R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's everybuddy doing?

Go down 
+6
Jenny In NH
Tiffeny
threads
SharonR
cherielynn09
pia46
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

What's everybuddy doing? Empty
PostSubject: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018 - 12:41

Hi everyone!!

I have been away from the forum so much with my mother in law, She is coming along, though still in a lot of pain.  She said if her
"other shoulder" should start to hurt, she will LIVE with it, as she will not go though this again!!  
I had no idea what a complete shoulder replacement was really all about - it looks bionic!!   affraid

What's everybuddy doing? Should10

On another note, I have only reborned two kits this year!!  One was quite an undertaking for me, I donated a reborn
for a fund raiser for people with Albanism.  I am sure most of you know about this condition, although i personally had
never met anyone. I had seen actors on tv, thats it!   I worked closely with people of the Albanism community, so that
it would be as realistic as possible.  I had to do soooooooooooooooooooooo many washes to get the skin so light! I let them choose
the eyes, which appear sooooooooo light that you can see blood vessels - which make the eye look a little bit pink in some
areas, mostly the cornea.  Most people with Albanism have problems with their eyes, and many have some form of difficulty
or blindness as adults. I learned so much while making this reborn! (I also found that rooting this very white hair, was so difficult for my
old eyes. I started to see "spots" from trying to see the strands - lol )  

Although I am sure it wasnt perfect, they loved it! happyhappy

What's everybuddy doing? My_alb12

Im hoping to complete another reborn by May 2019 (LOL, im so slow) as I am donating it for a fund raiser for people with developmental
disabilities (like my son).  Will let you know how that goes!!

dancingbaby dancingbaby dancingbaby
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyFri 28 Sep 2018 - 1:45

She is adorable.. Blonde hair, although hard to see to root, is also the most forgiving as far as “plugs” showing!
Back to top Go down
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyFri 28 Sep 2018 - 7:49

Jenni...she is beautiful.....you did amazing on that blonde hair...and Pia is right...hard to root...but very forgiving bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 23:37

Thanks Pia and Cherie!!!!
happyhappy  happyhappy
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyMon 1 Oct 2018 - 5:35

Jenny, that baby is so adorable! You did an amazing job!!

As to what I've been doing ... seems like I'm stuck on an amusement ride ... just can't decide if it's a roller coaster, or a merry-go-round that's out of control.

Did back to back trips with our RV this summer. First one to Oregon to play on the dunes ... came home from that on July 8th and left for Utah and the ROSE show on July 11th. Both hubby and I questioned our sanity and if perhaps we're getting too old to do this trailer thing anymore. I think it was just the back to back ... 2 days in between ... that did us in.

Came home from Utah in time to start the purge. We had to empty out our garage and then put up drywall and insulate it so our daughter, son inlaw, and both grand daughters could move in when their house sold. We got the phone call about their house and our daughter's opening statement/question was ... "Are you sitting down?" With that start Howard and I both knew it had to do with the house. And right we were ... it sold, the first day on the market. What we had to sit down for was that the buyer wanted a 14 day escrow.

affraid affraid affraid

They countered with a 7 day escrow but buyer had to agree to rent back to them for a month so they could get packed and moved. So the last week of August we became a blended, generational household. They are using their trailer as a bedroom and our garage as a living room/closet/tv room. So far it's working better than we all thought ... but sure does make for crazy times.

Most days I lack focus because there are still about 15 things I need to finish but it's hard to stay on track when I'm so easily distracted!
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyMon 1 Oct 2018 - 23:10

Oh Sharon! I know you didn’t intend to have your post seem funny, but I am smiling after reading it! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyTue 2 Oct 2018 - 3:53

That's okay Pia ... laughing is about the only thing that's helping provide balance.

The struggle for me is that I'm a pack rat and had all my spaces filled and knew where everything was. All of a sudden I have to figure out how to get rid of about 27 yrs of living in one place accumulation of stuff.  I'm married to someone who thinks if you don't need it today ... take it to the dump. That's his answer for everything. I have a daughter who assures me I'll feel so much relief when all the clutter is gone and I just roll my eyes like a 12 yr old who thinks she knows best because I can't see far enough into the future to belief all that ... at least not right now. hahaha

I spend most days still sorting through and trying to decide what to do with stuff and honestly ... after about 3 hours of doing that my head hurts from trying to figure out what to keep and what to let go of. That's why I've had a pretty low profile here and on FB lately ... I'm pretty emotional and frustrated and tired and crabby so I try to avoid doing what I'm doing now ... letting it all out and whining! lol

On a brighter note ... my almost 7 yr old grand daughter came to me this summer after the ROSE show and wants to make her own baby. So finally about 3 wks ago I went through my stash and pulled out a few kits for her to pick from to make a baby. Imagine my dumbfounded look when none of those babies would work. When I asked her what she wanted to do, she said (like I'd know what she's talking about hahahaha) that she wanted to do one like Amethyst, the cartoon character. She ran off to get her Ipad so she could show me what she's looking for.

This is the character she wants to re-create.  affraid  
What's everybuddy doing? Steven_amethyst_174x252

So, this is what I ordered for her ...
What's everybuddy doing? D319N
And I'm happy to say she is a nice deep shade of purple now ... just waiting for her white hair to arrive so I can watch the youtube how to on making a wig for this creature. lol So much for thinking inside the box ... I should always remember that Nikki finds it impossible to think anywhere but outside the box!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyWed 3 Oct 2018 - 11:42

Wow Sharon!! affraid

You sure have been busy!!!

I dont know how you manage some times!!! So much going on!!! coffee?

Glad to hear that things are all working out!!! You are a loving supportive Mom, i can tell that!!!

I am finally back to reborning as of this morning!!! Starting to root a baby that i painted *cough* 3 YEARS ago!! hahahaha lol
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyWed 3 Oct 2018 - 23:37

Cant wait to see your purple baby when its finished Sharon!!! Please show pictures !!!!

thankyou! thankyou! thankyou! thankyou! thankyou! thankyou! thankyou!
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyThu 4 Oct 2018 - 23:57

Jenny, I'm so happy to hear you're back to reborning! I'm discovering that dolls are my happy place and to have balance in my life I need to sometimes ... force myself ... to make time for that, even when the chaos is reigning all around me!

I will for sure post pictures of the finished Amethyst. Should be quite the departure from my typical baby making. lol
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyFri 5 Oct 2018 - 3:58

Good Morning ladies, how lovely to see you on here, I kept looking but no one about.

Jenny, a friend of mine had a new shoulder 7 years ago, she has not been able to use her arm very well since, she can't knit, drive, hold her grandbabies, they then decided they had put a mans shoulder size join in and did another op with another joint, as this is just as bad, she was very down for a couple of years, but had now managed to accept that her arm is more or less useless. The experts she paid a lot of money for are not sure what to do next !! I told her she should have used National Health it would at least have been free. Both my shoulders are bad but I will NEVER have them repaired or replaced, I just take pain tablets and stop doing craft work for a few days. I reborn on a Monday if my friend Sandy comes over, if not then I leave it until she does, have not completed many babies this year I might add lol.

Love love love your blonde baby, I am a blonde person myself so much prefer them but they are a pain to root. I have purchased the 3d painting kit in blonde and when I get round to reborning Noah I intend to use her head to start to paint.

Sharon can't wait to see your Purple one. Your life is so full at the moment so pleased that reborning gives you some relief from the stress and strains of your hectic life, I too hate sorting out things, I do throw some stuff away but know I need to get rid of a load more. My husband found 8 large plastic boxes of yarn in the loft, he bought them down and I bagged them into black sacks, 50 balls each bag and sold them on FB for £50 a bag, I sold 8 and of course when I get asked to do a bit of knitting ( like now ) I have to buy the yarn, lol, I only kept the crochet cotton, stupid me.

Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Tiffeny
Toddler
Toddler
Tiffeny

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyFri 5 Oct 2018 - 6:17

Jenny, I used to have an albino teacher. Believe it or not he taught physics and computers. And as you stated they usually have some sort of eye issues. My teacher had a very very hard time seeing and would get extremely close to the computer screens.
Your baby is amazing!!

Sharon what size berenguer doll is that? I ask because I have several outfits that I crocheted for the 8” ones.
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyFri 5 Oct 2018 - 13:13

Maxina, that's my fear of getting rid of the surplus of fabric I have ... lol ... knowing that a week later I'll need one of the pieces I let go. The problem is I know exactly why I bought the fabric and how to use it ... I figured I just need to live to be about 125 to use it all. That's assuming I never enter another fabric store the rest of my life.
lol lol lol

Tiffeny, it's a 14" doll. And I have already been instructed by my grand daughter how she's supposed to be dressed. This little girl is a force to be reckoned with ... once she has the "picture" in her head there's nothing that alters that idea. Makes me wonder what she'll be like at 15. lol
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 22:44

Tiffeny wrote:
Jenny, I used to have an albino teacher.  Believe it or not he taught physics and computers.  And as you stated they usually have some sort of eye issues. My teacher had a very very hard time seeing and would get extremely close to the computer screens.
Your baby is amazing!!

Sharon what size berenguer doll is that?  I ask because I have several outfits that I crocheted for the 8” ones.

Thanks Tiffeny (a little late, lol) missed your comments!! thankyou!
Back to top Go down
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyThu 18 Oct 2018 - 7:25

hi ladies!!

We re on vacation right now...just saw this post...Sharon...in my household...those roles are reversed...I throw everything away and my husband is the pack rat lol

I think it would be daunting though to be going through 27 years of memories and accumulated treasures and trying to sort out what to keep.....monumental sad

But surely once you get into it....the process will be cathartic and you will enjoy revisiting old times through your process!!

How is the purple baby coming along? I bet she will be adorable!!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 16:28

SharonR wrote:
Jenny, I'm so happy to hear you're back to reborning! I'm discovering that dolls are my happy place and to have balance in my life I need to sometimes ... force myself ... to make time for that, even when the chaos is reigning all around me!

