R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ghost Town

Go down 
+7
Patricia
pia46
Lara
bearysweethearts
Susan
Jenny In NH
cherielynn09
11 posters
AuthorMessage
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 7:59

It's sad to see the forums going the way of
the dinosaur.....I see where people have become new members...but no one hardly posts
anymore....too easy to just do Facebook I suppose sad
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: I remember when   Ghost Town EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 9:54

I remember when I was new, I didn't post for a long time, mostly cuz I was shy.  

Once I did start posting, i think people wanted to put tape over my "mouth" LOL

I guess im still a pegasaurus.. cuz I still like the forums they seem like "family".  

I think a lot of people like facebook because its lso a medium/exposure to sell their reborns without paying ebay fees, so its an all-in-one kinda place.

Seems like a lot of people come and read the forums for "information" but not so much for "participation". I guess its just like life,

things keep changing, social media has really taken off.  I cant even keep up with my grandchildren with all the things they are on - they say
"Facebook" is OLD.. LAFFINNN  lol  They do snapchat, twitter, instagram, facetime, vimeo and there are more I just cant remember!!
I get dizzy with all the tweets n stuff!! LOL

lol lol  lol  lol
Back to top Go down
Susan
Susan

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 13:25

I hardly ever come here because nothing ever seems to be updated, like nobody's been here. It's just a fluke that I showed up today. Nothing seems to have changed in over a month....
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 19:22

June and July are super slow months due to vacations too. When there is a lot going on at home most just read the posts. Facebook is usually their first go to.. It picks up in August when kids start back to school.bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 9:31

I know facebook is much easier for me to pop onto, as I can upload pics right from y phone, without even browsing the newsfeed. I just go on my merry way and maybe check messages before I go to bed.

Doll people tend to ask me more questions there then on here lately.

I think the forum is very slow unless there is a large class going on, and the Praline class is being postponed until Fall probably, so we can get some more people to join, as we only have 4 right now.

I know with me working out of the home full time, and with the kids intense dance schedule, it's difficult for me to connect as much as I used to when I was a stay at home mom. I'm not sure where God wants me right now, as I go back and forth between the stay at home and paint dolls or working outside the home. With the economy, neither is enough to pay the bills, so I don't know.....there's no good answer.

So....What's been going on with me?

Today is my only day off from work, and I need to get everything ready for my son's graduation party on Saturday. Ask me how much I've done???? That's right...NOTHING!!!! So, I need to gather pictures and awards for his tables, find centerpieces, get decorations, make signs, finalize food...all in one day.

Oh! And pack up a custom baby that was paid for yesterday and I still need to get her head on. yes, her head is still upsidedown in a cup with the glue drying! lol

We all have those days, don't we? Please tell me we do.....

Oh wait, and I went to the dr yesterday because I'd been haveing dizzy spells and had passed out at work and my BP was 90/48 but that didn't seem to bother him. He said that my crystals in my ears were out of wack and I need therapy to get them in line again and I won;t be dizzy anymore. I think he is out of wack!!! I think my bp is too low and it's causing the vertigo. So, I'm going to call the dr again Monday when my regular Dr is in and see if I can talk to her.

So, that's what's going on with me, and why I'm not around so much...I'm sure everyone has a similar story. If you do, please share. I miss you all terribly. I remember the days when we all talked everyday and said how we couldn't live without our REAL friends and how important this forum was. It will get back to that.

And Susan, I do have plans to change up and redo the forum to make it a bit more user friendly and spice things up a bit. It will have to wait a bit though, but I have some great ideas on revamping things!!!!!!

And, I am always up for your ideas!!!!!!!

I know April is taking a break from being the co-Admin, so I am looking for someone tech savvy who can do a lot of the behind the scenes wok with me that I can trust as well. She will still be Admin and helping with Classes and doing the Air Dry conversion Class in September, but I will need someone to help with some Admin duties around here, if anyone is interested, just send me a PM.

If anyone has ideas on Classes or fun contests, please let me know that too. I think the next contest we will be doing is a Summer Bald Baby Contest!!! News on that will be coming soon.

Once I get back back from the Hershey trip with my girls dance team, I will have more time to really settle in and start redoing the forum and put more time into it weekly. I need everyone to help make this better again though. Over 2,400 members, when we just started with 30? Come on gals....we can ROCK this!!!! bigsmile whoohoo

Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 23:28

Lara - don't totally poo poo the advice about the crystals in your ears and vertigo. It is truly legitimate. There are YouTube videos of the positions to go through to realign the crystals posted on there, but a good physical therapist is trained in the technique and it really is not witchcraft (my MIL dealt with it). Your BP could be a contributing factor too!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptyFri 17 Jun 2016 - 13:54

Thanks, Pia, I am taking all advice, for sure. The doctor did call me back today, and told me that because of my blood pressure I should be drinking 36 glasses of water and taking it easy.

We will see if I'm able to take it easy tonight on a Friday night at the mall at work. Highly doubtful!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptyFri 17 Jun 2016 - 16:17

Lara wrote:
Thanks, Pia, I am taking all advice, for sure. The doctor did call me back today, and told me that because of my blood pressure I should be drinking 36 glasses of water and taking it easy.

