R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question on using P&C ebook with a funny colored vinyl

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

Question on using P&C ebook with a  funny colored vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Question on using P&C ebook with a funny colored vinyl   Question on using P&C ebook with a  funny colored vinyl EmptySat 28 Aug 2010 - 14:58

Hi
I started to do my Alex by Jackie Gwinn. He is a strange little color. KInd of a creamy/yellowy/little orangey vinyl. I think those are the tones anyway. First of all, is it usual for this kind of vinyl to not change color much? I was using the P&C class and did exactly what is mentioned, including actually measuring my thinner etc. I did the first coat and you could not tell at all when compared to the untouched neck ring color. So, I did a second coat. Same thing, or maybe the faintest hint I mean faint hint that there had been another color added. So, I did another coat and this one seemed to almost have a yellow tone. But there was a hint of change in the color! So now I am doing the veining/shading and it is the same situation. Am I doing something wrong? or is it the vinyl? or am I using all the wrong colors and need to go strip him? I really don't want to go any further until I get some help. I tried taking pix but it does not show the problem I am talking about. You actually can't see anything but the darker veins I painted.
Can someone help?
Thanks so much
Joy
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Question on using P&C ebook with a funny colored vinyl   Question on using P&C ebook with a  funny colored vinyl EmptySat 28 Aug 2010 - 15:02

The P& C Class was done with a very neutral vinyl...not peachy or yellow at all. You may need to do a blue wash on it, so it is not so orange. Do you have a picture?
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Question on using P&C ebook with a funny colored vinyl   Question on using P&C ebook with a  funny colored vinyl EmptySat 28 Aug 2010 - 15:05

The only picture would be with the three layers of color I have already used. Would that help at all? But the neck ring is still the original color and the limb rings.
I will take one and then post it. It may take me a few minutes as I am not as adept yet with using photobucket as most people seem to be. But, I'm learning!
Thanks
Joy
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Question on using P&C ebook with a funny colored vinyl   Question on using P&C ebook with a  funny colored vinyl EmptySat 28 Aug 2010 - 15:49

Whew
I hate puters, photobucket and how dumb I am!
here are the pix , I hope they will help.
Joy
Question on using P&C ebook with a  funny colored vinyl LizzieWordenpixofAlexforLara014
Question on using P&C ebook with a  funny colored vinyl LizzieWordenpixofAlexforLara013
Question on using P&C ebook with a  funny colored vinyl LizzieWordenpixofAlexforLara015
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Question on using P&C ebook with a funny colored vinyl   Question on using P&C ebook with a  funny colored vinyl EmptySat 28 Aug 2010 - 16:28

Hmm, yes, she looks a little yellow. I would try just a flesh 07. Maybe 2 layers and see if that helps. It's not so bad that you need to do a blue wash, but if you still feel after the flesh 07's that it is too orange, do a very thin light blue wash over her with ultramarine blue real thinned out. That will take care of it for sure. Withthe P&C class, if you are using peachy or orange vinyl, you sholdn't use any yellow in your mixes, and may need to doa blue wash first to neutralize before you start.
On the Fussy class in October, it will be a good class for pink vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Question on using P&C ebook with a funny colored vinyl   Question on using P&C ebook with a  funny colored vinyl EmptySat 28 Aug 2010 - 18:16

Lara...thankyou so much! this afternoon our well pump has quit pumping so we have no water, my husband is out of town presiding at a wedding and won't be home until nearly midnite, and I was up most of the night working on my kits and then this happened. I was almost in tears!
Thanks for the advice...you will never know how much it means right now.

Thanks
Joy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on using P&C ebook with a funny colored vinyl   Question on using P&C ebook with a  funny colored vinyl Empty

Back to top Go down

Question on using P&C ebook with a funny colored vinyl
Page 1 of 1