R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you working on right now????

Go down 
+4
bearysweethearts
cherielynn09
Jenny In NH
Lara
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

What are you working on right now???? Empty
PostSubject: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptyFri 17 Jun 2016 - 13:57

I know some people take some time off in the summer to relax, enjoy family, go on vacation, etc.

Just curious, what kit(s) you are currently working on, and if you have any WIP pics. I just finished a custom baby and she went out the door today. I have about 6 WIP babies at various stages. I still need to root my powder baby (Angie's birthday present!)

I think Tuesday I am going to start working on Eric Stoete for the Praline and Cream Class, so I cam post some pictures of him next week....although I think he will end up a she!! itsagirl
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Summer time   What are you working on right now???? EmptyFri 17 Jun 2016 - 16:15

I am currently rooting yes I said.. ROOTING my powders class doll!! hehehehe  

Trying to keep her hair baby looking!!!  (not like my Hattie)  

Cant show pictures, sorry.. I MIGHT actually, finally have a baby ready for class contest OMG..........  

lollollol

Had a wedding recently, the relay tomorrow and I have a graduation party next Saturday.

My son had his last day of full program today, and is going on the summer schedule of 10 hours / week on Monday.

Nice on the custom orders Lara!  Cant wait to see Angie's BD Pressie finished!

O0o0 cant wait to see your Eric Stoete next week!!

Hope all runs smoothly for you and your family at the graduation party!!!

weeeeee!weeeeee!weeeeee!weeeeee!weeeeee!weeeeee!weeeeee!
Back to top Go down
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptySat 18 Jun 2016 - 8:34

Currently working on Americus.....reminds me
of a blend of Evangeline/Serenity/Miracle!!!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptySat 18 Jun 2016 - 9:23

I was wondering how everyone was doing on their powder baby!!!! I should put a post out and see when everyone thinks they will be ready for the contest!!!
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptySat 18 Jun 2016 - 11:33

I'm rooting my powders baby, Love the powders on the creases and any extra shading works just beautiful !!! whoohoo
When opening the pool we has a rip in the liner so we are replacing the liner on the pool . What a job! Draining all water and starting over. 6 foot of water .

My sons babysitter just up and quit with no warning so I am helping watch 3 grandchildren a few days a week. One is 9 months old.

We are getting ready to go to Disney ,Universal studios, and the beach will be gone for 10 days leaving on July 1st. So trying to get the pool all done before we leave.
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptySat 18 Jun 2016 - 11:54

Here are a couple of my most recently completed babies!

What are you working on right now???? IMG_0265_zpsfjgtpswd

What are you working on right now???? 31a0ff5d-62fe-43f5-9b48-181c83005038_zpsklpxd1pp

Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptySun 19 Jun 2016 - 1:51

I'm working on getting over the delightful crack to the head I gave myself last Sunday when I was working in my sewing room. Reached to grab something off the floor and my lovely rolling chair decided to scoot out from under me like a watermelon seed and my head made contact with the edge of my table before I hit the floor.

The hardest part is that the egg goes across the whole back of my head and I sleep on my back normally. So this week has been a roller coaster of sleeping about 2 hours at a time before the headache woke me up. Needless to say I'm pretty ... mmmmm ... crabby would probably be the word! lol

Add into that the fact that since we went from DSL to Uverse about two months ago, our internet has progressively gotten worse and worse. On top of the chronic headache this week we've had ATT out 4 times and they STILL CANNOT keep our connection working. They have absolutely no problem getting it to work ... but 20 minutes after they drive out the driveway it's down again. Up for an hour, down for 3 ... up for 15 minutes, down for 5 min, up for 5 hours down for 6 hours. And the biggest irritation is they won't let us go back to DSL even if we want to. grrrr grrrr grrrr

So I told my darling husband to tell them if they can't get it working 100% ... we're only paying 50% of our bill ... and if they don't like that I'm going to call the local TV station and talk to their consumer advocate and see if "Call Curtis" can get some sort of resolution to this problem.

I've been sewing for about a month and a half now. lol Kind of ironic since the project that planted the bug to sew is still sitting in the laundry basket waiting for my attention. I'm going to the ROSE show next month and decided that since I'm pretty sure my babies might not be as awesome as some of the true artists that will be there ... that I will concentrate on accessories!! So I planned to make some of the butterfly quilts that I made for one of the baby swaps a few years ago.

What are you working on right now???? Butter10

I got about 13 all cut out and then the crafting ADHD kicked in and I now have about 35+ baby dresses made and the quilts are still cut out and waiting. *shakes head* And I have two babies I'm planning to finish to take but perhaps they'll be finished when I get home. One just needs rooting and the other I had to strip and start over so for sure that one won't be making the trip.

I also have about 20+ pair of baby shoes and matching head bands that I've been working on ... lots of tender fingertips from the glue gun! lol
What are you working on right now???? Img_1310
What are you working on right now???? Img_1311

I'll try to post some pictures of the dresses soon because some of them I REALLY love!

Anyway ... that's how my summer is going so far. wink
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptySun 19 Jun 2016 - 8:49

WOW...you have been BUS-EE!!!

Your little shoes and quilts are ADORABLE!!!

Hope your poor head starts feeling better soon!!!

Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptySun 19 Jun 2016 - 9:52

Those shoes are gorgeous? Did you embellish the Carters shoes?
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptySun 19 Jun 2016 - 11:43

Yes Pia, they are the little Carter's shoes. I did a pair for an outfit for one of my babies and thought ... hmmm ... I bet I could do a bunch of these for sale! :)
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Sharon, sooooooooooo sorry you injured your head!!   What are you working on right now???? EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 2:03

Omgosh! So sorry you were injured Sharon!!! That is terrible!!! Hope you are healing quickly!! Your items for the show are just beautiful!!! BOL with all your beautiful things!!

Wish I could sew!!!!

Grrrrrrr at your internet provider, I used to have those same nightmares, but we have been lucky so far (*knock on wood*) with our Comcast internet/phone/tv package!!!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: pretty babies Pia   What are you working on right now???? EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 2:05

Pretty babies Pia!!! Sweet lil baby girls!!!

happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: ohhh noooo   What are you working on right now???? EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 2:09

bearysweethearts wrote:
I'm rooting my powders baby, Love the powders on the creases and any extra shading  works just beautiful !!!  whoohoo
When opening the pool we has a rip in the liner so we are replacing the liner on the pool . What a job! Draining all water and starting over. 6 foot of water .

My sons babysitter just up and quit with no warning so I am helping watch 3 grandchildren a few days a week. One is 9 months old.

We are getting ready to go to Disney ,Universal studios, and the beach will be gone for 10 days leaving on July 1st.  So trying to get the pool all done before we leave.  

Sooooo sorry about your pool liner!!! That happened to us a few years ago, what a pain in the neck!!! notfair

You must be exhausted taking care of all the children!! Im tired just reading about it - lol lol

Yayyyyy about your up-coming vacation, you need a break!!! Sounds like an awesome time!!! jumping dancingbaby

loveyou!

Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: beautiful kit   What are you working on right now???? EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 2:11

cherielynn09 wrote:
Currently working on Americus.....reminds me
of a blend of Evangeline/Serenity/Miracle!!!

Cant wait to see what you do with Americus!! Beautifully sculpted kit! Sold out now I think!!!

whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo
Back to top Go down
Patricia
Toddler
Toddler
Patricia

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptySat 25 Jun 2016 - 19:18

Just finished up Sally Brown.  I didn't like this kit at first, but she turned out cute.  Reminds me of my grand-daughter when she was a baby.

What are you working on right now???? Sally_11
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016 - 11:01

I love Sally!!! happyforyou!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016 - 12:16

Your Sally came out just beautiful!!

happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Patricia
Toddler
Toddler
Patricia

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016 - 12:56

Thank you, Jenny. I just couldn't warm up to the kit, but when I got her finished I had quite changed my mind. She's been sitting in her carrier on my kitchen table for the last week so I can admire her. :-)
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 3:37

Ive been busy working...on everything!!! 5 acres of property at mom and dads, needs clearing/trimming/mowing etc....
hubby has recently had hernia surgery and is off work for 5 to 6 weeks, which means I get to take care of our one acre parcel as well.
This is on top of taking care of Mark,Mom Hubby & Mousie.....and whatever else I can squeeze in. (hot baths are wonderful)
I have managed to get a couple of dolls done, but mostly manual labor this year. Im not putting out many babies right now, because the work just wont do itself....and I cant afford to hire anyone. Let me tell you though the best part??? SORE MUSCLES...... means im accomplishing something LOL lol lol lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 9:36

Patricia wrote:
Thank you, Jenny.  I just couldn't warm up to the kit, but when I got her finished I had quite changed my mind.  She's been sitting in her carrier on my kitchen table for the last week so I can admire her.  :-)

Awww that has happened to me too! Once they are finished and dressed, they take on a whole new personality!! I kept walking buy my Hattie and kept saying to her.. you are sooooooooooooooo cute!! LOL lol lol
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 9:38

Tinabloomfield wrote:
Ive been busy working...on everything!!! 5 acres of property at mom and dads, needs clearing/trimming/mowing etc....
hubby has recently had hernia surgery and is off work for 5 to 6 weeks, which means I get to take care of our one acre parcel as well.
This is on top of taking care of Mark,Mom Hubby & Mousie.....and whatever else I can squeeze in. (hot baths are wonderful)
I have managed to get a couple of dolls done, but mostly manual labor this year. Im not putting out many babies right now, because the work just wont do itself....and I cant afford to hire anyone. Let me tell you though the best part??? SORE MUSCLES...... means im accomplishing something LOL lol lol lol lol lol lol

Yikes Tina!! You sure do have your hands full! Hope things get easier for you real soon!!

Muscles? muscles... I USED to know what those were??? IDK    lol

Make sure you work in those hot baths!!! After all of those things, you definitely need some "me" time!!!   coffee?
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 14:05

Current count ... I have 40+ dresses made ... about 30 with socks and head bands ... but I have about 20 more to finish. *faint* I have 9 butterfly quilts done and 4 more to finish. (Like that's probably going to happen! LOL)

I can honestly say I'm over the fun of sewing for the first time in years. I remember now why I enjoy it and dislike it at the same time. lol

Yesterday my 9 yr old grand daughter was bored so she came into my sewing room with her Barbie and proceeded to create some pretty cool clothes. Of course, gramma had to stop everything several times to show her how to do what she wanted to do but by the end of about 3 hours she had a dress with a snap!! and a skirt with elastic at the waist.

Of course, as much fun as it was having her in there quietly creating ... I didn't get much done because every time I started on something, I'd have to stop and do a 20 min. quickie lesson. lol

Hubby is convinced I'm not going to make it to the 18th (hit the road to Utah day) without a melt down, and he might be right. I'm already sleepless at night ... A LOT!! I wake up at 1am and as soon as the brain is awake it hits overdrive with all the things I still want to get done. Twice in the last week he's come in to my sewing room at 2am to ask me what I'm doing. hahaha Last night he just walked in with a glass of water and 2 Tylenol PM. Gotta love that man!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 21:28

SharonR wrote:
Current count ... I have 40+ dresses made ... about 30 with socks and head bands ... but I have about 20 more to finish. *faint* I have 9 butterfly quilts done and 4 more to finish. (Like that's probably going to happen! LOL)

I can honestly say I'm over the fun of sewing for the first time in years. I remember now why I enjoy it and dislike it at the same time. lol

Yesterday my 9 yr old grand daughter was bored so she came into my sewing room with her Barbie and proceeded to create some pretty cool clothes. Of course, gramma had to stop everything several times to show her how to do what she wanted to do but by the end of about 3 hours she had a dress with a snap!! and a skirt with elastic at the waist.

Of course, as much fun as it was having her in there quietly creating ... I didn't get much done because every time I started on something, I'd have to stop and do a 20 min. quickie lesson. lol

Hubby is convinced I'm not going to make it to the 18th (hit the road to Utah day) without a melt down, and he might be right. I'm already sleepless at night ... A LOT!! I wake up at 1am and as soon as the brain is awake it hits overdrive with all the things I still want to get done. Twice in the last week he's come in to my sewing room at 2am to ask me what I'm doing. hahaha Last night he just walked in with a glass of water and 2 Tylenol PM. Gotta love that man!

Wowwwwwwwww!!1 You are on a roll girl!!!  lookwhatimade

I cant sew to save my life!! hehehe lol  

Your items are all beautiful, wishing you much success at the show!! Hope you sell everything!!!     whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo   Get someeeeeeee sleeepppppppppppp woman!!! hehehe

LOL @ hubby and 2 Tylenol PMs!!!! lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptySat 2 Jul 2016 - 18:40

Tina, you are always busy! I am glad to hear that you still have time to work on some babies, as I know as that is therapeutic for you as well!!!!

Sharon, I would love to see some of those dresses that you have finished! That sounds like a lot of work!!! Wow!!! whoohoo

Now that the dance season is officially over, and summer dance starts Tuesday with a somewhat normal schedule, I feel like I will have some more time to start painting again too. I have a custom that I am currently working on, but i need to start working on, but I need to start on both the class babies in the next week so I can get the pallet out to everyone. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 16:41

Here's a sample of what I've been working on!

What are you working on right now???? Dress110
What are you working on right now???? Dress210
What are you working on right now???? Dress310
What are you working on right now???? Dress410
What are you working on right now???? Dress510
What are you working on right now???? Dress610
What are you working on right now???? Dress710
What are you working on right now???? Dress810
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 21:17

ohhh just beautiful Sharon!! whoohoo

My favs are the lavender/purple, pink and mint green and the last one peach color... ooooh la la!!!

You are so talented lady!!!worthy worthy

clapclap clapclap clapclap clapclap

I hope you have a blast at the show and sell all of your beautiful creations!!!

whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 22:16

Thanks Jenny! I'm getting pretty excited/stressed about this whole trip. lol There's this feeling of "what if I don't sell anything?"

I'm really really looking forward to the class I'm taking up there though ... just found out the kit for the class is a brand new Laura Lee Eagles kit!! How awesome is that??
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 0:15

SharonR wrote:
Thanks Jenny! I'm getting pretty excited/stressed about this whole trip. lol There's this feeling of "what if I don't sell anything?"

I'm really really looking forward to the class I'm taking up there though ... just found out the kit for the class is a brand new Laura Lee Eagles kit!! How awesome is that??

the power of "positive thinking"... you WILL sell lottttttttttts or alllllllllllllllllllllll

*hypnotizes Sharon*

Ohhh lucky you!! I love Laura Eagles kits!!!!!!!! That IS awesome girlie!!!

whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now????   What are you working on right now???? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you working on right now????
Page 1 of 1