R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

paint color

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kathie Mock

paint color  Empty
PostSubject: paint color    paint color  EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 18:43

Just bought the Beyond Basics e-book. It has a GHSP color in the list of paints to use and I don't have it. I did order it, but it won't get here for a few days. Please can anyone tell me how to mix a similar color or suggest a color substitute? Thank you!
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

paint color  Empty
PostSubject: Re: paint color    paint color  EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 20:54

What color is it? Also there is a section on GHSP mix recipes on the forum it may be already on there. Scroll down the home page to reborning references. bigsmile  Kathy
Back to top Go down
shandeni
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

paint color  Empty
PostSubject: Re: paint color    paint color  EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 21:34

What is the color that u need?
Back to top Go down
shandeni
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

paint color  Empty
PostSubject: Re: paint color    paint color  EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 21:40

Oops, didnt see any reply to this question until after i posted mine, i was going to suggest the same as kathy as well, but need to know what color you are needing
Back to top Go down
Kathie Mock

paint color  Empty
PostSubject: Re: paint color    paint color  EmptyThu 27 Feb 2014 - 18:34

The two colors I need are quinacridone crimson and quinacridone magenta. Thank you for helping me out. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

paint color  Empty
PostSubject: Re: paint color    paint color  EmptyThu 27 Feb 2014 - 19:06

Here ya go!    bigsmile  Quinacidone crimson [-Genesis red+ Ultra blue 4:1 ]
  Quinacidone Magenta -[flesh 04+ Quinacidone crimson 01  1:T]   T meaning just a touch.
Back to top Go down
Kathie Mock

paint color  Empty
PostSubject: Re: paint color    paint color  EmptyThu 27 Feb 2014 - 20:04

I'm confused now. Another post said quinacridone crimson is a mix of genesis red and dioxazine purple. This mix matches a photo of the paint itself on an art sight, it is very different than geneses red and ultramarine blue. So which crimson mix does the ebook Beyond Basics want us to use?
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

paint color  Empty
PostSubject: Re: paint color    paint color  EmptyThu 27 Feb 2014 - 20:13

I'm not sure which charts you are referring to, I know there are a few out there .There is a Genesis paint chart on the forum. look under GHSP recipes then scroll down and look for- check out this link every color u need. Most colors are on there. Also another one is    clayalley.com/genchart.htm.  I like this one you can make lots of colors using only 5 colors of paint. I don't have the Beyond Basic E book,but in some E books  we uses the Genesis red + ultra blue for Crimson. If Lara says use the Genesis red +purple in the Ebook then use the shades she recommends.You just need to play around with your colors and see which one works best for you and the effect you are trying to achieve.     Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

paint color  Empty
PostSubject: Re: paint color    paint color  Empty

Back to top Go down

paint color
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: Reborn Forums :: REAL Ebook Questions-
Jump to: