R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Combo hair question...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pmurphy56

Combo hair question... Empty
PostSubject: Combo hair question...   Combo hair question... EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 17:29

I am planning on doing combination hair.  Is this base sufficient?  Should I seal and do another layer of pencil and then seal again and root? Critiques and opinions wanted.  You will not hurt my feelings; I want to improve.

Combo hair question... Img_1316
Combo hair question... Img_1319
Combo hair question... Img_1321
Combo hair question... Img_1317
Combo hair question... Img_1320
Combo hair question... Img_1318
Combo hair question... Img_1322
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Combo hair question...   Combo hair question... EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 21:59

Hi,  From what I can see it is coming up a light shade of blonde or a very light brown. I think it all depends on what look and color you are wanting. If you are doing a lighter shade with sparse combo mohair it looks really good. If you are wanting darker hair with more of a thicker mohair then you might want to seal, darken with another layer then root.  . bigsmile Just my opinion. I'm sure others will offer you some more advice.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Combo hair question...   Combo hair question... EmptyThu 16 Feb 2017 - 9:31

How much were you planning on rooting? Do you have a picture of how you want it to look?
Back to top Go down
pmurphy56

PostSubject: Re: Combo hair question...   Combo hair question... EmptyThu 16 Feb 2017 - 12:19

I tried to follow the example in the eBook and modify it to look more like this photo. I'm doing a lighter brown hair tho. Combo hair question... Sam410
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Combo hair question...   Combo hair question... EmptyThu 16 Feb 2017 - 12:44

If you are planning on rooting your mohair as thick as in the picture you're probably not going to see very much of your hair painting underneath. You would only see your hairline and around the ears. If you want to see the combination you might want to do a sparse or thinner rooting of the mohair.
Back to top Go down
pmurphy56

PostSubject: Re: Combo hair question...   Combo hair question... EmptyThu 16 Feb 2017 - 13:04

I was hoping the pencil underneath would give the the appearance of being thick. I've only done a couple dolls and I cannot seem to root thick at all.
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Combo hair question...   Combo hair question... EmptySat 18 Feb 2017 - 2:20

pmurphy56 wrote:
I was hoping the pencil underneath would give the the appearance of being thick. I've only done a couple dolls and I cannot seem to root thick at all.

The hair underneath will give you a pattern to follow with your rooting, but I agree with Bearysweethearts that the hair in your photo will obscure your penciled hair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combo hair question...   Combo hair question... Empty

Back to top Go down

Combo hair question...
Page 1 of 1