R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi from NJ

Go down 
+2
mscenteno
Sherri G
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sherri G
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
Sherri G

Hi from NJ Empty
PostSubject: Hi from NJ   Hi from NJ EmptyThu 8 Aug 2013 - 16:34

Hi everyone! I'm coming back to the reborn community after being away for about 7-8 years. (Things have really picked up since then!) When I was originally in the hobby, I was part of a yahoo group & made a couple of Berenguer babies before other things started to take up time.

I've been doing living history for the past 3 years and started including my reborns into some of my displays and found that people really respond well to them, especially when we talk about baby gowns on boys. This got me to shopping for some new babies on eBay and - poof! - I got bit by the baby-bug again! wink 

So, here I am. I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and learning new skills!

hamsterdance 

Back to top Go down
mscenteno
Toddler
Toddler
mscenteno

Hi from NJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from NJ   Hi from NJ EmptyThu 8 Aug 2013 - 18:07

Hi Sherri -- Welcome back. Would love to see pictures of your historical displays with the babies.
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

Hi from NJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from NJ   Hi from NJ EmptyThu 8 Aug 2013 - 18:41

welcome back to the crazy world of reborns :) Nice to meet you Sherrie
Back to top Go down
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

Hi from NJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from NJ   Hi from NJ EmptyThu 8 Aug 2013 - 21:14

welcome :real: welcome 
Back to top Go down
Sherri G
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
Sherri G

Hi from NJ Empty
PostSubject: Flickr Set   Hi from NJ EmptyFri 9 Aug 2013 - 11:01

I made up a little set of my doll pics at events, so far.  

Pls bear in mind, there is no attempt to put them in 'natural' poses in any of these pics.  Usually at events, I'm so busy doing 15 million other things and I don't have too much time to spend with the babies.  Maybe someday I'll be able to set myself up as just Mommy for the day & not have to help lug boxes & set up tables!  bigsmile 

These babies are all Berenguers (which I'm sure you can tell) and they've only been 'enhanced' with weighting pellets, my attempts at blushing and nail tips, a wig & glue-on lashes.  

Red Cross nurse, WW I Display -- The brunette is Benjamin Milton.  He's wearing an 1870's infant gown, a corded bonnet,  2 petticoats, a pilcher & soaker (2 layer diaper system, tied on around the waist), and soft leather mocassins.

My basket case - This is Wulfric Brian. (Yes - named after Albus Dumbledore.  Don't blame me - my husband named him.)  In this pic, he's in the 1870 gown, but he usually wears a 1770 outfit and no shoes.  It's just the same as the Victorian outfit, but made of plain muslin & less frilly.  

Mourning baby - My poor little departed one is Reagan Elizabeth and she's laying on a repro parlor 'cooling table'.  She was my first baby and I evidently did such a good job on her coloring that she passes very well for a day-old deceased, according to my funeral director friend.  When I asked him advice on how to 'deaden her up', he said, "Don't do anything more with her, she's good like she is."  eyeroll  Gee, thanks.  This was supposed to be my good-looking sleeper baby!  

And the alien baby was just for a lark - he's a Baby Blinx that was sold in Spencers about 10 years ago.  He's not enhanced at all, just wearing the antique gown.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62643870@N04/sets/72157634998832044/
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

Hi from NJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from NJ   Hi from NJ EmptySat 10 Aug 2013 - 14:24

Hi Sherri ,Welcome to REAL and back to the world of reborning,welcome :real: I enjoyed your pictures so much. The displays are amazing. Everyone seems to be having a wonderful time. The outfits are beautiful! thanks so much for sharing.bigsmile  Kathy
Back to top Go down
Carolynsdollhouse
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Carolynsdollhouse

Hi from NJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from NJ   Hi from NJ EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 21:44

Hi Sherrie
Welcome to Real

Carolyn
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CarolynAnnDuff
Sponsored content

Hi from NJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from NJ   Hi from NJ Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from NJ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: