R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just joined today :)

Go down 
+9
darflynn
handy denise
bschrieber
Lynknursery
Lara
pmorris
Poppy
Karen
BasketBabies
13 posters
AuthorMessage
BasketBabies
Toddler
Toddler
BasketBabies

Just joined today :) Empty
PostSubject: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010 - 20:22

Hi everyone! My name is Carmen McNair and I just joined today.

When I saw my first reborn baby many years ago, I fell immediately in love with these little "babies" and decided that some day I would learn how to make them. I made porcelain dolls for many years so I figured that it couldn't be that different. Boy, was I ever wrong! Granted, my experience helped make some things easier (like painting eyebrows!) but there is so much more depth to painting a reborn. For my birthday, my husband and children got together and sent me to my first class in September 2010. Over one weekend I made my first reborn and she was beautiful! The people at the airport thought she was real - I was such the proud Momma! Because of that wonderful weekend, I am hooked and cannot get enough. Today, I signed up for the Teddy class as well as the Middle Eastern/Indian class and am so excited! I am so looking forward to learning from so many wonderful and talented artists. Thank you for allowing me that privilege.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourspecialplace.net/basketbabies
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010 - 20:26

welcome Carmen! You will find a lot of information here. Hope you will share pictures of your little one, too! Who was the instructor of the class, if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010 - 20:41

Welcome to the forum! You are going to love those classes, how exciting! I would love to see a picture of your baby too wave
Back to top Go down
pmorris
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
pmorris

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010 - 20:48

welcome Carmen, You will meet many wonderful friends here. There is a lot of knowledge and support. We are glad you have joined us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.storkslandingrebornnursery.com
BasketBabies
Toddler
Toddler
BasketBabies

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010 - 21:00

Thank you all for the kind welcome!

Karen... The class was held at the home of Peggy Scearce, just outside of Seattle, Wash., but was taught by Dianne Johnson of Delicate Dreams Nursery (from the UK). It was wonderful! There were 6 students plus Dianne, Peggy, and Donna Wells (another reborn artist from the UK) there to help and answer questions and guide us through the process.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010 - 21:51

That's terrific!! Peggy is a member here, too! Just love her!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010 - 21:57

Welcome! welcome You will love it here...we have a great family and we all support and help each other. Peggy is awesome! Are you near Washington? I will be in CA in June for a workshop, and then a few of us are heading to Lyndie's 9a member here) in TN in August for a 3 day workshop/class.
Take your time to look around the forum and get to see where everything is. The lessons for classes will be posted right above the contest section once they start, but there will be info about supplies and things before the lessons go live.
If you have any questions, just let us know!! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010 - 22:24

Just joined today :) BlinkieDivingDolphin
Back to top Go down
http://lynkproducts.com.au
BasketBabies
Toddler
Toddler
BasketBabies

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptySat 1 Jan 2011 - 0:48

Hi Lara -

No... I live just west of Fort Worth, TX. My husband and I flew out to Washington for the class. He went sightseeing while I was in class - it was a great arrangement. We both did what interested us most!

As a matter of fact, I am going to CA in June also for the IRDA Conference. Is that where you are going also? Are you teaching a workshop or taking one? It would be awesome to meet you in person and maybe even take your workshop (if you are teaching one... I hope!)

Carmen M.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptySat 1 Jan 2011 - 1:14

Yes, I believe that's the one and she is teaching a workshop.

According to the IRDA schedule:
Saturday Schedule:
9 am to 5 pm: Intermediate Reborning Techniques - L. Antonucci

That's our Lara :)
Back to top Go down
bschrieber
bschrieber

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptySat 1 Jan 2011 - 2:49

Welcome you will love it here. You will find the most wonderful ladies here and so much useful informations. God Bless
Back to top Go down
handy denise
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
handy denise

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptySat 1 Jan 2011 - 11:36

welcome welcome welcome wave glad to have you join us and hope to get to know you better!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/handdcreations/
darflynn
Toddler
Toddler
darflynn

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptySat 1 Jan 2011 - 22:07

Hi Carmen!

