R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from Knoxville, TN

Go down 
+9
Lara
Aviva
live4trauma
sweetsherrie112
stonehillnursery
rebecca
pmorris
Poppy
littlehatchlingsnursery
13 posters
AuthorMessage
littlehatchlingsnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
littlehatchlingsnursery

Hello from Knoxville, TN Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyThu 19 Aug 2010 - 2:00

I am fairly new to all of this. I belong to one other forum and a couple of Yahoo Groups. I am working on rooting my third doll. My first rooting was way too thick, the second one has just peach fuzz because I hated it and pulled it all out and that is what was left on the head. This one is going a little easier but I still think I am a little heavy handed. I am hoping it will all click and I will catch on soon. I am starting to get a little stock pile of kits. I absolutely love the painting. I made porcelain dolls for years when I lived in California but that was 12 years ago, I am hoping to get back into making them too and using some of the painting techniques on them.

I love to crochet and sew, including smocking. I do a little knitting but get bored with it because it takes so much longer.

I work for our local Police Department as an NCIC Operator and I am allowed to crochet between radio calls which is really nice, some nights I get a lot done and other nights I don't. We raise bloodhounds and I am absolutely in love with the breed and can't imagine my life without one in it. We do Search and Rescue with the two older females and have a couple of pups we are hoping to get trained and active also. Training take 1+ years before they are able to go on live calls. We have applied to the Sheriff's Department in the next county to become reserve deputies and are to go get sworn in tomorrow. This is just so they will use our dogs for searches in their county.

I am happy to be here and hope to pick all of your brains for info. I am looking forward to being able to take one of Lara's classes.

Pam
Little Hatchlings Nursery and Boutique
Back to top Go down
http://www.littlehatchlingnursery.com
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyThu 19 Aug 2010 - 2:05

Hi Pam, welcome to the forum welcome would love to see pics of the babies you've made so far! I find rooting the hard part too, but I'm sure with practise we will get there bigsmile That must be so rewarding working with the bloodhounds, would love to see some pics of them wave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyThu 19 Aug 2010 - 8:43

Welcome! Wow! Your a very busy lady!! You will love it here, Lara ia a great teacher!
Back to top Go down
pmorris
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
pmorris

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyThu 19 Aug 2010 - 23:20

Hi Pam, Welcome! This is a wonderful, helpful group of ladies (I haven't heard from any men...that I am aware of). I am also new to reborning. We actually sound like we have a lot in common...even our name LOL. Enjoy the group, there is a lot of knowledge here. Pam (Stork's Landing Reborn Nursery).
Back to top Go down
http://www.storkslandingrebornnursery.com
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: newbie   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyFri 20 Aug 2010 - 9:21

Hello Pam, its good to have you bigsmile I think its a cool job when you can work with K-9s and I know you must love the job you have . I also think its a cool thing to be able to have time to incorperate your hobbys at the same time if you can.I know you are going to enjoy it here. Glad to have you.
Hello from Knoxville, TN Lg2candi
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
stonehillnursery
stonehillnursery

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyFri 20 Aug 2010 - 11:01

Welcome to our group...
hugs,
Carmen in nj
welcome
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyFri 20 Aug 2010 - 11:49

Hi pam you sound just like me except I don't work outside the house .... I started out painting ceramics then moved on to porcelain I loved both had painted for years and years When I found reborning i feel in love and haven't looked back the one thing I can say is I thought that this was going to be easy but soon found out that they painting technic's are so totally different from reborning lol. looking forward to seeing your baby's ... and welcome .....Sherrie
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com
live4trauma
Toddler
Toddler
live4trauma

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptySat 21 Aug 2010 - 19:27

Hi Pam and welcome to our group. I have been reborning for about a year and too I find that rooting is the hardest part. I too have a heavy hand but over time it does get better. Still haven't got to the sparse look down yet but at least they don't have a full head of hair. You're going to love th forum, it's full of wonderful ladies that are always here for the helpful hand. Ask as many questions that you need and don't be afraid to. Again welcome. Would love to see pic of you babies and there is a forum for the furry babies too. Love bloodhounds, grew up with a neighbor in NJ that raised and trained them for the local police depatment. They are so cute, love them when they find their little voices and try to out do each other!!!

Debbie
Back to top Go down
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: WELL HELLO FROM NEW TAZEWELL, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyFri 17 Sep 2010 - 14:50

HI THERE NEIGHBOR. whoohoo MAYBE IF WE GET ENOUGH PEOPLE IN THIS AREA WE CAN DO SOME STUFF...I DON'T KNOW WHAT...MAYBE DOLLY STUFF...LOL WELCOME,,,, wink welcome
Back to top Go down
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: WE HAVE EVEN MORE IN COMMON   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyFri 17 Sep 2010 - 14:55

I ALSO LIVED IN CALIFORNIA ABOUT 16 YEARS AGO...(DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS THAT LONG) I DON'T HAVE BLOODHOUNDS, BUT A BEAUTIFUL VERY, VERY SMART GERMAN SHEPARD. I CAN'T GET MY HUSBAND TO STOP TREATING HER LIKE A HUMAN..SHE'S GETTING HYPER AND OVER EATING. BUT WHEN SHE WANTS OUT, SHE WILL COME AND GET YOU AND TAP YOUR HAND WITH HER NOSE AND THEN RUN AND HIT THE DOOR KNOB WITH HER NOSE. SHE DID THAT AT 3 MONTHS OLD WITHOUT ANY TYPE OF TEACHING. wHEN SHE COMES DOWNSTAIRS I SAY 'GET UPSTAIRS GINGER' AND SHE FLOPS DOWN IN THE FLOOR AND INCHES HER WAY TO THE STAIRS..JUST HOPING I WON'T SEE HER IF SHE'S THAT LOW. SHE'S FUNNY.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyFri 17 Sep 2010 - 16:23

Hi, Pam!! so happy that you are here! welcome I actually lived in CA as a kid myself, outside SanFrancisco. That was like in the 70's though! lol...anyway, it will be great to get to know you better. Be sure to show off your boutique creations in the boutique section, also! I would love to see your smocking!!!! That takes some talent!!! wave
Back to top Go down
lindalou
Crawler
Crawler
lindalou

PostSubject: hi pam   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyFri 17 Sep 2010 - 22:40

welcome Pam,
I just finished my first class here. Lara is amazing, and such sweet people here. I am glad you found real.
linda
Back to top Go down
Marie-Neige
Toddler
Toddler
Marie-Neige

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptySun 19 Sep 2010 - 3:17

Welcome with us Pam happyforyou!
Back to top Go down
http://nurseriedesneiges.universdemarieneige.com/
angelicbundles
angelicbundles

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptySun 19 Sep 2010 - 13:17

Welcome Pam! It's nice to see you here with us! You will love Lara's classes and the ladies here are sooo sweet! loveyou!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/angelicbundles
littlehatchlingsnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
littlehatchlingsnursery

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyTue 28 Sep 2010 - 0:44

thankyou!
Thank you everyone for the great welcome. I am really glad to be here and need to get on here more often. I am just now registering for my first classes with Lara and am very excited.

I have had an exciting couple of weeks, I got to go to Colorado and then Wyoming to my neices baby shower, she is expecting identical twin girls. We had a very good time and it was nice to see my Mom and Sisters. Since then they have put my neice on bedrest due to starting to dilate and only being 30 weeks along, we are praying she and the girls can hold off for 6 more weeks.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten any painting done in the last few weeks, I have been trying to finish up all orders I have for clothing so I can once again get back to painting. I have just also ordered a ton of fabric to make some sewn outfits and get away from the crocheting for a while. I will try to get some pictures posted as I finish up outfits. lookwhatimade

Hope everyone has a great week.

Pam
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: new   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyMon 4 Oct 2010 - 20:49

Hello and climb on board, its a sweet world. welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010 - 22:54

A belated welcome to you Pam. I'm on the other end of Tennessee, but we stay in Knoxville about 4 or 5 times a year - never have really visited - but I do love your Hobby Lobby.

That is wonderful that you can do your police dispatch and sometimes crochet - the excitement of your work and the calming effect of crochet are a good balance.

How is your niece's pregnancy coming along - hope all is well.
Back to top Go down
littlehatchlingsnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
littlehatchlingsnursery

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyFri 15 Oct 2010 - 1:20

Lyndies*Lovies wrote:
A belated welcome to you Pam. I'm on the other end of Tennessee, but we stay in Knoxville about 4 or 5 times a year - never have really visited - but I do love your Hobby Lobby.

That is wonderful that you can do your police dispatch and sometimes crochet - the excitement of your work and the calming effect of crochet are a good balance.

How is your niece's pregnancy coming along - hope all is well.

Hi Lyndie, Next time your our way we should get together for lunch or dinner.

My neice Dionna is doing well, they are saying the girls are weighing about 4 pounds each and they are hoping she can maintain the pregnancy another 5 weeks. Thank you for asking.

Hope your having a great week,
thankyou!
Pam
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyFri 15 Oct 2010 - 21:46

Oh that is great news about the identical twins girls - only a few weeks to go, and the hardest time I'm sure.

We plan to visit Biltmore before the end of the year and my hubby is so supportive - I hope we can get together - I'll bring a baby (which a nice excuse to travel with one of my little ones).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Knoxville, TN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: