R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm so irritated at Photo bucket !

Go down 
+3
Jenny In NH
Kristysbabies
bearysweethearts
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bearysweethearts

I'm so irritated at Photo bucket ! Empty
PostSubject: I'm so irritated at Photo bucket !   I'm so irritated at Photo bucket ! EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 16:50

Photo bucket  stopped allowing 3rd party hosting in July without us paying 400.00 a year or 40.00 a month. We had 4 accounts with them so that's the amount they wanted from us.
Okay, so I go to another image hosting for 20.00 a year, spent 2 days putting most of my images that were on photo bucket to the new hosting.

My reborn templates cannot be moved because the links to the images no longer work, only the wording. They worked before this 3rd party hosting rule.
I thought maybe Templates by Lynn could just re send them to me. She no longer has a store on Ebay.
Her last post was on Facebook last year when her husband had a stroke. Not sure if she is still in business at this time.

So I guess Photo Bucket gets to hold them hostage. Well, it feels that way !
I was told she may not be able to resend them to me anyway if she hadn't paid money on her end . IDK

So I guess I have lost all my reborn templates I paid for about 8 years ago. notfair

Back to top Go down
Kristysbabies

PostSubject: Re: I'm so irritated at Photo bucket !   I'm so irritated at Photo bucket ! EmptyTue 19 Sep 2017 - 12:51

That's what I heard too. $400.00 a year for 3 party hosting tuttut !! Not a great business move when other image hosting sites are free.

Sorry about the links to your templates.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: I'm so irritated at Photo bucket !   I'm so irritated at Photo bucket ! EmptyTue 19 Sep 2017 - 13:09

Kathy, so sorry this is happening!     affraid   I dont use any photo-hosting places at the moment, so was unaware other than people talking about it here.   notfair

hugsssssssss

loveyou!
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: I'm so irritated at Photo bucket !   I'm so irritated at Photo bucket ! EmptyWed 20 Sep 2017 - 2:16

Bummer! Jackie Surtees had to redo all of her template that were hosted thru PhotoBucket. The old ones didn't work anymore - not her fault so of course there was a charge for the replacements. I understand everyone's frustration.
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: I'm so irritated at Photo bucket !   I'm so irritated at Photo bucket ! EmptyThu 5 Oct 2017 - 3:42

I have been using IMGUR.con for a few months now and find it easy, although I do not have a template - well I do
but its so old it probably will not work anyway, but as I don't sell on Ebay its not worrying me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: I'm so irritated at Photo bucket !   I'm so irritated at Photo bucket ! EmptyThu 5 Oct 2017 - 7:36

That really stinks. There's no way to get them? I wan't aware of this at all. I have some of my kids photos on there when I used to use photo bucket to store photos...now i use facebook and just post andthing that I really want to "keep"

As far as templates go, I use seller sourcebook for my image templates, as mine was custom dine for me and I have it stored there, and they have a ton of very nice templates you can use for your auctions and you can store all your images there as well, and it's only $8/month.
Back to top Go down
Carolynsdollhouse
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Carolynsdollhouse

PostSubject: Re: I'm so irritated at Photo bucket !   I'm so irritated at Photo bucket ! EmptyFri 6 Oct 2017 - 23:54

I use ImageShack. I like it. I am still learning my way around it. There is a fee. I got the 1st year I think for $18.99 for the first year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CarolynAnnDuff
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: I'm so irritated at Photo bucket !   I'm so irritated at Photo bucket ! EmptySat 7 Oct 2017 - 2:54

I have used IMGUR.Com for the last month or so and I find this so easy to use, and at
the moment its totally free, and no mention of having to pay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm so irritated at Photo bucket !   I'm so irritated at Photo bucket ! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm so irritated at Photo bucket !
Page 1 of 1