We will see if I'm able to take it easy tonight on a Friday night at the mall at work. Highly doubtful!!! lol

Lordy, I hope he said 3 to 6 not 36 glasses of water!!!!! I wouldn't be able to leave the powder room!!!

lol lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptySat 18 Jun 2016 - 9:26

36 ounces....haha...I think I did ok at work yesterday. I stopped myself from climbing up and getting a manequin off a riser to change her and asked an associate instead. I'm so used to just go go go. Today looks like a great day for the party. As long as I find someone else to climb the ladder to put up the party streamers, I'll be a-ok!!! whoohoo
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptySat 18 Jun 2016 - 11:39

Lara wrote:

Once I get back back from the Hershey trip with my girls dance team, I will have more time to really settle in and start redoing the forum and put more time into it weekly. I need everyone to help make this better again though. Over 2,400 members, when we just started with 30? Come on gals....we can ROCK this!!!!  bigsmile  whoohoo

Of the 2400 members, only 42 checked in in the past 7 days. Perhaps when you revamp things, you should delete the members that have not logged on in a set time? 6 months? Not sure that out of the 42 that logged on there were posts made by more than 10 of them? It is a shame that there isn't more traffic though. I promote the AOTM on a couple of other forums, but I know that it struggles to get enough entries to run. Hopefully a revamp will improve things?
Back to top Go down
Patricia
Toddler
Toddler
Patricia

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptyWed 22 Jun 2016 - 15:41

So glad to hear the Pralines and Cream class has been rescheduled to the fall. I wanted to take it, but knew I couldn't do it in June.

I'll be watching for the new date.

Patricia
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptyWed 22 Jun 2016 - 16:15

Patricia wrote:
So glad to hear the Pralines and Cream class has been rescheduled to the fall.  I wanted to take it, but knew I couldn't do it in June.  

I'll be watching for the new date.

Patricia

Ohhh fall works out better for me too!! yAYYY!!! happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy
Back to top Go down
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016 - 19:17

Lara, I get vertigo, and it can be really bad. It is commonly the little crystals in the ear, as Pia mentioned, and they sometimes fall out of place and need to be replaced. There are maneuvers you can do at home. If I can find the video on Youtube, I'll post it. I use this one. It was designed by a doctor who gets vertigo. It mimics the Epley Maneuver that the hospitals do for people who have recurring vertigo. Also, vertigo can be related to autoimmune thyroiditis (what I have), and this can mess with the vestibular system in the ear. There are a few other common causes, too. I hope you can find out what the cause is for you so you can know how to treat it.

Here is the video. This helps my vertigo. It tends to shorten the attacks from days to about 24 hours, in most cases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VWyPgfMuvM
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptySat 25 Jun 2016 - 8:50

Thank you!!!! thankyou!
Back to top Go down
SimoneB.
SimoneB.

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptyTue 19 Jul 2016 - 9:50

At Lara:  I'm Simone, don't know if I've posted here or not - I usually post at the BB board but it's pretty quiet, too....anyway, I wanted to tell you that your doctor is probably right.

He must be a fantastic doctor - when I had a spell of vertigo I passed out and they couldn't even give me a diagnosis.

I passed out in a store, they took me to ER, then released me the next day.

I came home and, through googling and researching online, found that my symptoms matched Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), which I found a remedy for - the Epley Manuver - it's on youtube.com.

It repositions the crystals in your ear canal so you do not have vertigo again. This is the video I used:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa6t-Bpg494]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa6t-Bpg494[/url]

Unfortunately, on my way to the floor, I hit my forehead on the counter and now I have tinnitus (I guess that's what caused it).
Back to top Go down
http://www.reborns.com/artist/2286
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptyTue 19 Jul 2016 - 10:58

SimoneB. wrote:
At Lara:  I'm Simone, don't know if I've posted here or not - I usually post at the BB board but it's pretty quiet, too....anyway, I wanted to tell you that your doctor is probably right.

He must be a fantastic doctor - when I had a spell of vertigo I passed out and they couldn't even give me a diagnosis.

I passed out in a store, they took me to ER, then released me the next day.

I came home and, through googling and researching online, found that my symptoms matched Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), which I found a remedy for - the Epley Manuver - it's on youtube.com.

It repositions the crystals in your ear canal so you do not have vertigo again. This is the video I used:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa6t-Bpg494]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa6t-Bpg494[/url]

Unfortunately, on my way to the floor, I hit my forehead on the counter and now I have tinnitus (I guess that's what caused it).

Yikes! That's really scary!!!! Good to know!

Great to meet you too!!!! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
jennyk
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 7:06

I get migraines, but not vertigo- it sounds awful.

I am also sad to see forums decline. I used to post often here, but then sometimes I would post and weeks would go by with no one responding so I stopped and went on to more active forums that are now not so active either . Another thing I noticed was when the board was updated a lot of old content was removed which is necessary from time to time, but old threads that were useful of course were gone so I could not find answers to questions on my own anymore which made the board seem even less lively. I plan to do a class though and will try to do my part in contributing because I loved REAL and I don't love Facebook hah hah!
Back to top Go down
Blossoms_and_Blessings
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Blossoms_and_Blessings

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 23:35

pia46 wrote:

Of the 2400 members, only 42 checked in in the past 7 days. Perhaps when you revamp things, you should delete the members that have not logged on in a set time? 6 months? Not sure that out of the 42 that logged on there were posts made by more than 10 of them? It is a shame that there isn't more traffic though. I promote the AOTM on a couple of other forums, but I know that it struggles to get enough entries to run. Hopefully a revamp will improve things?

I haven't been on very much recently. Life has been busy, but I would hate to come to log in and find I wasn't a member anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town EmptyWed 27 Jul 2016 - 19:03

No, I'm not going to delete members for not posting. I know gals that haven't visited in a couple years, then come back. Timing is everything, and you never know what is going on in people's lives. 3 years ago, I was on here 4-5 hours a day, now, I am lucky if I am on that much in a month! I certainly don't see any reason to start deleting members. Maybe friendly emails, that they are missed!!! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Town   Ghost Town Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghost Town
Page 1 of 1