Welcome you will find alot of help here, the classes on line are great! Lots of wonderful ladies!

welcome
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptySat 1 Jan 2011 - 22:14

Yup, I am teaching...I bought 15 Teddy kits, so the cost of the kit is included in the class. Can't wait to meet you!!!! Do you know when you are going in? Thursday night?
Back to top Go down
BasketBabies
Toddler
Toddler
BasketBabies

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptySun 2 Jan 2011 - 1:21

Hi Lara -

We will probably be getting in sometime mid-Thursday afternoon. Fortunately, we used to live in the San Francisco Bay area so we are somewhat familiar with the roads and how to get around.

Is the IRDA workshop also going to use the Teddy sculpt or are you talking about the Just Born online class? I noticed that your workshop is an intermediate reborning techniques class... do you think it would be alright for me to take that? I saw the schedule of classes but I did not see fees... do you know how much they classes are going to cost?

Carmen M.
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptySun 2 Jan 2011 - 2:30

welcome Carmen, you will just love everyone here, Lara and all the ladies here are so sweet and very talented!! loveyou! hugs, Kathy
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptySun 2 Jan 2011 - 11:03

She didn't set up the fees yet...it depends on what all is included in the class. I would like for mine to include everything, so you just sit down and can get started. With the kit, it would be $175 for my class, I think. I am going to bring along the belly plates, but they won't be included. If you want a belly for your baby, you can buy one separately. I will be using Teddi by Marita Winters. It has has not released yet. He is a LE sculpt and I'm sure well sold out by then, so everyone should be happy with that sculpt. He is very sweet!
At first Stephanie wanted me to do ethnic painting, and I said there wasn't time to do a deep AA, so I am not sure exactly what the class will be. I am comfortable with teaching the intermediate reborning techniques or the ethnic tones. It will be similar to the Just Born class, I'd imagine, but with not so much detail. We only have 1 day from 9-5, so it won't have quite the detailing in undertones and such.
I need to talk with Stephanie and get a few more details on exactly what she wants me to teach.

I lived in San Fran myself...actually in Walnut Creek! Maybe you can help me find my old house. It was on San Jose Ct. I think it's only like 10 minutes from the hotel. We moved to Chicago when I was 8, but I have lots of memories of Walnut Creek, and the Walnut Festival each year...I hear they still do that!!
Back to top Go down
Leticia
Toddler
Toddler
Leticia

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptySun 2 Jan 2011 - 14:02

Welcome to the group.

Hugs, Leticia
Back to top Go down
Http://www.arrorro-reborn.com
BasketBabies
Toddler
Toddler
BasketBabies

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptySun 2 Jan 2011 - 19:32

Lara wrote:
She didn't set up the fees yet...it depends on what all is included in the class. I would like for mine to include everything, so you just sit down and can get started. With the kit, it would be $175 for my class, I think. I am going to bring along the belly plates, but they won't be included. If you want a belly for your baby, you can buy one separately. I will be using Teddi by Marita Winters. It has has not released yet. He is a LE sculpt and I'm sure well sold out by then, so everyone should be happy with that sculpt. He is very sweet!
It will be similar to the Just Born class, I'd imagine, but with not so much detail. We only have 1 day from 9-5, so it won't have quite the detailing in undertones and such.

I lived in San Fran myself...actually in Walnut Creek! Maybe you can help me find my old house. It was on San Jose Ct. I think it's only like 10 minutes from the hotel. We moved to Chicago when I was 8, but I have lots of memories of Walnut Creek, and the Walnut Festival each year...I hear they still do that!!

No wonder I was confused... so many "Teddy/Teddi" babies! yeseree Do you think it would be okay for me to take this class also? I am a fast learner and although I have been reborning for just a short time, I think my experience with porcelain doll making has helped me to catch on quickly.

Too funny! We lived in the Newark/Fremont area for 5 years and then in San Jose for 7 years prior to our move to Texas. I am planning on bringing our GPS and will have a rental car, so we can find just about anything. dancingbaby
Back to top Go down
Pam in Florida
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Pam in Florida

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptySun 2 Jan 2011 - 22:08

Hi Carmen welcome You will meet so many wonderful people here!!! You will just love it... happyforyou!
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptySun 2 Jan 2011 - 23:01

welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome Carmen wave
good you are with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Just joined today :) 2011logoready
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) EmptyMon 3 Jan 2011 - 10:14

Yeah, I keep getting the spelling of the Teddy/Teddi kits wrong. I am using the Winters Teddi in CA and the Stoete Teddy for Just Born here online.
Both classes will be great and a little different from each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just joined today :)   Just joined today :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Just joined today :)
Page 1 of 1