R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine!

Go down 
+2
Kristen
Sophia2015
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sophia2015

Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine! Empty
PostSubject: Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine!   Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine! EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 13:59

Hi everyone, nice to meet you.
My name is Dianna, I am 23, mother of 2 little boys (2 and 3) and I just adopted a little girl named Sophia who should be coming home in 6-8 weeks (next year). She is 19 inches long, which is what both of my kids were born at. I was also wondering if anyone could tell me - 19 inches, that's still newborn clothes, right?

Well, I'm looking forward to being able to talk with all of you about the cute little babies.

Dianna
Back to top Go down
Kristen
Toddler
Toddler
Kristen

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine!   Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine! EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 14:21

Hi Dianna, welcome!

Congratulations on your new little girl, new babies (reborn or not) are always fun! Especially to shop for! :D

I find 19" babies to usually fit perfectly into size Newborn. :)
Back to top Go down
Sophia2015

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine!   Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine! EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 15:33

Kristen wrote:
Hi Dianna, welcome!

Congratulations on your new little girl, new babies (reborn or not) are always fun! Especially to shop for! :D

I find 19" babies to usually fit perfectly into size Newborn. :)

Wonderful! Thank you so much for your help. I figure since I have a little while to prepare for her arrival, I can go ahead and FINALLY go pick out some outfits.

I have 2 little boys, so I feel I will not be able to have a girl like I wanted to, so when I found reborn, I found it perfect to help with my baby-fever. Can't wait to start shopping for her! :)
Back to top Go down
gnomeish

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine!   Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine! EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 22:13

You should try swap.com, they have nice/cute outfits for boys and girls for cheap. I haven't been able to find reasonable used clothes where I live and finding stuff that isn't $10 each online is difficult..... I'm getting a girl doll around the same time you are.

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sophia2015

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine!   Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine! EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 23:23

gnomeish wrote:
You should try swap.com, they have nice/cute outfits for boys and girls for cheap. I haven't been able to find reasonable used clothes where I live and finding stuff that isn't $10 each online is difficult..... I'm getting a girl doll around the same time you are.

Welcome!

Thank you very much! I will definitely check that out. :) Hopefully I can find some cute clothing for her.

I hope you enjoy your baby girl. :)
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine!   Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine! EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 13:12

If you tell us what kit your "Sophia" is made from, perhaps someone has reborned one and can be specific on the size. I agree that NB is probably right though. Do you have photos, or is she being painted as a custom?
Back to top Go down
Sophia2015

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine!   Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine! EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 13:24

pia46 wrote:
If you tell us what kit your "Sophia" is made from, perhaps someone has reborned one and can be specific on the size. I agree that NB is probably right though. Do you have photos, or is she being painted as a custom?

It's an Ashton Drake Reborn, here is the link:

http://www.ashtondrake.com/products/301881001_lifelike-breathing-baby-doll-.html

I just fell in love with her. I'd been looking for months and knew she was the one I wanted. Granted, I've read the reviews and watched the Youtube videos about her and they said her hair doesn't come out right, and sometimes the painting is wrong (because it's more factory made) but I've decided if I don't like the way she looks when she comes to me, I'll go the extra steps and do the hand painting and do the rooting of the hair myself. Just need to know where to get the coloring and the rooting tool.
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine!   Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine! EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 14:08

I will be anxious to hear your evaluation of the Ashton Drake baby. Breathing and cooing mechanism sounds enchanting. If you end up disappointed in the paint, you can always strip her and turn her into a real reborn. If that happens, there are lots of places to buy the supplies you will need and lots of ladies that will point you in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Sophia2015

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine!   Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine! EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 14:36

pia46 wrote:
I will be anxious to hear your evaluation of the Ashton Drake baby. Breathing and cooing mechanism sounds enchanting. If you end up disappointed in the paint, you can always strip her and turn her into a real reborn. If that happens, there are lots of places to buy the supplies you will need and lots of ladies that will point  you in the right direction.

Thank you! I really appreciate everyones help. :)
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine!   Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine! EmptySun 21 Dec 2014 - 14:28

Hi ,welcome to REAL Dianna :real: welcome Glad to have ya with us! hamsterdance dancingelephant  Kathy
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: welcome   Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine! EmptyTue 23 Dec 2014 - 1:32

Hi Sophia and welcome to REAL !!

It's so exciting when you get a new baby doll!!!

Cant wait to see your new little one!

happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine!   Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine! Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting ready for my little ray of sunshine!
Page 1 of 1