R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just Got My "Baby"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cindy Joy
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
Cindy Joy

Just Got My "Baby" Empty
PostSubject: Just Got My "Baby"   Just Got My "Baby" EmptyThu 1 Nov 2012 - 21:52

I am brand new here & just received my new baby!!! I am so excited... I know the first step is to wash her in warm soapy (Dawn) water... My question is:

Her body is all one piece... Will water get inside??? How do I put her eyes in??? Should I remove her head???

I bought her from Bountiful Baby... She is a "second" Blinkin girl (anatomically correct body)...

I have purchased both books, but not sure they address these questions...

Also, if I am not posting in the right thread, please direct me to the correct one...

PLUS I got some of the equipment that I needed from Goodwill...

Well, I tried to post a picture of her, but couldn't figure it out :{
Back to top Go down
http://csjoyphotography.weebly.com
Lil
Crawler
Crawler

Just Got My "Baby" Empty
PostSubject: your baby   Just Got My "Baby" EmptySun 4 Nov 2012 - 4:50

Hi Cindy. I am new here, too. Actually newer than you, and inexperienced.

Didn't know you could buy an is it a completed baby doll that you bought? If so, how come it doesn't have the eyes in yet? If you are really clueless, and as inexperienced as I am, you can start by watching videos on youtube until you can get a dvd/dvds on reborning which i would recommend even if we have the free ones on youtube, just so you can see the sequencing.

If you got a doll kit, like how they usually come (blank/unpainted, no hair, no eyes, etc, only head, arms and legs, or with body), then how come the head is already attached but doll has no eyes yet? What level are you in reborning, are you as inexperienced as I am?

PS Just in case you haven't watched them already, there are youtube videos on reborning such as painting with genesis heat set paints, purple washing, understanding the color wheel (although I haven't watched the entire thing), hair rooting, weighting the reborn doll, etc by Nikki Holland, etc. oh, and yes, your question, inserting eyes on a reborn doll, i believe there's at least one there, too.

Perhaps you could also post your questions on the forum with "mentoring" in its topic/description. I hope i'm right about this :-), just trying to help.
Back to top Go down
Cindy Joy
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
Cindy Joy

Just Got My "Baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Got My "Baby"   Just Got My "Baby" EmptySun 4 Nov 2012 - 10:24

Good Morning Lil ~ Yes, I am really very NEW... This is my first baby... I don't know why it call all assembled or without eyes... That's just how she came... I did find out though that I do take her apart & start the process just like any other baby... I have been doing all the research on these little babies as I can... I haven't purchased and of the DVD's yet though... I have purchased both eBooks that are available, but it didn't show any baby like the one that I purchased... I also did a search on uTube & still couldn't find one like my baby... However, Karen has been very helpful & explained things to me...

Good look with your first baby!!! Finally, I will get to start the process on mine today...
Back to top Go down
http://csjoyphotography.weebly.com
Sponsored content

Just Got My "Baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Got My "Baby"   Just Got My "Baby" Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Got My "Baby"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: