right away, even this week, just when you get a chance in the future. I can't afford them until next week anyway. BB has thier own video on as the product of the day and I can't even get that, and I sure would like it, but them's the breaks, lol.

Now, about the air dry paints. I have the set, but haven't used them, but saw that someone here does and someone else is helping set up a pallette. What I want to know is, are they compatible with Genesis? Would they be of any bebefit in any part of reborning to use them in some parts? I am assuming someone who has used both Genesis and the air dry may know, but if not, no harm in asking. I also have some of Secrist petite paints that are apparently the same as Genesis,I have been researching them, so I suppose I could use them if I had a colour from them if I didn't have it otherwise.

Moved all day, stairs wore me out, and now I can't sleep, and have to do the other half tomorrow. Boy, am I going to be worn out tomorrow!!! This is what happens when I can't sleep, I start thinking and checking things and asking questions, and looking for more, lol.

Thanks for listening and any info anyone can give me whenever they can get around to it. I am in no hurry for answers.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Pauline
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Painting and other reborning supplies Magic eraser?   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 2:05

I have just purchased a Chux magic eraser from the supermarket. It says to dampen the block, then squeeze out excess water before use. Have I got the right one?...Thanks Pauline
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 2:19

I have a question about supplies. Ajax listed is it powder or liq? Really dumb but I've never washed a baby.
TIA
Hugs Pris
Back to top Go down
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: Air dry paints   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 2:57

[i]I am wondering if we are talking about the same paints when we say Air Dry Paints. I am talking about Paints bought from the other B&B site. I have seen LDC paints on yet another site, but never went any further with researching them. So I am assuming LDC is not the Air dry paints I am talking about that I got with the whole kit , including paints, brushes, doll kit, instructions, etc. Just trying to be sure we are on the same page.

Another long, long day of many, many, many stairs, and hopefully just 1 more HALF day to finish up tomorrow. I got some help with most of the big stuff, and some of the lighter stuff, but am doing most of the rest myself. Finally got all 5 cats and kittens down tonight, makes it feel more like my own. Also, just brought microwave down, and back is so sore. It will be worth it when I am done though.

Hurry up December!!! Allison(lol) is waiting soooooooo patiently, unlike me!!!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 12:53

There should be a link on this thread for a tut with the Jo Sonjas. That's what the gals are using for this class who are using the air dry.
http://forum.bountifulbaby.com/viewtopic.php?t=26998&highlight=sonjas
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 13:42

Lara Will it be a few days before we do eyes Thats what I forgot to order. So many boxes I knew I'd miss something. Sandi's really fast so I don't think it will take long.
Thanks
Pris
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 18:32

I do the eyes last, so it will be about 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009 - 19:00

Thank you so much for the speedy answer.
Hugs
Pris
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySat 28 Nov 2009 - 10:02

Pauline wrote:
I have just purchased a Chux magic eraser from the supermarket. It says to dampen the block, then squeeze out excess water before use. Have I got the right one?...Thanks Pauline

Yes, that is it. If you end up not needed it for the paperglaze, you will LOVE it to clean fingerprints off walls, light switches or baseboards. These things are AMAZING!!!!!
Back to top Go down
RoseBlossomAngels
Toddler
Toddler
RoseBlossomAngels

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySat 28 Nov 2009 - 12:36

BrooklynsGram wrote:
I have a question about supplies. Ajax listed is it powder or liq? Really dumb but I've never washed a baby.
TIA
Hugs Pris

Hi Pris,
You use the liquid Ajax to give the doll it's first bath. I use Dawn dish soap. Just so long as it's a grease cutting soap is really all you need.
Back to top Go down
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: .   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySat 28 Nov 2009 - 20:24

[i]I also use Dawn, and find it works very well, followed by Johnson's baby shampoo, then a full 24 hour air dry.
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Nov 2009 - 0:59

You all need to remember this is my first baby thats why the dumb questions. I didn't really think it was powder but thought I better ask. What size glass beads do you all use. Got my box from Hunnybuns and bag had 4 holes what a mess to pick up those tiny little things lol I think I bought 2 mm ? Not sure and another tinier. Hugs to all
Pris :rendeer:
Back to top Go down
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: RE:PAINTING AND OTHER REBORNING SUPPLIES   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Nov 2009 - 3:43

