R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A question for the reborn artists

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nightowlnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
nightowlnursery

A question for the reborn artists Empty
PostSubject: A question for the reborn artists   A question for the reborn artists EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 14:59

Please understand that I am not picking on or making fun of this lady. This is a post I came across on Facebook today.....

"Hi everyone! I have this baby I’m absolutely in love with, but she has some issues. Her hair is patchy and thin and I’d like it thicker, and her paint is missing in some spots. Are there any artists who would be able to repair her in less than 2 weeks? I could pay some money but my budget isn’t huge..."

I have been a reborner for more than six years, and I am constantly learning new things. However, because the paints are translucent, I only know of one way of "fixing" this baby. That is to start over, strip and repaint and reroot. I have turned small boo boos into a scratch or a birthmark but I know of no way to just paint over the missing spots and make it work. I should say I paint with GHSP so maybe it can be done with air dry? I don't want to do it but I was hoping to save this lady who might make a huge mistake or invest in something that cannot be fixed easily. This would require a ton of work in my opinion and should be done by a talented artist. Am I right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nightowlnursery.com
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: A question for the reborn artists   A question for the reborn artists EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 15:29

It really depends on the doll. How bad it is! If it has a few thin patches and you can find the same color and type of hair you could re root heavier and fill in spots then re seal. Now the paint is a different story, you can touch up small spots easily but , if its a lot of painting it may be hard to do without some stripping.

It would probably take almost 2 weeks to find the same hair plus purchasing and shipping it to you . IMO
I'm sure others can offer some advice shortly. Sorry, I wasn't much help.
Back to top Go down
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

PostSubject: Re: A question for the reborn artists   A question for the reborn artists EmptyFri 27 Oct 2017 - 8:27

I think you are exactly right!! It would be alot of work to repair the doll.....
probably more than the lady is wanting to pay.

Finding mohair close to what is already on the doll and adding more is probably the way to go rather than
take it all out and start over.

Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: A question for the reborn artists   A question for the reborn artists EmptyFri 27 Oct 2017 - 13:46

I think you'd have to see pictures of what is wrong with the baby to decide how much work, money, and skill it would take to repair it. I've found recently that it's almost always true that a person's description of something doesn't translate to what is actually true. We're shopping for a "kid safe" horse for our almost 6 yr old grand daughter and it's truly amazing what some people think is kid safe!

I'm picturing a baby that has huge chunks of hair missing and a paint job was never properly set and has rubbed off everywhere. That's my image but like I said ... I've become a bit of a pessimist/realist lately. It could be that the baby has small spots of missing hair that will be easy to fill out ... and a paint job that just needs a small tune up. lol Only way to determine that is to see pictures before committing to the repair job!
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
nightowlnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
nightowlnursery

PostSubject: Re: A question for the reborn artists   A question for the reborn artists EmptyFri 27 Oct 2017 - 13:58

Thanks ladies. Appreciate your feedback.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nightowlnursery.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question for the reborn artists   A question for the reborn artists Empty

Back to top Go down

A question for the reborn artists
Page 1 of 1