R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi everyone!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cherry-blossom78
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
cherry-blossom78

Hi everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hi everyone!   Hi everyone! EmptySun 5 Aug 2012 - 14:34

I just wanted to say hi to everyone!

This looks like a very active forum with lots going on and a great community to be part of. I look forward joining in!

A little bit about me...

I first started reborning babies in 2008 after being introduced to the world of realistic looking baby dolls when I watched THE TV documentary you're probably all familar with! I thought - WOW - what a great hobby, where do I get started?! I did a bit of research and ended up buying my first kit - Tasha Edenholm's 'Joey' sculpt from BB with all of the bits and bobs. I got the bug for it immediately and started collecting kits.

Although supportive of my hobby, providing I didn't keep the babies for myself (boo-hoo!), my husband did suspect that I had ulterior motives when I kept dragging him into the baby sections of shops to coo over all of the little outfits for my creations...

And a year later my daughter was born!

bigsmile loveyou! bigsmile

I hung up my painting pinny when she was born and only just recently rediscovered my hoarde of blank sculpts during a clear out. I thought, 'What the heck,' one afternoon when she was at Grandma's, chose a kit and set up the kitchen table with my paints. That was a few months ago and the kitchen table has not been seen since, under the blanket of kitchen roll, paints, brushes and sponges!

My most recent baby is Shyann, my first custom order and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this sculpt... loveyou!

I've spent pretty much every spare minute that I've had (thank goodness for the great British summer weather which has kept me indoors) on reborning and I also decided to set up a blog to showcase my babies and works in progress, and to hopefully show how my technique is improving with each that I complete.

If you get the chance, please take a look.

Have to scoot - family need to be fed!
Back to top Go down
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

Hi everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Hi everyone! EmptySun 5 Aug 2012 - 16:57

happyhappy Hi Kiki, So glad you joined RealReborn and got started back on this great art. I love your progress photos and blog of beautiful little ShyAnn. She is one of my favorite sculpts. Your method of painting the hair and then rooting sparsely looks great. I know you will love chatting and learning here on Real. whoohoo :real: bigsmile

Last edited by Groovyday on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 18:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Julita
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Julita

Hi everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Hi everyone! EmptySun 5 Aug 2012 - 17:52

Hi Kiki! Welcome to the group! I'm pretty new to reborning and the group but I know you're just going to love it here!!!

Julita
Back to top Go down
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

Hi everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Hi everyone! EmptySun 5 Aug 2012 - 20:57

welcome :real: welcome Kiki
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

Hi everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Hi everyone! EmptyFri 10 Aug 2012 - 20:47

Hi and welcome Kiki!! :real: welcome Kathy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Hi everyone! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: