R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fixed Hair?

Go down 
+2
bearysweethearts
Linda S.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptyThu 10 Mar 2016 - 19:13

Does anyone know how the "fixed hair" on a reborn is done?
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 0:24

What exactly do you mean fixed hair ? If you are referring to styling the hair in perfect place ,especially around the crowns and hairline.I found this product works great! Every hair just smooths out almost as if It were painted on.  You can use wet or comb out dry.  There is a conditioning cream with a special brush that smooths out every single hair.

http://www.daldnursery.com/uploads/2/5/0/9/25097307/426277_orig.png?203
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: sounds good   Fixed Hair? EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 3:21

Great to see you Linda!! dancingbaby

Thanks for telling us about the hair kit Kathy, sounds like really great product!

whoohoowhoohoowhoohoo

thankyou!thankyou!thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 10:42

bearysweethearts wrote:
What exactly do you mean fixed hair ? If you are referring to styling the hair in perfect place ,especially around the crowns and hairline.I found this product works great! Every hair just smooths out almost as if It were painted on.  You can use wet or comb out dry.  There is a conditioning cream with a special brush that smooths out every single hair.

That looks like a great idea, where do you buy that kit?
Back to top Go down
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 10:44

What I was looking at was this auction, where it looks kind of like it was glued????
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=182050006984
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 11:31

Linda S. wrote:
bearysweethearts wrote:

I actually bought mine from Melissa George's website but it looks as if you can only purchase through her dealers now.  The  www.daldnursery.com  sells the hair care kit. Just go to the website and click on MG baby FX various kits and the hair care kit is listed there.  I just sent a message to  Melissa asking about what products she used in the fixed hair. Her baby is just stunning in her auction, I will let you know If I find out anything more.

Last edited by bearysweethearts on Fri 11 Mar 2016 - 11:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
April
Admin
Admin
April

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 11:34

It is somehow placed in the style then glued down into place. I've heard of people using Genesis varnishes to seal it into place but since Melissa uses airdry products I would say she used one of her sealer products. I saw someone selling a tutorial on how to do this about this time last year but she was asking a lot for the tutorial and I would be worried the sealers would need to be so thick to hold it down that they would crack and chip over time. Wish someone who has tried it would come along and share how they do it and how it holds up
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 12:11

April wrote:
It is somehow placed in the style then glued down into place. I've heard of people using Genesis varnishes to seal it into place but since Melissa uses airdry products I would say she used one of her sealer products. I saw someone selling a tutorial on how to do this about this time last year but she was asking a lot for the tutorial and I would be worried the sealers would need to be so thick to hold it down that they would crack and chip over time. Wish someone who has tried it would come along and share how they do it and how it holds up

Yes, a tutorial would be really nice. Not sure how I really feel about it, but I am interested to find out how it is done. Yes, I think that cracking and chipping might be a concern. It might work well on clay babies though.
Back to top Go down
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 12:13

bearysweethearts wrote:
Linda S. wrote:
bearysweethearts wrote:

I actually bought mine from Melissa George's website but it looks as if you can only purchase through her dealers now.  The  www.daldnursery.com  sells the hair care kit. Just go to the website and click on MG baby FX various kits and the hair care kit is listed there.  I just sent a message to  Melissa asking about what products she used in the fixed hair. Her baby is just stunning in her auction, I will let you know If I find out anything more.

Thank you for the info. I would love to find out what she used. It looks really neat on a newborn baby I think.
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptySat 12 Mar 2016 - 15:24

Melissa answered the question on the( fixed hair).  She uses babyFX last coat medium and babyFX sure bond medium, Both products are completely flexible and will never crack. They also can be used over GHS or Air dry paints. Both products can be purchased at www.daldnursery.com Hope that helps ladies! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptySun 13 Mar 2016 - 9:09

bearysweethearts wrote:
Melissa answered the question on the( fixed hair).  She uses babyFX last coat medium and babyFX sure bond medium, Both products are completely flexible and will never crack. They also can be used over GHS or Air dry paints. Both products can be purchased at www.daldnursery.com Hope that helps ladies!  bigsmile

Thank you for finding out. I think it still will take a bit of skill to get it to look like hers, but worth giving a try maybe. I think it would look great on VERY newborn babies.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptySun 13 Mar 2016 - 10:00

She may have done some painted hair in the auction baby as well, as she does state in the auction that she uses the Baby fx hair painting system in her list if supplies. Definitely, worth looking into into. Love the look!!!
I have the baby fx medium and babyFX sure bond medium, so I will have to play around with it.

Thanks for posting this question!!!
Back to top Go down
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptySun 13 Mar 2016 - 11:00

Lara wrote:
She may have done some painted hair in the auction baby as well, as she does state in the auction that she uses the Baby fx hair painting system in her list if supplies. Definitely, worth looking into into. Love the look!!!
I have the baby fx medium and babyFX sure bond medium, so I will have to play around with it.

Thanks for posting this question!!!

Maybe a future class?????
Back to top Go down
April
Admin
Admin
April

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptySun 13 Mar 2016 - 17:13

Found the tutorial that was made teaching how to do fixed hair but she is using Genesis mediums to seal from what I remember. I guess the same methods could be used and adjustments made to work with airdry mediums.
http://www.lizzystinytreasures.com/tutorials.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptySun 13 Mar 2016 - 21:26

April wrote:
Found the tutorial that was made teaching how to do fixed hair but she is using Genesis mediums to seal from what I remember. I guess the same methods could be used and adjustments made to work with airdry mediums.

That hair certainly looks glued down fairly well. I think I like being able to style it though. Do you guys like this look or no?
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptySun 13 Mar 2016 - 23:12

Lara wrote:
April wrote:

That hair certainly looks glued down fairly well. I think I like being able to style it though. Do you guys like this look or no?
I think if you applied a very sparse newborn look with a few loose sprigs of hair on top It could look real nice. Maybe even a preemie.  You wouldn't want the hairs going on to thick  because you need to place and style the hair at the same time in sections before it drys   . But It would take some practice.(lots of practice LOL..) But with most dolls I would prefer styling the hair.  I have the two mediums so I might play around with It and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
shandeni
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 11:21

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=982501041802910&id=100001290703556
This is what Melissa posted on FB about her fixed hair.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: link   Fixed Hair? EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 15:46

the link didn't work for me, I will keep trying, maybe its just my PC.

thankyou!
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 16:37

It didn't work for me either. The link may have been removed .
Back to top Go down
shandeni
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 16:41

No, it's still there, the link works for me, maybe you have to be friends with Melissa George on fb in order to see it. I'm not sure. The link is to her post on FB about how she does the fixed hair. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to copy and paste her post on here without her permission or else I would.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: no worries!!   Fixed Hair? EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 18:24

awww that's ok! I will search around and see!! Thanks! thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fixed Hair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Hair?   Fixed Hair? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fixed Hair?
Page 1 of 1