I will for sure post pictures of the finished Amethyst. Should be quite the departure from my typical baby making. lol

How is baby Amethyst coming along?  So excited to see her!!   whoohoo

My next donated baby for kids with special needs fundraiser is going to be "Cozy" which i painted years ago, but never finished, as
i always got excited about another new kit that came out!! LOL  The poor thing still needs eyebrows, lashes and hair rooting!! Cozy
was my first attempt at hair painting (and my last lol), so i am definitely going to root over that, i guess it would be considered a combi head when
I am finished!!! hehehe wish me luck!  I think my painting has improved since then, but i still love  my Cozy and need to empty my
stash!!!   happyhappy

What's everybuddy doing? My_coz10

Will take some proper pics when i am finished... (prolly two months from now)   lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

I dont have to have it ready until April 2019!!

Last edited by Jenny In NH on Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 18:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyTue 23 Oct 2018 - 4:06

Cosy is a cute kit. I too need to get painting again as have a large stash of kits and two more on order lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyWed 24 Oct 2018 - 18:57

threads wrote:
Cosy is a cute kit.  I too need to get painting again as have a large stash of kits and two more on order lol

lol Maxina!!! (whispers, so do I....... ) lol lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Babies
Toddler
Toddler
Babies

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 3:57

I love both of your babies Jenny, you are very talented!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.amarantinebabies.com
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 16:13

That's an adorable baby, Jenny! How is Cozy coming along?
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 16:41

threads wrote:

Love love love your blonde baby, I am a blonde person myself so much prefer them but they are a pain to root.  I have purchased the 3d painting kit in blonde and when I get round to reborning Noah I intend to use her head to start to paint.

aww thanks so much Maxina!! (I missed this post sorry im so late answering!! I only saw the 2nd one only lol)

p.s.  im with you, i will not get my shoulders replaced either!!! My mother in law said if the other shoulder needs replacing she is going to say no!!!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 16:43

SweetLittleCherryBlooms wrote:
That's an adorable baby, Jenny! How is Cozy coming along?

ummm ahhhmmmm......... im still trying to decide on the hair color!!!!! lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 16:44

Babies wrote:

awwww thanks Lisa!!

I think you have become a pretty amazing artist yourself!!! You have completed more reborns than i have.. hehehehe

lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Babies
Toddler
Toddler
Babies

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 4:43

Jenny In NH wrote:
Babies wrote:

awwww thanks Lisa!!

I think you have become a pretty amazing artist yourself!!! You have completed more reborns than i have.. hehehehe

lol lol lol lol

Thank you Jenny!!!  You've been painting longer than I have though, your work is seriously awesome!  worthy
Back to top Go down
http://www.amarantinebabies.com
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 10:29

WOW!! I couldn't imagine having a shoulder replaced!  It was tough enough having a tumor, bone spurs & ripped rotator cuff surgery!!  I have 70% use of my shoulder, it never healed all the way but praise the Lord I can still reborn bigsmile

I love your baby, I have a friend whose sister is Albino and she has to wear sunglasses because of the light hurting her eyes.  You were spot on with the hair, skin tone and eyes angelsmiley

WOW!! Sharon what a busy little bee you are What's everybuddy doing? 2894412r6esd4gsdr that's alot going on!! What a trooper!!

I went to the KS Doll Show and was so busy enjoying everything, I forgot to take picture oho    I am getting ready for retirement in July so that's a big step in life for me!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptySun 18 Nov 2018 - 11:07

jo_lil_sugars wrote:
WOW!! I couldn't imagine having a shoulder replaced!  It was tough enough having a tumor, bone spurs & ripped rotator cuff surgery!!  I have 70% use of my shoulder, it never healed all the way but praise the Lord I can still reborn bigsmile

I love your baby, I have a friend whose sister is Albino and she has to wear sunglasses because of the light hurting her eyes.  You were spot on with the hair, skin tone and eyes angelsmiley

Awwww so sorry Jo about your shoulder! ((hugs)) sad I am so happy that you can still have fun making reborns! happyhappy happyhappy We would miss seeing your babies!!!

thanks for the comments on my baby with Albanism!! thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptySun 18 Nov 2018 - 11:11

Babies wrote:
Jenny In NH wrote:
Babies wrote:

awwww thanks Lisa!!

lol lol lol lol

Thank you Jenny!!!  You've been painting longer than I have though, your work is seriously awesome!  worthy

Awww thanks Lisa!!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyTue 27 Nov 2018 - 10:26

Nice to see this thread just keeps on going!A nice way to stay in touch with those we miss! I have been busy working every day. I am the sales manager at Talbots and it's the holiday season...so you all know what that means!!! No one sees me, except for those at work!!! It's a crazy time! The girls are busy with dance, of course. Sofie is sleeping beauty in the winter recital, so I am excited to see that on December 15th!
The girls will both be performing at the local mall again in a couple weeks, so I will post some pictures for sure!

I do a custom baby when I can, but no classes, as I just haven't had the time, but I think Raven may be calling my name...or Tink, I can't decide which will be the first baby of the new year! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? EmptyThu 29 Nov 2018 - 22:38

I vote for Tink!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's everybuddy doing?   What's everybuddy doing? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's everybuddy doing?
Page 1 of 1