R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hispanic class contest

Go down 
+3
Hatchlings
jo_lil_sugars
April
7 posters
AuthorMessage
April
Admin
Admin
April

Hispanic class contest Empty
PostSubject: Hispanic class contest   Hispanic class contest EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 15:38

Requirements to enter the class are :

Any kit from Adrie Stoete

Dressed in a solid color one piece or solid color tee shirt and diaper, solid color hat or a hair bow are fine as long as we can see the face and details

Solid background, please...no props

3 photos 1 full body, 1 close up of face, 1 close up showing skin tone

If you want to enter but don't have time to root your baby please don't feel you can't enter, we love baldies too ;)

Please email your photos along with your name, nursery name and user name to my email address aprilyapspn@gmail.com

Please do not send entries through PM on the forum.

Contest will be posted for voting Thursday Feb. 13th ;)

Hope everyone enjoyed the class and I can't wait to see your babies!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Hispanic class contest   Hispanic class contest EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 21:47

I'm sorry April I won't be able to do the contest  sad 
My husband has very ill and spent a long time in ICU.... still trying to cope with everything. I will enjoy seeing all the babies  bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
Hatchlings
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
Hatchlings

PostSubject: Sad to hear about your husband Jo.   Hispanic class contest EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 17:42

jo_lil_sugars wrote:
I'm sorry April I won't be able to do the contest  sad 
My husband has very ill and spent a long time in ICU....  still trying to cope with everything.  I will enjoy seeing all the babies  bigsmile 

I am an ICU nurse in Australia. I have an idea what you're going through. It's always so hard to prepare families for what you're experiencing, because no amount of counselling on admission to ICU on what to expect, ever scratches the surface of what they're about to endure.

I hope your hubbie recovers well. Don't forget to be kind to yourself through all of it. Get plenty of rest and eat and drink well. He'll need you to be at full strength!

Don't give up working on your dolls. A creative outlet for an hour or two each day will release endorphines that will keep you sane and healthy, and help you maintain a positive attitude - it's also hard for negativity to set in when you're being creative.

Here's another thing to remember - the dolls we create are therapeutic to cuddle too. Spending 10-20 mintues cuddling a baby releases endorphines in our brains that calm and relax us (it's primitive switch in our heads - so we don't scare the baby). My ones go to dementia sufferers. So, if you're going home to an empty house, give one of your dolls a cuddle for a while.

Feel free to come chat if you want to - I keep odd hours!

God bless

Toni
Back to top Go down
Chrysalis
Toddler
Toddler
Chrysalis

PostSubject: Hispanic Class   Hispanic class contest EmptyWed 12 Feb 2014 - 18:02

April, It seems this contest is very fast. Usually we have about 6 weeks to work on the baby. I've had and still have family issues, but I'd like to participate.
Back to top Go down
Chrysalis
Toddler
Toddler
Chrysalis

PostSubject: Re: Hispanic class contest   Hispanic class contest EmptyWed 12 Feb 2014 - 18:12

I'm sorry to hear about your husband Jo. Hopefully, he is better by now. I know exactly how you feel. My husband is also in the hospital and has been since Nov 18. He is still on the ventilator after 3 months, has a feeding tube and now needs dialysis every other day. It's awful isn't it? Now, he will have to go into long term care. He is in Phoenix, so I have to drive 200 miles and stay several days to see him.

Toni, your words are very wise and kind.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Hispanic class contest   Hispanic class contest EmptyWed 12 Feb 2014 - 19:33

I'm really excited to see these adorable babies!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hatchlings
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
Hatchlings

PostSubject: Eureka!   Hispanic class contest EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 0:13

Lara wrote:
I'm really excited to see these adorable babies!!!!

I've been having computer hassles lately, so I cheated, and bought a new one, and then I discovered a new challenge - Windows 8! Its taken me a whole week to learn how to navigate my way around and to transfer my stuff over. Unfortunately, I could only send April my Hispanic Tones photos taken with my phone. (Substandard picture quality combined with my rubbish photographic skills only result in fairly ordinary photos). But today, I have good shots from my camera, which is chatting quite happily with my new computer!

For the next class, I'll actually be able to send reasonable pictures. My dolls never look the same in a photo!! It's a good thing I don't sell them - I'd earn nothing if my photos were the advert!

Have a great weekend ladies.

Toni MacLaughlin
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Hispanic class contest   Hispanic class contest EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 1:35

Did this go up yesterday? I couldn't find it?
Back to top Go down
Hatchlings
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
Hatchlings

PostSubject: Re: Hispanic class contest   Hispanic class contest EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 1:51

pia46 wrote:
Did this go up yesterday? I couldn't find it?

I sent my Photos in an email to April, to the address she gave us in the first post in this thread. australia 
Back to top Go down
lullyna

PostSubject: Re: Hispanic class contest   Hispanic class contest EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 11:32

I can't find too... sad 
Back to top Go down
http://lullynababy.com
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Hispanic class contest   Hispanic class contest EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 11:46

It's not up yet. I'm sure it will be soon. April has been super busy doing this class, the eye class, moderating the silicone class and making the GHSP lessons for the sili...man, she's like super woman this year so far!  lol 

.....oh and did I say she is making a DVD too AND opened up her store. Whew! I thought I was busy! She's giving me a run for my money!!
Back to top Go down
April
Admin
Admin
April

PostSubject: Re: Hispanic class contest   Hispanic class contest EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 12:21

Since some ladies want to enter I'm gonna run the entries a week longer. Gonna go make that an announcement right now :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Hispanic class contest   Hispanic class contest EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 12:22

Awesome!!!!  whoohoo  I always give more time, if people ask too. I like contests with more people entering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hispanic class contest   Hispanic class contest Empty

Back to top Go down

Hispanic class contest
Page 1 of 1