R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Please pray for my dad

Go down 
+7
joa44
darflynn
Poppy
Bevy
Karen
handy denise
Lara
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Please pray for my dad Empty
PostSubject: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyThu 16 Dec 2010 - 10:03

As many of you may know, my dad has had his share of medical issues. He has battled alcoholism all his life, and the past 2 years, he has had 2 strokes. The last one has left him unable to really care for himself. He and his wife live on a third floor apartment, and he doesn't get out much. I was able to get a service to come in once a week and do some light cleaning for him and help with errands, if they need it. Well, last week, he found out he has cancer. He is not doing anything before Christmas, but after the new year will decide on radiation or surgery...maybe both I don't know.I am not sure what else I can do for him. Financially, I help him as much as I can. I know that prostate cancer is not neccessarily a death sentence and is treatable if caught early, but I am obviously concerned that his other medical problems will make his body less agreeable to treatment. Anyway, prayers for him, Bill and his wife ,Christine, would be greatly appreciated. I am the only family he has in Pittsburgh, so he calls me almost daily and needs me to help him as much as I can. So, I suppose prayer for me for strength, for patience, and for Godly direction would be most appreciated.
Back to top Go down
handy denise
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
handy denise

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyThu 16 Dec 2010 - 11:08

AuH Lara I am truly sorry you have such bad news, especially close to Christmas. loveyou! My prayer go out to you and to your family. Hope other family members also pitch in to help!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/handdcreations/
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyThu 16 Dec 2010 - 11:48

There are no other family members.....just me. My half brother abandoned him long ago. Unfortunately, due to my dads alcoholism,he has hurt so many, he has lost touch with the few family he has left. He even hit me once when he was very drunk....my brother was not as forgiving as I was about that. I am the only family nearby...my brother in in New Mexico. He probably won't even come to Pgh to see him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyThu 16 Dec 2010 - 11:59

Oh Lara, i am so sorry to hear this. I know its hard. I will pray for him and for you as well!
I wish I could do more to help you, but know my prayers are with you all!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyThu 16 Dec 2010 - 15:33

Lara, I will pray for strength and patience for you. I will pray that your father places his heart and life with God. I will pray for your brother that he can find forgiveness in his heart before its too late. God Bless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Bevy
Toddler
Toddler
Bevy

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyThu 16 Dec 2010 - 15:52

You are in my prayers !!!
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyThu 16 Dec 2010 - 16:17

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad Lara. You are doing all you can for him and being such a loving daughter. I will pray for you all loveyou!
Back to top Go down
darflynn
Toddler
Toddler
darflynn

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyThu 16 Dec 2010 - 17:55

Lara,

So sorry to hear all of this, sending you and your Dad lots of prayers! He is very lucky to have you as a daughter!

hugs, darla Please pray for my dad 571152
Back to top Go down
joa44
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyThu 16 Dec 2010 - 23:28

P rayers are sent you way for your dad and for you and your family,It is a heavy burden to say the liest,,,
My husband and I are the sole caretakers for his parents.The rest of his siblings dumped on us......
and they have never liked me......now they say they do.lol

Prayers for you and your dad.....May the lord take you in his arms and help with any burdens and decisions that will come your way,,,,,,,bless your heart Lara........ prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer
Back to top Go down
kathys korner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
kathys korner

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyThu 16 Dec 2010 - 23:57

Oh, that is too bad to have to have that kind of news just before Christmas notfair ...sending prayerprayerprayer for you, your Dad and all family for compassion, strength, patience, and healing. loveyou!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/kathyskornernursery
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyFri 17 Dec 2010 - 0:01

prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer Winging there way to you right now .. sherrie
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com
pmorris
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
pmorris

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyFri 17 Dec 2010 - 2:07

Lara, I understand what you are going through. It seems like anymore we are taking care of our parents in their elderly years. My parents have lived with us for about 11 years. This past year has been really hard on them (they are 85 and 89). I will pray for your Dad. It is true that prostate cancer takes many years for it to takes it toll, but his other health will have the biggest impact on his overall well being. God Bless prayer prayer prayer
Back to top Go down
http://www.storkslandingrebornnursery.com
beverly
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyFri 17 Dec 2010 - 19:15

So sorry that you are going through this, Lara. Keeping you and your father in my thoughts and prayers.

Big hugs,
loveyou!
Beverly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad Empty

Back to top Go down

Please pray for my dad
Page 1 of 1