R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings from a Newby

Go down 
+2
jo_lil_sugars
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

Greetings from a Newby Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from a Newby   Greetings from a Newby EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013 - 12:08

Hello:

My name is Angela and I love babies and have one of my own who is going on 4. I came across reborn dolls on Ebay about 3 years ago and was fascinated by how real they look. Then, in spring of last year I saw a story about them on the news and started researching about them. I've purchased several on ebay. I am an artist but have mostly worked with pencil and paper, and rarely paints. I decided last summer that I wanted to learn how to make reborn dolls and I want to learn to be very good at making them. Been searching the web and reading, learning, and looking for forums where I can ask the pros questions, so that I can learn how to be the best at this that I can be. I feel that one of the best ways to learn is to ask those who have been doing something for a while and have learned the pros and cons of the trade.

I have purchased some older Berenguer dolls on Ebay to practice on.

Right now I am researching what the best paints might be and what the best tools are. I have decided due to the situation of baking the dolls in the oven I wish to go with air dry paints. Those who have worked with air dry paints, which so far are the best? Which air dry paints stay on the doll long-term and have the best quality? What is the best method for stripping factory paint off dolls before painting? Do you recommend purple wash inside doll heads or no, and why? Do you wash the outside of the doll with purple or another method, or none at all, and why? I want to learn from what others have tried.

My forum name is a working title, as I haven't settled on a permanent name for my doll creations yet.

Thank you very much for any advice! thankyou!

Angela
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a Newby   Greetings from a Newby EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013 - 20:35

welcome :real: welcome
You will love it here, everyone is so friendly and very helpful! If you are interested in the air dry paints, then you can purchase the online class that is coming up on here for air dry painting. Here is the link:
http://realreborn.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=68
Back to top Go down
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a Newby   Greetings from a Newby EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013 - 23:22

jo_lil_sugars wrote:
welcome :real: welcome
You will love it here, everyone is so friendly and very helpful! If you are interested in the air dry paints, then you can purchase the online class that is coming up on here for air dry painting. Here is the link:
http://realreborn.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=68

Thank you so much, Jo.

PS: Your babies are beautiful!
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a Newby   Greetings from a Newby EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 0:19

Awwww... thankyou!
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a Newby   Greetings from a Newby EmptyWed 27 Feb 2013 - 12:04

Hi and welcome to REAL!! welcome :real: Glad you could join us bigsmile Kathy
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a Newby   Greetings from a Newby EmptyWed 27 Feb 2013 - 12:08

Hi and welcome to REAL!!! You will love it here! :real:

I am sure that April and I can put together a mini tutorial on the air dry paints even before the class starts. I bought the new ones by Stephanie Sullivan. I used them for my tutorial in Discovering Dolls Magazine and I really liked them!!!

Here's the link to the paints:
http://www.hunnybunsrebornsupply.com/_art___magic_of_reborns____water_borne_paints
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a Newby   Greetings from a Newby EmptyWed 27 Feb 2013 - 12:12

Hi and welcome to REAL!! welcome :real: Glad you could join us! bigsmile Kathy
Back to top Go down
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a Newby   Greetings from a Newby EmptyFri 1 Mar 2013 - 20:14

Thank you, ladies! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Michelle73
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a Newby   Greetings from a Newby EmptySun 3 Mar 2013 - 21:57

Hi and :real: welcome ....so glad you could join us! As far as air dry paints go I didn't like the ones I started out with which were Luminaries but I hear that the Water Bourne air dry paints by Stephanie Sullivan are wonderful so that would be a good start as Lara suggests. You will learn lots here as I have and taking the classes is VERY helpful and they are informative and easy too. Can't wait to start seeing some of your babies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roseecheeksrebornnursery.net
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a Newby   Greetings from a Newby EmptySun 3 Mar 2013 - 22:45

Michelle73 wrote:
Hi and :real: welcome ....so glad you could join us! As far as air dry paints go I didn't like the ones I started out with which were Luminaries but I hear that the Water Bourne air dry paints by Stephanie Sullivan are wonderful so that would be a good start as Lara suggests. You will learn lots here as I have and taking the classes is VERY helpful and they are informative and easy too. Can't wait to start seeing some of your babies.

Hi Michelle, thank you for the kind welcome! I too have heard not so good things about the Luminaires paints, so am planning on avoiding those, just to be safe. But I am really interested in the Water Borne paints and have heard good things all over the web on those. I hope to start practicing on my first doll (a Berenguer) soon. Am collecting supplies and can't wait to start. I plan on asking you all a lot of questions, if you'll put up with me. thankyou!

Angela
Back to top Go down
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a Newby   Greetings from a Newby EmptyMon 4 Mar 2013 - 2:09

welcome :real: welcome glad to have you here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a Newby   Greetings from a Newby Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from a Newby
Page 1 of 1