R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Enyo

Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll Empty
PostSubject: Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll   Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016 - 22:55

Hello to everyone!

While I do not currently collect reborns (haven't found that special one yet!), I have a question for the community. I'm very new and there is so much information that I got lost. I have an American Girl doll (vinyl) that I want to add dimples to. No one I know in the AG community has any idea how to do this, and since reborns are so much more detailed and realistic with the sculpting, I wanted to ask you all what you use to make indentations. Is it some kind of tool? If there is a thread/discussion about this, I'd appreciate a point in the right direction.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll   Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016 - 1:10

I'm not sure how you would be able to add dimples to an American Girl doll ... the vinyl for them is much different than what we're used to with reborns. Sometimes with reborns you can use sculpy and or liquid sculpy to add details to the dolls, such as pointed elf ears or tongues, but I have no idea how you would add dimples since they are not something added on as much as something taken away.

Sorry I'm no help. IDK
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
michellep20
Crawler
Crawler
michellep20

PostSubject: Re: Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll   Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll EmptyFri 26 Feb 2016 - 1:45

I think the vinyl on American Girls dolls is much harder than reborn kits so I don't think it would work the same way.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll   Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll EmptyFri 26 Feb 2016 - 9:32

We had a tutorial on this not too long ago.....does anyone know where it is, or can repost one? It was quite helpful.
Back to top Go down
Enyo

PostSubject: Re: Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll   Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll EmptySat 27 Feb 2016 - 5:44

michellep20 wrote:
I think the vinyl on American Girls dolls is much harder than reborn kits so I don't think it would work the same way.

The dimples would be on the face of the doll and a person can soften them considerably with very hot water. So much so that you can squeeze their heads to half the size with one hand.
Back to top Go down
michellep20
Crawler
Crawler
michellep20

PostSubject: Re: Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll   Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll EmptyWed 2 Mar 2016 - 22:15

Enyo wrote:
michellep20 wrote:

The dimples would be on the face of the doll and a person can soften them considerably with very hot water. So much so that you can squeeze their heads to half the size with one hand.

oh they're more soft then I thought then bigsmile  Here's 2 old thread from the bountiful baby forum (another reborn forum) about putting dimples in a doll. It might help you out.

http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/making-dimples/19347

http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/shirley-temple-doll-updated/26417
Back to top Go down
Enyo

PostSubject: Re: Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll   Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 1:32

michellep20 wrote:
Enyo wrote:
michellep20 wrote:

oh they're more soft then I thought then bigsmile  Here's 2 old thread from the bountiful baby forum (another reborn forum) about putting dimples in a doll. It might help you out.

http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/making-dimples/19347

http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/shirley-temple-doll-updated/26417

Thank you so much! I appreciate your help very much. :)
Back to top Go down
michellep20
Crawler
Crawler
michellep20

PostSubject: Re: Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll   Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 20:17

You're welcome! If you end up putting dimples in an american doll, I'd love to see it. wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll   Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll Empty

Back to top Go down

Adding Dimples to Vinyl Doll
Page 1 of 1