[i]I don't know what size to get, I just know that I got mine at the nearby sandblasting supply store at $32 and change for 50 lbs, but when they asked me what size I wanted, I didn't know so they showed me some samples and I just picked one. I should have picked bigger, lol, since these are so small they come through not only panythose, but socks, too!!! I bought a bunch of new pairs of kids socks at a Thrift Store for .50 a pair and had to doyble them so the glass beads won't come through. I am going to take some with me nest time I get some, and make sure I get the right size. Anyone know what size I should ask for? Sure would help! All sizes were the same price, so that part is good.Thanks!
Back to top Go down
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: RE:PAINTING AND OTHER REBORNING SUPPLIES   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Nov 2009 - 3:50

[i]Just saw I spelled double wrong in last post lol.

But what I forgot to put in last post, is that I got the magic eraser, and just noticed it is twice as strong as the original, so I guess I better not make any mistakes or go extra easy if I do. Really, I am just going to go buy another regular box of them, lol. Just like me to forget I'm using the stronger one, especially my first time using it on a reborn, and go way too far, so getting the regular to be on the safe side. Better to be safe than sorry. I really like this kit and am hoping, with Lara, and the other moderators, and the helpful students, too, that she will be my best baby yet. Getting so so so excited!!!
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Nov 2009 - 4:17

Thanks for the tip on supply store. These are all clean no dust etc. and rounded. Are the ones from supply same way?
Hugs
Pris :rendeer:
Back to top Go down
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: RE:PAINTING AND OTHER REBORNING SUPPLIES   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Nov 2009 - 4:26

[i]Someone on one of the forums I belong to told me about them well over a year ago, but as I said, I just forgot what size to get. They are great, except mine are so fine, I need to find out just what size to get so I don't have the seeping problem. I am sure there are many other reborners who also go to their sandblasting supply store too. Don't know who thought of it, but it sure works, and saves a lot of money. Hope someone posts the right size so we can both get it. Good luck with it. Once you get it, you won't have to wait for it in the mail anymore, and the shipping costs won't eat away your money.
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Nov 2009 - 13:48

Thank you Pam great idea I also saw it prev but don't rem where. Thanks Again
Pris
Back to top Go down
PamelaG
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
PamelaG

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Nov 2009 - 21:51

[i]No problem! You are very welcome! I love this art form with a passion, but know how expensive it can be, so when someone finds a way to save money, I feel it is only right to pass it on to fellow reborners. I never did any sort of art before reborning, so I had to start from scratch, learning about the brushes, paints, thinners, every little thing, and I am still learning. I hope to continue to learn until my last day on earth. I never experienced this feeling before, besides having my kids, that I do with reborning. It worked out at just the right time too, since I was an unhappy empty nester with a failing marriage, so now I have something to occupy myself that I really enjoy, as well as my siamese cats, Just need to find out what size glass beads to get, lol. Hope you find a supply store near you.
Back to top Go down
Denisewh
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Yellow samples   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Dec 2009 - 14:30

I could use the yellow sample sent with my kit if you still have it. All is welcome as I have to buy all the colors not premixed but wil be happy to learn mixing colors. Looking so forward to the class.

Denise
Back to top Go down
Denisewh
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Magic eraser   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Dec 2009 - 14:34

I am new to this forum and cannot figure out how to post a reply to something I read. I am wondering about the magic eraser. Is that what you get for household use at the grocery store?

Denise
Back to top Go down
RoseBlossomAngels
Toddler
Toddler
RoseBlossomAngels

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Dec 2009 - 15:18

Hi Denise.... to answer a post that someone has put up...go to the bottom of the page and click Post Reply. It should be in the lower left hand side of the page next to another button that says New Topic and they are both in red lettering. Then just type in whatever you want to say and click Send under the box.

To answer the question about the magic eraser....yes it is the same one that you find in the grocery store.
Back to top Go down
jlingo
Toddler
Toddler
jlingo

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Dec 2009 - 21:05

Talking about glass beads. I buy the "reflective" glass beads - 30-50 mesh. http://www.liquidreflector.com/Reflectiveglassbeads.html --- this is the website that I buy them from. For 20 lbs it is 23.95 plus 9.75 shipping/handling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mothersperfectbaby.com
janisn
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
janisn

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 Aug 2010 - 12:41

I have some of them colors but they are not premixed i dont think so will that make a difference? Also i dont have the blue and the green to do the veins will that also make a difference? I think it is a size 22mm eyes is that correct?
Janis
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 Aug 2010 - 14:37

janisn wrote:
I have some of them colors but they are not premixed i dont think so will that make a difference? Also i dont have the blue and the green to do the veins will that also make a difference? I think it is a size 22mm eyes is that correct?
Janis

What colors do you have to make veins? Yes, 22 mm eyes for Leah.
Back to top Go down
janisn
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
janisn

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 Aug 2010 - 15:16

Lara, I ahve the vein blue from BB. Thanks
Janis
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 Aug 2010 - 15:29

Oh, yeah, that's fine. yeseree
Back to top Go down
janisn
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
janisn

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 Aug 2010 - 15:49

Sorry but will my other paints that i have work to? For the premixed paints do you still add thinner to them? THanks. Sorry for all this but i really wanna do it right.
Janis
Back to top Go down
janisn
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
janisn

PostSubject: About Premixed Paints   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySat 7 Aug 2010 - 1:29

When using premixed paints do you still need to add thinner to it? Thanks
Janis
Back to top Go down
janisn
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
janisn

PostSubject: About some gel   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySat 7 Aug 2010 - 1:49

Sorry for so many questins but i am still kinda new to all this. What is the glazing gel? Is it just called glazing gel or is there another name for it? Thanks
Janis
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySat 7 Aug 2010 - 8:56

janisn wrote:
Sorry for so many questins but i am still kinda new to all this. What is the glazing gel? Is it just called glazing gel or is there another name for it? Thanks
Janis

Here is the link:
http://www.dollsbysandie.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=6513

It's to mix your paints for the nails and lips for a bit of ashine to them, so you don't have to use something after they are painted, if you prefer the subtle shine look. It is not really necessary,though, and you can mix with thinning medium, if you don't have this.
Back to top Go down
pmorris
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
pmorris

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies for AC class   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Aug 2010 - 18:19

Lara: I have been using the Authentic Reborn pre-mixed paints: Peaches/Cream or Strawberry, I also have samples of the Vintage Blossom. I am ordering the individual paints you have in the supply list, but cannot find the Pyrrole Red 07, do I have the colors needed as a pre-mix?Also I have one of the small porcelain palettes(7 wells), am I going to need a larger one? Thank you. Pam
Back to top Go down
http://www.storkslandingrebornnursery.com
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Aug 2010 - 20:48

pmorris wrote:
Lara: I have been using the Authentic Reborn pre-mixed paints: Peaches/Cream or Strawberry, I also have samples of the Vintage Blossom. I am ordering the individual paints you have in the supply list, but cannot find the Pyrrole Red 07, do I have the colors needed as a pre-mix?Also I have one of the small porcelain palettes(7 wells), am I going to need a larger one? Thank you. Pam

Sandie has the red 07...if you can't find it, let me know, and I'll send you a sample. It's a great color...sort of a salmon color...great for nail beds, too when mixed with the BB blush/nail/lip color.

The small pallett should be fine. I liket he bigger wells, not that I switched. I think I bought mine from Stephanie Sullivan.
Back to top Go down
laur812
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Oct 2010 - 16:09

OK - silly question here. I see in the supply list that it says Genesis yellow. I have a sample from Hunnybuns of yellow ochre. Will that work or should I buy the other one from BB? Also, I have a problem with asthma too, and a parrot in my doll room, so air dry paints are better for me as well as some of the other students. I see that Sara is going to do a pallette for the air dry paints. Will that list of colors be available anywhere? I use Jo Sonja's and may need to get different colors, depending on what Sara is using.

Thanks for the help!

Laurie
Back to top Go down
http://www.laurieslullabies.com
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Oct 2010 - 17:30

Lara wrote:
joa44 wrote:

Sara (one of the moderators) is getting a pallet together for Jo Sonyas, as someone else from the class is using those. I'm sure she can help you. :D

Oh, this was back in Novemeber of last year....Sara is no longer a moderator...that was Sara Hanson, and she is not with us any more. You may want to post in the cozy lounge and see if there is anyone using the air dry that can help you. I have not yet even attempted them, from but those that have switched to them, I hear they work great.
Genesis yellow is a brighter yellow. It does not have the brown in it that yellow orchre has, you can us ethe yellow orchre, though. It's just atouch that we use, so it should not effect that much.
Back to top Go down
laur812
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Oct 2010 - 21:03

Well geez Lara! I guess I should be paying more attention to the dates of the posts!! DUH! Well, I think it's a moot point anyway. I think I'm going to work with the GHSP with this and go along with you all the way. I have to order a couple more colors anyway, so will get the yellow ochre also.

Now - do you still have any Fussy babies left to sell? Or does Samantha? I tried to go to her website a few times today but it's not working for some reason. If I can't get a fussy, I have a pink BB baby that I just bought (Sydney) that has a fussy face. Would she work?

Or can you suggest a different kit that would be better if I can't get a Fussy?

Thanks again! Laurie (the pest!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.laurieslullabies.com
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Oct 2010 - 23:30

Samantha has them at $10 off if you use the code fussyangels at checkout. You can also us eth BB pink vinyl, but only Fussy kits are allowed in the contest at the end. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Oct 2010 - 14:07

I am getting up my list and getting it in order for my upcoming class! Placed my order with Sandie tonight so I will be ready. happyhappy

Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 Charer002
Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 2011logoready
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2011 - 21:05

Lara wrote:
This is a list of the basic products that will be used in each class. Specific paints needed will be posted in that class forum.

Kit, body, belly plate, eyes, eye lashes

Ceramic palette

Genesis Heat Set paints Flesh 06,07,08,Bountiful baby premix colors- (Warm blush, Lip nail and blush, Earth mint, Eyelid purple;also brow colors brow brown, ethnic brow or blonde depending on what color hair you want your baby to have)genesis pyrrole red #02& 07 ,phthalo blue #02, genesis yellow,dioxazine purple #04,phthalo green #06. Odorless paint thinner, thinning medium, thick medium, matte varnish, glazing gel

Cosmetic sponges, sea sponge, household sponge, Q-tips, magic eraser(to take off any Paper glaze if you drip by accident)

Brush Set could have either a 3/8 inch Maxine's mop , or a1/2 inch Maxine's mop -- great for blushing and adding details such as stork bites;

* Size 1 liner brush (the specific brand may vary)-- perfect for large veining;

* Size 2 filbert --for lips and nails; or a shader paint brush

* and a tiny 20/0 liner --perfect for finedetail such as painting tiny capillaries.

Large Maxine's Mop or fan brush for blending

Glass Beads,Polyfill, cable ties, knee high nylons

Glues-E6000, Aleens quick dry or regular tacky glue, Aleens paper glaze

Rooting tool, felting needles 40, 42 or 43G(I use 43 g German needles. Please use what you feel comfortable with. Beginners may not be ready for German needles, as they are a bit tricky), mohair- I use Delta Dawn or Slumberland. Don't skimp on mohair. Buy the best! It makes all the difference!

Magnets, hair bows, pacifier, stiff cardboard (to seal the openings in legs and arms), silicone sealer,printed fabric swatch(to cover magnet on pacifier), purple felt(to back the nose. You can also use dark brown or very dark wine color. I do not recommend black.)

Tools: 8 " heavy duty cutter for cutting needles(unless you buy yours precut), needle nose pliers or hemostats,side cutters(for cutting cable ties)exacto knife, small 1/8 " drill bit, file set, tweezers,styling comb with razor for thinning hair, hair sheers, spray hair conditioner

Is this still up to date as far as what we'll need for classes/recommended tools & supplies to have on hand?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Painting and other reborning supplies
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next