R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do I carry on or Strip?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

Do I carry on or Strip? Empty
PostSubject: Do I carry on or Strip?   Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 5:07

Hi Ladies :)
I am trying to make my first Grinch baby and also the first time using air dry paints. I am really struggling honest opinions do I strip it back and start again or persevere and do more green layers?
Thank you worthy
Do I carry on or Strip? Grinch10
Do I carry on or Strip? Grinch11
Do I carry on or Strip? Grinch12
Do I carry on or Strip? Grinch13
Do I carry on or Strip? Grinch14
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Do I carry on or Strip?   Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 13:40

Hopefully the ladies in here that make character babies will see your post soon!  I have no ideas as I have never made a character baby
to date!

I love how the arms and legs look (sort of transparent and can see the layers), but think your green is getting too thick on the head?  All depends on what look you are going for.  Are you working from a photo?  If you look at this photo you will see several different shades of green even just on the face.

And last but not least - pay no attention to me as I am not experienced with character babies!! LOL

Do I carry on or Strip? Grinch10

(((Hugs))))

Jenny
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Do I carry on or Strip?   Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 15:28

As Jenny said it all depends on the darkness/color you are looking for. I would not strip, its looking good. The head is darker than the limbs. You want them to match up. If you are applying the green hair on most of the head as in the picture I think you will be fine.
I would try to match the limbs and the head  more and continue with some shading on the head and face to give him some more depth.
If you study the picture Jenny posted you can see the areas of different shading of green with some added flesh tones on the face . I don't  use air dry so I don't know if the shading effects are the same as GHSP. I would try adding a little of your flesh tones lightly on the face. Working around the center of the forehead middle brow area ,under eyes and around  the upper cheekbones. Pounce lightly with your sponge to blend a little flesh tones into the green .. But again I don't work with air dry .  I know you can blend and shade better with your GHSP. This should help tone down the darkness of your green on the head too.

You can also use your color wheel to do  light washes of the opposite color to neutralize some of the darker green.  This is your character so it does all depend on what you want him to look like.
That's what we do we experiment  a lot with these characters. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Do I carry on or Strip?   Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 16:52

Aww thank you ladies. I have added a bit more green and the limbs are starting to catch up with the head. I will try some shading around the face to add some depth. Would you use different shades of green or maybe pinky/red ? Xxx
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Do I carry on or Strip?   Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 17:11

I would get my light and darker green tones the shades I want him to be.  Working in a little of my flesh tones. Then go in with some pinky tones. A very faint blushing.  For me , when in doubt I try out different applications on practice pieces. You would be surprised of all the different effects you  can come up with you might actually like better.

I'm sure others will give you some advice to. He is looking good. Keep posting those pics. happyforyou!
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Do I carry on or Strip?   Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 17:36

Aww thank you ladies. I have added a bit more green and the limbs are starting to catch up with the head.  I will try some shading around the face to add some depth. Would you use different shades of green or maybe pinky/red ? Xxx
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Do I carry on or Strip?   Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 17:38

I will keep the pictures coming and get some shading put in xx
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: A few more pics    Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 5:44

Hi Ladies I have added a few more layers and a bit of darker green blushing. I think I will add a bit of pinky blushing next. What do you ladies think?
Do I carry on or Strip? My_gri10
Do I carry on or Strip? My_gri11
Do I carry on or Strip? My_gri12
Do I carry on or Strip? My_gri13

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Do I carry on or Strip?   Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 9:29

Oh that looks so much better! That looks great! I can't wait to see him finished! I'm so excited!!!! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Do I carry on or Strip?   Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 9:37

Aww thank you thats really kind. I am not feeling it at the min but going to put some pink blush & tones in see what I think next. thankyou!
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Do I carry on or Strip?   Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 23:34

He is looking pretty Grinchy! I love the 2nd picture you can see more depth in your greens. Perfect kit for a baby Grinch. I can't wait to see him all finished too. happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Do I carry on or Strip?   Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyWed 1 Mar 2017 - 6:55

Thank you I am hoping as I warm him up a bit I will like him more lol :) x
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Ahhh somebody tell me I havnt ruined him   Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyWed 1 Mar 2017 - 14:41

Aaarrgghhh please somebody tell me I havnt ruined him. I tried to give him some pink blushing and it's just turned him mucky looking no citrus pink cheeks :( how can I correct it please? Would you try rubbing some green off with rubbing alcohol and try again with the pink?
Do I carry on or Strip? 14883810
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Do I carry on or Strip?   Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyFri 3 Mar 2017 - 17:18

Joanne White wrote:
Aaarrgghhh please somebody tell me I havnt ruined him. I tried to give him some pink blushing and it's just turned him mucky looking no citrus pink cheeks :( how can I correct it please?  Would you try rubbing some green off with rubbing alcohol and try again with the pink?
Do I carry on or Strip? 14883810

I dont think your added green tones look mucky at all!  If you look at the picture i posted of grinch, his other tones look muted as well. Maybe you can tone down
the red on the tongue a bit. I think when you are doing a character baby, there is no right or wrong, as long as you like it. :)

coffee?
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Do I carry on or Strip?   Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 11:14

Thank you :) I have changed him round a bit will post more pics soon :) xx
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: More progress pics :)   Do I carry on or Strip? EmptyTue 7 Mar 2017 - 5:14

Hi ladies
I have altered my grinch slightly now but I am not sure if I see a boy/girl now lol. What do you all think?
I am going to make his/her brows a bit more bushy and paint his/her nails. Have you any more suggestions?
Thank you :*
Do I carry on or Strip? Grinch15
Do I carry on or Strip? Grinch16
Do I carry on or Strip? Grinch17
Do I carry on or Strip? Grinch18
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do I carry on or Strip?   Do I carry on or Strip? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do I carry on or Strip?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: Reborn Forums :: Reborn Critique-
Jump to: