R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shipping has went up again!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bearysweethearts

Shipping has went up again! Empty
PostSubject: Shipping has went up again!   Shipping has went up again! EmptyMon 17 Oct 2016 - 16:55

I ship to Canada all the time insured. It is usually around 35.00 to 40.00 something. Today I went to the post office   the shipping to Canada was 68.41 affraid that was the cheapest route with insurance.  I shipped to England 2 weeks ago  it was 76.98 IDK Not a lot of difference there in money but a big difference across the map! The post lady said yeah shipping went up some in this new system. They need to bring the old system back!!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Shipping has went up again!   Shipping has went up again! EmptyMon 17 Oct 2016 - 17:49

Wow!! That is crazy! I only ship US on the few babies i actually complete each year, so i didnt realize how expensive it is to ship internationally! affraid
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Shipping has went up again!   Shipping has went up again! EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 4:21

Shipping is very expensive, but its the customer who pays, and if they are happy, then we should be.
In the UK we then pay roughly 13% on top for customs and an administration fee, we pay customs on
anything that we import that is over £15. ( $20 ) unless its marked as a gift then we can import up to
£36.00. With out pound dropping dramatically at the moment importing is an expensive business, but
I still import a good bit of fabric from USA. Size l0 crochet cotton I now import from Bulgaria, and not
Paraguay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Shipping has went up again!   Shipping has went up again! EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 9:40

threads wrote:
Shipping is very expensive, but its the customer who pays, and if they are happy, then we should be.

That is so true Maxina! coffee?
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Shipping has went up again!   Shipping has went up again! EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 9:54

Oh I know Maxina, I try to do what I can to make my customers happy. The fees they apply to the UK and other countries is terrible. They should be ashamed of themselves for charging these amounts!  Most international sells won't allow me to insure over 200.00 so if my doll sold/value was for 800.00 they were charging you a percentage on that amount and would only allow me to insure but for 200.00. So from now on regardless of what the value is or what you paid I just put the value of what they allow me to insure. A lot of my returning international customers say that helps cut there cost on there custom fees quite a bit. If they won't let me insure for the amount you paid then they shouldn't get fees for that amount either. IMO
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Shipping has went up again!   Shipping has went up again! EmptyFri 28 Oct 2016 - 15:48

It's getting pretty ridiculous!!!
Back to top Go down
SimoneB.
SimoneB.

PostSubject: Re: Shipping has went up again!   Shipping has went up again! EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:06

I had to ship a reborn across the country and I saved $25 by using UPS instead of the post office.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reborns.com/artist/2286
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Shipping has went up again!   Shipping has went up again! EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 16:33

SimoneB. wrote:
I had to ship a reborn across the country and I saved $25 by using UPS instead of the post office.
\
That is a wonderful savings on shipping! happyhappy

i wish we had a UPS office in our little town, but be only have the post office, bummer!!
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Shipping has went up again!   Shipping has went up again! EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 17:09

[quote="SimoneB."][b]I had to ship a reborn across the country and I saved $25 by using UPS instead of the post office. I will try that next time I ship international and see if there is any difference. Thanks so much! bigsmile Kathy
Back to top Go down
SimoneB.
SimoneB.

PostSubject: Re: Shipping has went up again!   Shipping has went up again! EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 20:12

I was happy - to put it mildly - when I shipped across the country with USPS it cost $50!!!!

WASN'T happy, I mean!

BTW, IDK if anyone else uses Regional Box C but they're phasing them out.
 oho
Back to top Go down
http://www.reborns.com/artist/2286
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shipping has went up again!   Shipping has went up again! Empty

Back to top Go down

Shipping has went up again!
Page 1 of 1