R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm new here and saying hello to all

Go down 
+8
rebecca
sweetsherrie112
sweetlilangelsnursery
Poppy
barb
stonehillnursery
Stephanie
Aviva
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

I'm new here and saying hello to all Empty
PostSubject: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptySun 13 Jun 2010 - 13:04

Hi, My name is Vivian and I go by that, Viv or Aviva, whichever pleases you to call me. :o)
I've been reborning for about 2 years. I haven't put any on ebay because of just being unsure of myself. I have sold some dolls locally and to friends and family. I will be doing Pooky by Petra lechner this coming week for a high school friend from back in the l960's. She will be my second Pooky as I have one that is my personal keeper. I think she is just adorable. BTW I live in TN close to the Kentucky and Va. borders and about 45 minutes from Knoxville. I just love it here.
Personal info is I'm not well as I have systemic Lupus and widespread neuropathy and fibromyalgia. I also take care of my mother who suffers from Dementia. So if you don't hear from me for a few days...it might be something from any of those things that's got me down. I think that making these babies is what has kept me going. Anyway...very warm hello to all of you.
Back to top Go down
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: did I goof up?   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptySun 13 Jun 2010 - 13:08

I think I might have messed up. If I did...just delete my post... I'm new here and saying hello to all 407547 I love the icons you have.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie
Toddler
Toddler
Stephanie

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptySun 13 Jun 2010 - 13:51

Hi ya Viv! I am a fellow Kentuckian, though a ways from you I think. I live in South Central Ky. about an hour north of Bowling Green. I am a web designer by day, dollmaker and crafter by night. Doll making is VERY new for me as I am on my first baby and I am so excited. I have never done this sort of painting before, but my husband says I paint everything in the house that isnt nailed down haha! Anyway glad to have you and you will LOVE it here. The ladies are so sweet and supportive you will be one of us in no time! welcome :tumbingbabe:
Back to top Go down
http://www.hypercowebsolutions.com
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: Hi Kentuck!!   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptySun 13 Jun 2010 - 14:07

Hi Stephanie,
I was born in Middlesboro...very close to Cumberland Gap. So you design website? oooooooo I think I need one of those if I can get organized enough. I have a problem of buying too many baby clothes lol. They are all new and nice. I've had to wash a few as the reborns have them on at times and I worry about dust etc. I have them all over down stairs and my husband said...no to any upstairs or else I'd have them all over up there. lol I'd love to take one of these classes. Not sure how to sign up, but I wished I had known before spending over 300.00 on new kits from dream babies. They had a 20 percent sale on everything. That put some of the designer eyes down to what a nice pair of Eyeco's would cost. So I bought some. I got the Noah kit by Reva Schick and Celeste Toddler by Adrie Stoete (I've been dying to get one of her sculpts) and I got Alisha by Birgit someone...lol the baby is very cute. and I got the Enny head by Elisa Marx. I hope I got them right. I had some arms and legs that went to Benjamin by Adrie Stoete, so I'm using those on the Enny head for a true one of a kind baby.
Did you go to school to learn about web designing? I try stuff, but mess it up. I've got templates that I don't know what to do with them since I haven't made it to Ebay as a seller. I belong to Realistic RebornArtist (very good one) and you can put them up for sale there for 15.00, but they remain until they sell...there is no relisting or anything. If it takes 6 months..then that's what it takes. Maybe I'll mosie on over there and put a couple up. Nice meeting you.
Back to top Go down
stonehillnursery
stonehillnursery

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptySun 13 Jun 2010 - 14:17

welcome welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
Stephanie
Toddler
Toddler
Stephanie

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptySun 13 Jun 2010 - 14:20

If ya need a website or ebay template I'm your girl! I would love to see some of your clothes. I am in the middle of making pillowcase dresses for my girls. Also my best friends girls. I make bows as well and will do the dresses, bows, and matching purses. Since I am waiting on eyes for my baby I will probably work on that this weekend.

I would love to see some of your babies!
Back to top Go down
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: oh boy   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptySun 13 Jun 2010 - 16:01

I went to your website and you do amazing work. I decided to go check out the sweet lil angels site to see how it navigated. It's a pretty big site. It's too bad you can see the pictures on the Realistic Reborn Artist site. I have about 65 pictures up there. Can you show pictures here or do you have to do it by private emailing? I just finished a Kinsley and before I even started I thought..'why did I order this kit??? ugh...I did what I could, but before I started I thought she kinda looked a bit like a monkey lol. That's mean I know, but sometimes I could just kick myself in the pants. I just was thinking about selling some clothes, but my problem is that I have a problem letting them go. When I sell a baby it gets a large layette. So of course I'm losing money right and left. lol oh well....I do need some business cards for sure. I have people wanting my number and I'm always hunting for a pen..it would be so much easier and more proffessional to have a card to hand them. Also the beauty salons have okay'd for me to put a baby in their shop..well it would be nice to have business cards to leave with them. That has stopped me from putting the dolls out and about town. I'm also talking with a box company about ordering white doll boxes. I thought they would have to print the name of my nursery, but they mentioned sticker type label which made a lot of sense. I can't wait to get my Noah sculpt. Have you seen it? Reva Schick does amazing work. I think Noah is the smallest one at 19 inches.
Back to top Go down
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: steady walker   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptySun 13 Jun 2010 - 16:17

can I ask why you picked that handle? I wished I was a steady walker. I think I have fallen about 6 times this year..just plain clumbsy I guess. Anyway thank you for the waarm welcome I'm new here and saying hello to all 837677 I'm new here and saying hello to all Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
Stephanie
Toddler
Toddler
Stephanie

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptySun 13 Jun 2010 - 16:19

Noah is actually one of my favorite sculpts. I love Reva's work. You can add photos on this site where you post a message the 15th icon over from the left or the 8th from the right, is a small photo with a save symbol on it. Click that and follow the directions :) that should allow you to add photos. That is how I add mine.

As for the business cards, I do cards, labels, banners, you name it. There is pricing on my site for a stationary package. If you get a site I give a discount on the stationary pricing.
Back to top Go down
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: well,,,I'm too dumb to do this   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptySun 13 Jun 2010 - 17:31

I can't figure that out. Maybe my photos are too large and I don't have a way to shring them. That's the only thing that I think might be wrong. I've been messing with this for 35 min..
Don't know if this worked or not, but I just copied and pasted ?? lol Whew..okay I took that back out. why was it so big?? It's like about 2 or 3 inches. I'm glad I could delete it. whew.

Last edited by Aviva on Sun 13 Jun 2010 - 17:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: uh oooo   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptySun 13 Jun 2010 - 17:33

That came out huge. OMG...it looked small..I should have previewed it, but I didn't so now I don't know how to delete it.
Back to top Go down
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: picture hosting   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptySun 13 Jun 2010 - 17:51

https://servimg.com/images.php This place came up and they are letting me use their space sor some of my pictures. See if you can see them from there. I'll give your my info if needed.
Back to top Go down
barb
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
barb

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010 - 9:38

Hi Viv, Welcome to the forum. Im sure you will love it here. Look forward to seeing some of your babies. Nice to meet you welcome welcome
Best wishes Barb
Back to top Go down
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: an Aussie   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010 - 12:17

I would love to go to Australia (hope I spelled that right) but are there a lot of snakes there? I'm new here and saying hello to all Affraid
Nice to meet you Barb and I'm already very happy with what I've seen and learned and the very nice people that I have met so far. I'm new here and saying hello to all 154408
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010 - 16:41

Hi Viv, welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here and I look forward to getting to know you better too wave
Back to top Go down
sweetlilangelsnursery
sweetlilangelsnursery

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010 - 17:32

Hello! Viv, Welcome to the forum. I hope to get to know you. welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetlilangels.com
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: H Sarah   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010 - 18:33

I think I'm getting confused with the names in the left column...I thought 'steady walker' was someone's handle, but that was a greeting from yesterday...Is Poppy your handle or does that mean something else.? Thanks for the welcome. I'm new here and saying hello to all 837677
Back to top Go down
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: whoops   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010 - 18:38

now I'm very confused. I could have sworn I saw Poppy, steady walker,
now 'sweetlilangelsnursury' I don't see your name or nick name..Do I call you sweet? and are you from Va.?
Back to top Go down
sweetlilangelsnursery
sweetlilangelsnursery

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010 - 19:54

Sorry Viv, My name is Sharon. (sweetlilangelsnursery). Yes, I am from Gainesville Virginia but orginally from Myrtle Beach, SC. I should be going home to SC. around this time next years. ( miss the fabulous weather and the sandy beaches).
Back to top Go down
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: Hi Sharon   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010 - 19:58

I've been to your website a couple of times. Thinking of getting one, but I'm so darn unorganized it's pathetic. I take care of my mom and they have upped my doses of Neurontin and I can't organize my thoughts or my house. It's terrible. About the only thing I can follow through on is reborning..so that's what I do. I'm new here and saying hello to all 163660 (I'm really being serious here....but I'm grinning)
Back to top Go down
sweetlilangelsnursery
sweetlilangelsnursery

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010 - 20:54

Viv, I know that feeling quite well as I take care of my two grandchidren a boy 6 and a little girl who is 3. They give me a run for my money. Hopping all the time. At 52 I was not expecting to help raise two small children again! My daughter and her husband really needed me so I agreed and am actually enjoying it. They are only young once!!!

Angel Kisses,
Sharon
Back to top Go down
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: Lordy   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010 - 22:05

I did the same thing when I was your age. I took my 3 mo. old grand daughter and her older sister of 7 for 5 weeks...took them to Florida. I was 50 at the time and I thought I just wasn't gonna get that darn car seat out of the back seat again. She gained up to 16 pounds and it's hard toting that thing around. lol If it wasn't for her sister helping when she got home from school I don't know what I would have done. Mom wouldn't be so hard, if I was well. She has a small apt. downstairs and wants me with her all the time and I have a three bedroom upstairs that needs my attention badly... I guess a lot of it is 'out of site, out of mind'
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010 - 22:07

Aviva wrote:
I think I'm getting confused with the names in the left column...I thought 'steady walker' was someone's handle, but that was a greeting from yesterday...Is Poppy your handle or does that mean something else.? Thanks for the welcome. I'm new here and saying hello to all 837677

My nickname for the forum is Poppy but my real name is Sarah... you will see under people's nickname they have a certain number of stars shaded in from 0 to 5. You will have none shaded in as you have just starting posting on this forum, but the more you post, the more stars get shaded in. When you start out, you are called a "newbie", then when you get your first star you are called a "preemie", then with two stars you are called a "newborn" and so on until you have done quite a few posts on the forum and you get 5 stars and are called a "steady walker", hope this makes sense bigsmile
Back to top Go down
sweetlilangelsnursery
sweetlilangelsnursery

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010 - 22:11

Viv,
I'd let the bedrooms go and just spend quality time with Mom. My parents are ailing and I know they will not be her to much longer so every chance I get I take the 1 hr. ride to spend time with them. Then, I really am behind but it's worth it in the end. So, just let the dust bunny collect!!!

Angel Kisses,
Sharon
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010 - 22:18

Welcome hon so glad you found us.... sherrie
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: Oh thank you   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010 - 22:44

I'm new here and saying hello to all 837677 That explains it to me pretty good. Poppy..how cute..it that from the pretty poppy flower? Sarah and Sharon. I just love how friendly everyone is here and there is so much information to help us. I wished I had stumbled upon this a long time ago. I might be in a different place by now.
I know it's more important to be with mom. I get pulled a bit between my husband (he's been so good about this, but it's been pretty much 24/7 for 11 months now since the dementia has gotten worse)and mom. she forgets that I'm married and she forgets I'm her only daughter too. I'm new here and saying hello to all 602954 but I know it's not her. She thinks I'm her cousin at times. She's only 77 and I think she has this problem becasue she was a mirgraine sufferer and took a medicine called caforgot. It would shrink the vessels in her brain etc. It went on for about 25 years and then finally stopped and now this.
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: hello   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010 - 21:34

Hi Viv, I am happy to have you on board and will be posting to welcome you and everyone who has come in sense I have been on a long break. It is good to have you and enjoy the journey. :welcomeI'm new here and saying hello to all Logo2010
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010 - 22:51

Welcome Viv! Its nice to have ya here!! welcome
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010 - 20:39

Viv, do you have a photobucket account? That is the easiest way to post pictures.
Back to top Go down
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: photobucker   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010 - 20:45

I did try that for some reason I just couldn't figure it out. I have a lot of pictures on facebook and I think here on Yahoo there is a place I've stored pictures and I have them on the Realistic Reborns Artist Forum...about 65 of them...but I can't figure out something as simple as photobucket.. I'm new here and saying hello to all 594282 Exactly which forum here can I post pictures. I did get it in here, but it was so large and I couldn't ffigure out how to resize it. I'll look around and see if I can find a place here and try it again.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010 - 20:55

In the reborn section there are forums for gallery, just to show off or to post ebay listings, and there are 2 different critique sections also.
Back to top Go down
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: here we go again lol   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010 - 21:29

I'm new here and saying hello to all 1277338910I got to keep a sense of humor. Yes I have a photobucket account and yes I have pictures there. Let me see if this works.https://2img.net/h/i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww321/Aviva49/1277338910.jpg[img][/img]

No...that didn't work...geeeze...
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010 - 21:31

Well your pic worked, well done!! A cute wee baby too, what sculpt is that one?
Back to top Go down
Aviva
Toddler
Toddler
Aviva

PostSubject: she's not shiny   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010 - 21:41

I'm new here and saying hello to all 1277338911I tried some eyebrows on her and they looked like groucho marx, so I cleaned them off and then put some thinning medium on her face to even out the color. She dried..lol I have another of her if I can try this one more time. Oh..okay I got it, but the pictures are a bit large I think.
This is the Pooky Sculpt by Petra lechner and the vinyl is Real Effect. I just love this baby and have one of my own and a friend wanted one, so of course taking payment I'll have all kinds of troubles. the head got too hot...dipped and then folded...she has a real feeling softspot that is hard..lol. Anyway I messed up on her nails..and I'm going to redo those and I;m ordering a new kit. phooey. This is the first time something like this happened except the first one I did, I forgot and left her head soaking all night, so the vinyl pulled a bit when I rooted her...still she's cute.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: hi   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptySun 11 Aug 2013 - 12:43

Hi Viv and welcome to the forum!! Your gonna love it here! :)

welcome :real: welcome 
Back to top Go down
Carolynsdollhouse
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Carolynsdollhouse

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 21:43

Hi Viv
Welcome to Real. I am so far behind with posting. Sorry this is late

Carolyn
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CarolynAnnDuff
Dragonflykissez
Dragonflykissez

PostSubject: Hello Viv   I'm new here and saying hello to all EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 19:06

Hello Viv, I am new here too. Nice to meet you. :)

Liz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm new here and saying hello to all   I'm new here and saying hello to all Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm new here and saying hello to all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: