R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm New Here!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
78Marie

I'm New Here!!! Empty
PostSubject: I'm New Here!!!   I'm New Here!!! EmptySun 30 Nov 2014 - 22:50

Hello Everyone, I was surfing the net the other day and came across Reborn Dolls and I have fell in love. So, tonight I was looking them up and found this forum and I'm so excited to be here. I also seen that you can buy Reborn Doll Kits and I was like WOW... lol I would love to buy me a kit and make one for myself or at least try to, but I really don't have no idea how to start with the paint and all. Where is the best place to buy kits? Thank You All for allowing me to be part of this Forum and I'm soooooo excited. :)

Blessings To You All loveyou!
Back to top Go down
loretta
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
loretta

I'm New Here!!! Empty
PostSubject: I'm New Here!!!   I'm New Here!!! EmptySun 30 Nov 2014 - 23:15

Welcome this is a great forum the ladies are really helpful, if you want to start I would suggest buying an ebook first this explains everything you need to know, the paints and brushes you will need, the ebooks are on Lara's shop site I think there is a beginners class ebook.

The paints, brushes and kits you can purchase from Hunnybuns or Bountiful Babies, Lara also has online classes these are really great.

I'm sure someone else will be able to help you with anything you would like to ask.

welcome welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

I'm New Here!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here!!!   I'm New Here!!! EmptyMon 1 Dec 2014 - 1:15

Welcome to the world of reborning! Addictive and fun. I would recommend that you start with an inexpensive kit from Bountiful Baby. http://www.bountifulbaby.com/seaside/index/home?_s=tckCUgZQTsOUeMLW&_k=JMcMALiv
Look in the "Gallery" and find one that appeals to you. Closed eyed is easiest for the first baby. Bald is beautiful until you have completed one and then you might consider learning to root. A practice head is also a great idea so you can try your colors on a test head to make sure they are the right intensity. When I started, I found the most helpful tutorial (for me) was on FaceBook by Nicole Russell under "albums".. click on photos and then albums and follow along with Nicole. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Learn-To-Reborn-The-Beautiful-Baby-Way/204718992903937 Nicole has a supply list and she uses some Authentic Reborn paints in the tutorial. You can mix those colors with the regular Genesis paints if you prefer. Good luck and happy reborning. Lara's beginner's eBook is also very nice for beginners and would be a good place to start. YouTube has BUNCHES of people that have posted tutorials too.
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

I'm New Here!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here!!!   I'm New Here!!! EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 18:25

Hi, welcome to REAL Marie! welcome :real:  Yes, Loretta and Pia gave you some great advice. Look around and if you have anymore questions please just let us know. Glad you are here with us !! happyforyou! hamsterdance dancingelephant  Kathy
Back to top Go down
little hopes nursery
little hopes nursery

I'm New Here!!! Empty
PostSubject: New and thought I would say hi!   I'm New Here!!! EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 18:13

Hello Everyone. I was told about this forum by a friend of mine. I'm not an artist but I would love to try painting and see where it take me! I was looking around and saw that there are classes on here and I got excited! I can't wait to have a look around and meet everyone!
thank,
Little Hopes Nursery
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

I'm New Here!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here!!!   I'm New Here!!! EmptySun 7 Dec 2014 - 1:01

little hopes nursery wrote:
Hello Everyone. I was told about this forum by a friend of mine. I'm not an artist but I would love to try painting and see where it take me! I was looking around and saw that there are classes on here and I got excited! I can't wait to have a look around and meet everyone!
thank,
Little Hopes Nursery  
Hi Little Hopes! - Welcome to REAL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm New Here!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here!!!   I'm New Here!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm New Here!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: