R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prayer and Praise

Go down 
+2
SharonR
Orange_Grove_Nursery
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

Prayer and Praise Empty
PostSubject: Prayer and Praise   Prayer and Praise EmptyWed 29 Feb 2012 - 1:54

I've had a lot on my mind lately and completely forgot to ask for prayer about a week ago, my washing machine died on me. I have no idea how old it is, because my aunt gave it to me after the washer & dryer I had previously died, which was about 5 years ago. Thankfully, my Mom has been gracious enough to wash my laundry for me! On the praise end, my husband is due to get a bonus check on Friday (it's not something we can count on every year, just if the company has been doing well). We're praying it will be enough for us to get a new washer. Then, when our tax return comes, we're hoping to be able to get a new dryer. My dryer only has one setting anymore "High Heat". It has been shrinking a good majority of our laundry, so it's time to get a new one before we have to replace everyone's entire wardrobe!

Another praise: my husband got the job he interviewed for!!!! Prayer and Praise 162105 Prayer and Praise 162105 Prayer and Praise 162105
It is closer to home so it will mean less travel time and less spend on gas (his old job was a 40-45 minute drive one way in good weather). Benefits start right away, he gets 2 weeks of vacation to start, and the best part about it is, he won't be unemployed even for one day. My husband's current job is over on Friday and his new one will start on Monday! Perfect timing. God is so good.

It might be selfish to ask, but I'm also praying that we'll have enough tax return money to go to Orlando, FL in August for a BIG Star Wars convention (Star Wars: Celebration VI). I think everyone here knows what a HUGE Star Wars nut I am, so this is a big deal for me (these don't happen every year, usually once every three). But, we have a lot of things that MUST be paid for, and I'm afraid we won't have enough after things like replacing the shingles on our roof, getting a new washer and dryer, paying the summer property taxes, etc. I really need this R&R, I'm sure any Mom can relate!
Prayer and Praise 506571 Prayer and Praise 538573
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

Prayer and Praise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer and Praise   Prayer and Praise EmptyWed 29 Feb 2012 - 4:03

Woo hoo !!! What a relief it must be that your hubby got his job!

weeeeee! weeeeee! weeeeee! weeeeee!
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

Prayer and Praise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer and Praise   Prayer and Praise EmptyWed 29 Feb 2012 - 5:55

That's fantastic news Rachel happyhappy whoohoo
Back to top Go down
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

Prayer and Praise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer and Praise   Prayer and Praise EmptyWed 29 Feb 2012 - 10:55

YAAAAYYY...so glad your hubby got the job.... happyhappy

Listen....I don't know if you live close to a Home Depot or Lowes....but I am a huge CLEARANCE fan!!!!

I got both my washer and dryer from their marked down merchandise....they don't match...but who cares????

My washer is grey and my dryer is black!!!! lol

Actually my washer WAS red....the warranty still applies to marked down merchandise...the washer broke one year and TWO weeks after I bought it....it was a Samsung....and even tho it was past one year...they honored the warranty and gave me a new washer!!!! (Red had been discontinued...and they didn't make black...so I got grey....the dryer is a Maytag!!!)

AND.....we ALWAYS try to get the price down some....it NEVER hurts to ask....and all they can say is no.....

Luckily for us.....we got them down some on each appliance!!!

(I bought the dryer....and then about 18 mo later had to get the washer)

We want to redo my kitchen....hopefully in the next year or so....and I have already bought my range hood!!!

They had it marked down on a kitchen display...from $2600 to $1200.....my hubby offered them $700 and they took it!!!

It is stored in the garage until we need it!!!
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

Prayer and Praise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer and Praise   Prayer and Praise EmptyWed 29 Feb 2012 - 15:33

Thank-you, ladies. Yes, it is a huge relief to know he got the job! We're really excited about it. Of course, that makes it hard for him to drag himself to his last 3 days of his old job, especially since there isn't much to do there.
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

Prayer and Praise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer and Praise   Prayer and Praise EmptyWed 29 Feb 2012 - 19:23

Rachel there are worse things than having nothing to do for 3 days and getting paid for it plus a bonus! LOL
I am so glad he got the new job.....one more thing to click off the prayer list......thankyou Father! Now onto the laundry!
Have faith.....if you need it......you will get it.....if you need the vacation you will have it....if you just want it....depends! lol
Just keep on trackin ahead honey, you guys have the right spirit!
hugs
Joy
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

Prayer and Praise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer and Praise   Prayer and Praise EmptyWed 29 Feb 2012 - 19:25

Thanks, Joy! That's the thing, I want the vacation so much, it feels like that's all it is, but I really do need to get away. Since we've been married (9 years, going on 10), I can probably count on one hand the number of vacations we've been able to take. Prayer and Praise 571757

UPDATE: My husband called and said he got his bonus check today and it was bigger than we had expected! Woo-who!!! Prayer and Praise 162105 Prayer and Praise 162105 Prayer and Praise 162105
Back to top Go down
Dianne1227
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Dianne1227

Prayer and Praise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer and Praise   Prayer and Praise EmptyThu 1 Mar 2012 - 2:46

Yay! Happy for you on the job and the bonus. happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

Prayer and Praise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer and Praise   Prayer and Praise EmptyThu 1 Mar 2012 - 22:28

Prayer and Praise 837677, Dianne.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prayer and Praise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer and Praise   Prayer and Praise Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayer and Praise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: Non-Reborn Forums :: Prayer requests-
Jump to: