R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New to REAL

Go down 
+5
AzygousKids
Jenny In NH
AmyR777
Pflick25
bearysweethearts
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JudyF

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: New to REAL   New to REAL EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 8:34

Hello everyone. My name is Judy from Virginia USA. I'm a total newbie, haven't purchased or completed a reborn yet. But I'm very interested in jumping in..
Back to top Go down
AmyR777
Toddler
Toddler
AmyR777

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to REAL   New to REAL EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 11:39

Welcome, Judy! How did you get interested in reborning?
Back to top Go down
http://Www.reborndolls.me
bearysweethearts

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to REAL   New to REAL EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 17:35

Hi Judy ,welcome to REAL! welcome  I'm from Ferrum Virginia . So glad you could join us. lara offers wonderful classes and E books some free tutorials a little bit of everything here, so look around if you have any questions just let us know.  happyforyou!  Kathy
Back to top Go down
JudyF

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to REAL   New to REAL EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 19:13

Thank you for the welcome messages. I'd never heard of reborning until I stumbled upon some ebay auctions that featured these beauties. I've always had an interest in dolls, so I'm interesting in finding out more. I haven't found anyone yet in my local area that's every heard of reborning, either.

My son received information regarding a college in Ferrum, Virginia. It seems like a lovely place. I live in a small town calls Toms Brook. I'm kind of waiting for the weather to get warmer so that I can take this project out to my unheated garage.\

I'm wondering how did you all get started in reborning?
Back to top Go down
Pflick25

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to REAL   New to REAL EmptyWed 11 Feb 2015 - 21:51

I am new to reborning as well. I haven't completed a doll yet but am so looking forward to it, I did do porcelian dolls for years but the molds just got to heavy. Anyway I've always had an interest in Reborning and am very happy to find this forum. I'm am interested in finding out how to get ebooks also.
Back to top Go down
AmyR777
Toddler
Toddler
AmyR777

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to REAL   New to REAL EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 1:20

Judy, a very long time ago I made soft sculptured dolls. I've always loved dolls and babies. I knew about he reborn babies and one day I started googling about them and fell in love with one and adopted her. I joined some forums and bought some kits...now I'm addicted!
Back to top Go down
http://Www.reborndolls.me
Pflick25

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to REAL   New to REAL EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 9:54

I now what you mean I haven't finished my first and I already have bought 7 more kits ( haha) I really like the dvd I got on eBay Basics of Reborning with Lara Antonucci it was excellent. Just bought ebook to go with it.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: welcome   New to REAL EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 15:58

Welcome to REAL!!!

So glad  you are here!!

Get an inexpensive kit and get a beginners tutorial from Lara's store and just jump in!!! I was frozen for such a long time, wish I had told myself "JUST DO IT" ... LOL

You can get a reborn doll kit here for only $19.99   (you will need to get a cloth body and eyes if needed too)

http://www.bountifulbaby.com/

http://www.bountifulbaby.com/seaside/index/supplies?_s=feimbzPrlEhMBHsf&_k=sZBCztCN&s=genesis+paint&t=All+of+the+above+words&d=false&c=11

If you get a beginners ebook, it will list the supplies you need to get started.
http://realreborn.storenvy.com/collections/237661-ebooks

Best wishes!!! :)
Back to top Go down
Pflick25

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to REAL   New to REAL EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 16:06

Done & done
Back to top Go down
JudyF

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: HI AGAIN AND THANKS   New to REAL EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:26

I appreciate you all. It seems that we are very much alike. For one thing, I'm hesitating and part of me realizes that it is best to just jump in. With the info and tips on ebooks/DVDs, it seems to be easier to get started than what I thought. Thank you for those references and tips/websites. One thing that is confusing, does a "kit" include paint? or is a "kit" just the doll head, arms and legs? Also, what is best, a cloth body or a solid body? I"m thinking a cloth body is best for a beginner? I've seen 2 types of paints mentioned online, the genesis paints that require heating and some air paints that don't require heating. Do the doll parts fit in a toaster oven? I actually don't have a full size stove in my house, just microwave, crock pots, burner plates, toaster ovens. I imagine I should use a separate toaster oven for the dolls from what I used to cook food in??? Or if a full size oven is needed, then I can't use the Genesis paints...
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: welcome   New to REAL EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 0:23

Pflick25 wrote:
I am new to reborning as well. I haven't completed a doll yet but am so looking forward to it, I did do porcelian dolls for years but the molds just got to heavy. Anyway I've always had an interest in Reborning and am very happy to find this forum. I'm am interested in finding out how to get ebooks also.

Welcome to REAL!!!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to REAL   New to REAL EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 0:34

JudyF wrote:
I appreciate you all.  It seems that we are very much alike.  For one thing, I'm hesitating and part of me realizes that it is best to just jump in.  With the info and tips on ebooks/DVDs, it seems to be easier to get started than what I thought.  Thank you for those references and tips/websites.  One thing that is confusing, does a "kit" include paint?  or is a "kit" just the doll head, arms and legs?  Also, what is best, a cloth body or a solid body?  I"m thinking a cloth body is best for a beginner?  I've seen 2 types of paints mentioned online, the genesis paints that require heating and some air paints that don't require heating.  Do the doll parts fit in a toaster oven?  I actually don't have a full size stove in my house, just microwave, crock pots, burner plates, toaster ovens.  I imagine I should use a separate toaster oven for the dolls from what I used to cook food in???  Or if a full size oven is needed, then I can't use the Genesis paints...

Most purchased "kits" are a head, 2 arms, 2 legs - just the vinyl doll.   I would definitely start with a cloth body :).  They are the most "cuddly".  

I prefer the Genesis paints, as I think the majority of painters do. You need good brushes and quality paints for a quality reborn :)   This is an expensive hobby to start up.  I just slowly started purchasing the items I needed.  Once you have your paints/brushes that expense will quiet down.  Then its kit purchase!  I started with a sleeping baby, so I wouldn't have to deal with eyes on my first reborn.

Many ladies use a separate NuWave portable oven with EXTENDER RING for heat-setting the Genesis paints. That's what I have and I love it! Turns off when the timer is finished.

New to REAL Nuwave10

New to REAL Nuwave11

Here is a post from Lara (the owner of this forum) on the settings she uses for her nuwave oven:

New to REAL Lara_o10

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
AzygousKids

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to REAL   New to REAL EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 19:05

Welcome Judy. It's so cool to have new people interested in learning the art of reborning. You've come to a great place. The techniques are so cool now and so easy to learn. Not like 12 years ago when I started. There are so many tutorials now, that your first baby can look amazing! (I wouldn't SHOW anybody mine!)
:real: :real: :real:
Back to top Go down
JudyF

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: THANKS AGAIN!   New to REAL EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 20:21

Thanks again to all of you for the great tips. I can't wait to get started.
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to REAL   New to REAL EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 6:57

Welcome to Real Judy, you will enjoy this forum lots of helpful  ladies on here
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to REAL   New to REAL EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 2:54

A very warm welcome to you Judy! The ladies are right, and you are in the perfect place to learn all you would want to know of this art. Please let us know if you need assistance of any kind.
Back to top Go down
Carolynsdollhouse
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Carolynsdollhouse

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to REAL   New to REAL EmptyWed 12 Aug 2015 - 12:46

Hi Judy!!
Welcome to Real!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CarolynAnnDuff
Sponsored content

New to REAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to REAL   New to REAL Empty

Back to top Go down

New to REAL
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: