R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi I am new :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jenlovesdolls

Hi I am new :) Empty
PostSubject: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 15:17

My name is Jen.
I have been lurking for about a month.
I have loved dolls pretty much all my life and recently decided to try reborning.
Years ago I did paint some berenguers, but that was when it was a purple wash inside and painting on some brows and nails and a new body and you were done LOL
I have the PLBD dvd's and have been trying to practice on berenguer parts but so far no luck with it looking good.
Not sure what I am doing but I don't want to start on a good kit until I can paint decently enough on my spare parts.
I also got a starter kit from BB but the dvd tutorial seems a bit too simple and not sure if it is outdated or if it really IS that simple and I am making it more difficult.
Spent a fortune on brushes, paints, stuffings, oven, etc and think I have everything I need, just have to figure out exactly what to do!
I will stop here before it becomes a book with lots of chapters :)
Back to top Go down
KimT
Toddler
Toddler
KimT

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 16:47

Hi Jen, This is a great place to be.  Nice to have you.  Hope to see your first reborn soon.  Hugs, Kim
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/vanilabn/
jenlovesdolls

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 18:18

Thanks...that might be a long way off!
The dvd I am following doesn't really show details that I can see. Even in the close ups I cannot see the detail they are talking about on the vinyl.
I have seen their babies in auction and they are fabulous but the dvd doesn't convey it, maybe it is the lighting?

Either way, I am not having luck with skin tones and neutralizing etc. I seem to be wasting more paint and thinner than anything else :(
I don't know what I am doing wrong and I am tapped out of funds with all I spent on supplies etc so I am reading all the free stuff I can right now to try and figure it out!

I will definitely post if/when I ever get anything accomplished!
Back to top Go down
KimT
Toddler
Toddler
KimT

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 18:48

That's odd about the DVD. 

I would love to get a rooting DVD but know what you mean about being tapped out from investing in starting reborning. 

I am there and buying inexpensive kits to jump in and start.  I had to strip my babies a few times and start over, hang in there.  Just keep at it. 

Did you see the free basic tutorial on here, it's great.  Pictures are really good.  I am still learning so each baby I focus on a new skill.  My big goal now is to learn to use a crown needle LOL. 

Hugs, Kim
Back to top Go down
jenlovesdolls

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 19:51

No, I haven't seen that tutorial...I will hunt that down!

The dvd is from the UK and doesn't play in my dvd player, I have to watch on my computer so that could also be the issue!

I have a bunch of berenguer parts to practice on and so far have started over once.

I do have a BB kit and a few Paradise gallery dolls I want to reborn and a Laura Lee Eagles kit but I want to save those for when I know what I am doing because they are ones I am planning to keep for myself and I don't want to ruin them.

I have the PLBD rooting and hair painting tutorial as well but haven't looked at them yet, I figure I will watch them when the time comes rather than bombard myself with too much too soon.
Back to top Go down
KimT
Toddler
Toddler
KimT

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 19:59

Jen, go to the home page and click on Basic Beginners at the bottom of the page, then you need to pm Laura to activate you, then you will see the class on the home page.  Pia helped me find it when I joined. It's really, really good. 

Hugs,
Kim
Back to top Go down
jenlovesdolls

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 20:41

Thanks for telling me!! I probably would not have figured that out LOL
Back to top Go down
jenlovesdolls

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 20:54

It says it is a closed group and no more users are accepted :(
Back to top Go down
KimT
Toddler
Toddler
KimT

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 20:58

Awww I'm sorry.  I guess it's ending but you can buy the DVD at the store.  I know your tapped out though.  Did you see this free tutorial?  Great pics:

There is a link to click on:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Learn-To-Reborn-The-Beautiful-Baby-Way/204718992903937

I love her veins and capillary pics and everything really. 

Hugs
Back to top Go down
jenlovesdolls

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 21:04

I did send a pm and asked if it would be available again.
I spent over $100 on dvd tutorials already and $35 on e-tutorials...I can't keep buying these tutorials.

I know there are plenty out there for free, I just need to find them!
I will check that link, thanks :)
Back to top Go down
jenlovesdolls

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 21:05

LOL I have that page liked but cannot find it on my facebook UGH I really wish they would stop messing with facebook settings!
Back to top Go down
KimT
Toddler
Toddler
KimT

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 21:10

I heard several ladies lately say they have lost their pages.  Weird.  sad 

I am starting my 4th doll tomorrow.  I am going to focus on rooting and trying to make a new lip color LOL.  Let me know if I can do anything for you Jen. 

Hugs,
Kim
Back to top Go down
jenlovesdolls

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 21:12

thanks, mostly right now I am in procrastination mode because it didn't go so well the first few times I tried...I am reading anything I can get my hands on at the moment!  I so badly want to start a real kit and not mess with berenguer parts but at the same time too afraid of messing up a kit so bad I wreck it!
Back to top Go down
KimT
Toddler
Toddler
KimT

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 21:20

I'm feeling that way about rooting.  Last baby I left bald.  I am going to get a BB practice head.  I did the baby in my siggy with a regular needle and am not happy with it compared to the amazing micro rooters out there. Sigh.  We'll get there, they started like us.  It's soooo intimidating though. 

Hugs
Back to top Go down
jenlovesdolls

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 21:23

I figure I will tackle rooting/hair painting once I actually can finish painting a doll...I love painted hair and hoping to be able to get good at that then I probably won't root at all. Not sure yet. I get way ahead of myself!

I love bald babies, but I think most people want hair or at least painted hair but some sculpts I think look so good completely bald!
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 11:46

Hi, and welcome to REAL Jen! welcome :real:  You came to the perfect place to learn. Try one of Lara's Ebooks or a class.The Beginners class or Peaches and Cream ,Oh you beautiful doll ,are wonderful ones to start with.They have so much info.in them you will not be disappointed. These Ebooks are the best teaching tools out there . I know I have most of them and love them. I use them almost everyday for reference. wink ..Kathy
Back to top Go down
jenlovesdolls

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 13:53

thanks when I have more funds I just might do that...I wish I would have gotten them in the first place instead of spending all this money on all the ones I have already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new :)   Hi I am new :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi I am new :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: