R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Preemie Contest Rules

Go down 
+11
photolady70
Lyndies*Lovies
Dollswest
Groovyday
With Love Nursery
rebecca
bearysweethearts
babyblossom
Lynknursery
Karen
Lara
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Preemie Contest Rules Empty
PostSubject: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012 - 14:34

OK, gals, now that everyone is starting to finish up their preemies, I am going to set the rules for the contest.

Kits allowed are : Maive and Julie Wosnjuk
Real Effect Mini kits.

You may enter one mini and one preemie to teh contest. max 2 entries per person.

Photos must be submitted to me through a pm only (no emails, or they will not be in the contest)
I will start accepting photos at March 13 and will stop taking submissions March 15th 12 pm EST.

Please submit:
1-One full body picture. Baby must be in a plain onsie, or naked, if you want to show your umbilical cord. No props, no hats or ribbons in hair. Baby may be on a blanket.
2-One close up of your choice
3-One close up of hair rooting or hair painting

You will get a confirmation from me that I have recieved your 3 pictures, and that they fit the criteria. If something needs to be changed, I will let you know.

Prize for this contest is a free Paige by Joanna Gomes, Limited Edition SOLD OUT KIT!

Good luck, ladies!!!! whoohoo

Last edited by Lara on Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 18:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012 - 15:26

No identifying marks on pictures or blanket, either, right? We have some new ladies this time around and just wanted to make sure they knew they can't watermark their pictures or use a blanket with nursery name on it, etc. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012 - 17:48

when did it change to being a plain onsie etc? That means I have to change my outfit for the 7" too?
Back to top Go down
http://lynkproducts.com.au
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012 - 18:01

Lyn I have a plain onesie that is for a 10 inch I could send you if you have time to alter it?
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012 - 18:16

You can also make an allusion to it being naked through the use of the blanket, etc. In other words, show some skin, man! lol
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012 - 18:19

That's if Lyn has a belly plate for her tiny preemie IDK
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012 - 18:20

If you don't have a plain onsie, then use a onsie that you have for the 7", as I know they are hard to find or need to specially made. This is just for the full body shot, so we can see as much of the skin, belly plate, umbillical cord, etc., as possible. We really want to judge this one on the skintone and rooting of the baby. bigsmile

And yes, Karen, no watermarking, or using a blanket with your nursery name on it. I have done editing in the past and taken names out, but we are getting so busy here, that I really won't have time to resize or edit photos anymore, so I appreciate you gals, taking your nursery names for the contest. thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012 - 18:22

Thanks but looks like I will be going sewing, I have fabric and pattern thanks Kym, just need to buy some white ribbing.. She was in a lovely hand knitted christening set. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012 - 18:24

Lynknursery wrote:
Thanks but looks like I will be going sewing, I have fabric and pattern thanks Kym, just need to buy some white ribbing.. She was in a lovely hand knitted christening set. Oh well.

And she'll sell well in that same set, Lyn. Even if you planned to keep her or give her to somebody, its a wonderful thing to have on her.
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012 - 18:55

I know I asked this before and Lara said it was okay, but since some things are changing, about the twins Julie and Mavie, if you have both can they still be used in the same picture as twins.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012 - 19:21

bearysweethearts wrote:
I know I asked this before and Lara said it was okay, but since some things are changing, about the twins Julie and Mavie, if you have both can they still be used in the same picture as twins.

Yes, absolutely! We had Max and Samaria as twins in the last preemie class, so, it's only fitting that these two can be photographed as twins!!! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012 - 20:08

Well I hope that all the future contest want be with just a onesie on because personally I prefer cloths or cute outfits, but you are right for the AP needs to be close up to show all the details on the skin and hair. I to had already went out and bought a nice little two piece outfit but will put on her later for the going home thing. This is the best way to do this one now that I think about it. But not all I hope. wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012 - 20:11

Lynknursery wrote:
when did it change to being a plain onsie etc? That means I have to change my outfit for the 7" too?

IDK Me too!!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012 - 21:47

rebecca wrote:
Well I hope that all the future contest want be with just a onesie on because personally I prefer cloths or cute outfits, but you are right for the AP needs to be close up to show all the details on the skin and hair. I to had already went out and bought a nice little two piece outfit but will put on her later for the going home thing. This is the best way to do this one now that I think about it. But not all I hope. wink

You can still show off her cute outfits to everyone on the forum after the contest is over! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012 - 23:42

I know you are right but the little cute outfits we love so much to pose them in for the contest. I will just save the outfit until after and show her in, I would of bought them anyway. she is hopefully gonna sale at some point. wink
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyWed 29 Feb 2012 - 3:47

I would just like to know why and when the rules changed? And as Karen said in the other thread this is probably the only one so why make the change ? Why not keep it as it has always been of any outfit of choice? Keep the onsies to the non class contests.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyWed 29 Feb 2012 - 8:57

Just want to be able to see the skintone better and not all covered up by outfits, is all. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyFri 2 Mar 2012 - 0:30

My opinion doesn't matter because I never seem to finish my babies on time for the contests lol but if I do I will modify a newborn onesie just for contest pictures :)
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyFri 2 Mar 2012 - 0:33

Lara wrote:
Just want to be able to see the skintone better and not all covered up by outfits, is all. bigsmile

I can understand this. This could also benefit everyone, because outfits can alter the way a baby is viewed. Some colored outfits don't compliment babies and can hurt your presentation and be s distraction to what voters should really be paying attention to so nuetral is best.
Back to top Go down
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptySun 4 Mar 2012 - 15:00

I understand it is important to judge just the quality of the reborn painting. But, I am disappointed that this new ruling wasn't posted before the class started. I spent alot of time this month thinking about a preemie outfit, searching for a preemie outfit, searching for preemie patterns and crocheting a preemie outfit. Oh well.......... sad
Back to top Go down
Dollswest
Crawler
Crawler
Dollswest

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyThu 8 Mar 2012 - 16:13

Not sure I will be brave enough to put my little one in or not. This is my first reborn. And I am not through with the rooting.

But about the onesie, do you mean absolutely plain, no writing or appliques on it? Or do you just want it so the limbs show? I have not seen onesies around my area so I will have to order something. So I would like to know what to look for. I have seen some online but they are polka dots or have a little saying on the front but the color is plain. Is that okay?

Since I am new but will be taking other classes, should I just look for onesies for my other dolls, like the Native American and Asian babies too?

Thank you,

Cynthia
Back to top Go down
http://www.dollswestdesigns.com
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyThu 8 Mar 2012 - 16:22

Do you have a Walmart near you? I get mine from there. They have a variety of sizes. As for getting some for your other reborns, this is my way of thinking, so just take it with a grain of salt. When my live children were babies, I never put clothes on them without a onesie or a t-shirt on under the clothes. I do the same thing for my reborns. So, although you won't need them for the contests for the other classes, its always a good idea to have them for your reborns. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Dollswest
Crawler
Crawler
Dollswest

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyThu 8 Mar 2012 - 18:17

I have a super Walmart down the street from me but it did not have onesies in preemie size. I already checked there and everywhere else in town. And yes, I live in a small area. So I was going to order one.

Still, my question is: can the plain onesie have writing or an applique on it?

Thank you,

Cynthia
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyThu 8 Mar 2012 - 19:23

Dollswest wrote:
I have a super Walmart down the street from me but it did not have onesies in preemie size. I already checked there and everywhere else in town. And yes, I live in a small area. So I was going to order one.

Still, my question is: can the plain onesie have writing or an applique on it?

Thank you,

Cynthia

My understanding is no.
Back to top Go down
Dollswest
Crawler
Crawler
Dollswest

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyThu 8 Mar 2012 - 22:26

Okay, thank you. I know what to look for from now on.

Second question is: what size photo do we send in? 640x480 or larger? What does Lara want?

This is just in case I manage to getting the rooting done, which is taking me tons of time.

Thank you again!

Cynthia
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyFri 9 Mar 2012 - 0:24

Dollswest wrote:
Okay, thank you. I know what to look for from now on.

Second question is: what size photo do we send in? 640x480 or larger? What does Lara want?

This is just in case I manage to getting the rooting done, which is taking me tons of time.

Thank you again!

Cynthia

800 x 600 is the generally accepted size.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyFri 9 Mar 2012 - 2:56

I don't have preemie onesies but I did put a newborn size one on mine and I made it work, didn't look too bad. wink

The idea of the onesie is not to distract from the doll itself. So as plain as possible. wink
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyFri 9 Mar 2012 - 19:17

I expect that deciding on a plain 1Z, at this point, will cause some people to not participate.

These skinny limb kits don't look good in just a 1Z - they look cold and even the NB Gerber Onsie is way too wide and gaps around the neck. I would not think of entering a contest with it.

I did not do the 7" baby, but that would need a custom made 1Z for sure. Easy enough if you sew and can draft your pattern - but time consuming even if you do. I have thousands of pieces of fabric, but I don't think I have any white knit. That's a 140 mile trip or a week wait for an online order.

I didn't like the first contests with no props, I certainly wouldn't like this one. No one on Ebay sells dolls in just a plain white onsie in the photos - in fact you hardly ever even see one picture like that.

I'm not going to enter this contest, I'm just glad I read the rules changes now instead of next week.

Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyFri 9 Mar 2012 - 21:27

I do agree with you Lyndie, however I am going to enter it as thats so exciting always but just to see a lot of onesies doesnt' quit seem normal to me either. Maybe no props would have been okay but no cloths, eyeroll
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 1:08

Can a white diaper be used with the onesie.If you have a belly plate you need one to help hold it on?
Back to top Go down
photolady70
Toddler
Toddler
photolady70

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 2:26

For some of us new ones, this is a good thing cause we haven't had time to build up our wardrobes yet. It costs so much money to get all the supplies to start reborning...paints, brushes, rooting materials, etc. Fancy outfits are later down the line on some of our budgets. And it would be nice to know that the winning baby was chosen because of excellent skill in painting and rooting...not based on the cutest outfit. IMO anyways...doesn't make it right. I'm fairly new here and probably shouldn't say much since it's my first contest, but I actually love the idea and so do some of the other new girls who have been talking to me. Guess I got chosen to be loud mouth and post this for the new ones... bigsmile
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2lnursery.com
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 4:12

photolady70 wrote:
For some of us new ones, this is a good thing cause we haven't had time to build up our wardrobes yet. It costs so much money to get all the supplies to start reborning...paints, brushes, rooting materials, etc. Fancy outfits are later down the line on some of our budgets. And it would be nice to know that the winning baby was chosen because of excellent skill in painting and rooting...not based on the cutest outfit. IMO anyways...doesn't make it right. I'm fairly new here and probably shouldn't say much since it's my first contest, but I actually love the idea and so do some of the other new girls who have been talking to me. Guess I got chosen to be loud mouth and post this for the new ones... bigsmile

I think you are 100% right about this - the contest should be based on the painting and rooting as that was the class was for.... but.... I think the problem is that this is upsetting some of the ladies who have been here longer and taken part in more contests because they are use to the rules being the same every time - every class they have had to organise a lovely outfit to show off their baby the best. So these ladies searched for the perfect outfit to present their babies with, only to be told a couple of weeks out from the contest that this time it is different and they have to use a plain onsie. It's not an inconveniece for the new girls because some wouldn't know what the rules have been and probably didn't have it planned the same? Just my guess.... ? It hasn't been a concern to me because I haven't even got through painting my baby for the contest, but I can understand their point of view that it would have been nicer to have been warned about the change in rules earlier bigsmile .
Back to top Go down
LittlePunkins
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
LittlePunkins

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 9:35

Lyndies*Lovies wrote:
I expect that deciding on a plain 1Z, at this point, will cause some people to not participate.

These skinny limb kits don't look good in just a 1Z - they look cold and even the NB Gerber Onsie is way too wide and gaps around the neck. I would not think of entering a contest with it.

I did not do the 7" baby, but that would need a custom made 1Z for sure. Easy enough if you sew and can draft your pattern - but time consuming even if you do. I have thousands of pieces of fabric, but I don't think I have any white knit. That's a 140 mile trip or a week wait for an online order.

I didn't like the first contests with no props, I certainly wouldn't like this one. No one on Ebay sells dolls in just a plain white onsie in the photos - in fact you hardly ever even see one picture like that.

I'm not going to enter this contest, I'm just glad I read the rules changes now instead of next week.

I agree..... There is nothing wrong with showing the limbs, etc for painting. You can certainly show your work in close ups of hands, feet, but IMO, overall presentation is what sells a baby. That includes dressed and posed as pretty as possible. With the skinny limbs on these preemies they look like a turtle on its back to me.
Would have been fine if the rules had been changed or stated up front but most of of did take the time and effort to make or purchase outfits for the contest in particular
I did not enter the other naked baby contest, just personal choice, and will pass on this one also
Good luck to everyone entering, can't wait to see all the gorgeous babies!
Back to top Go down
http://littlepunkinsreborns.com/
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptySat 10 Mar 2012 - 10:31

LittlePunkins wrote:
Lyndies*Lovies wrote:

I agree..... There is nothing wrong with showing the limbs, etc for painting. You can certainly show your work in close ups of hands, feet, but IMO, overall presentation is what sells a baby. That includes dressed and posed as pretty as possible. With the skinny limbs on these preemies they look like a turtle on its back to me.
Would have been fine if the rules had been changed or stated up front but most of of did take the time and effort to make or purchase outfits for the contest in particular
I did not enter the other naked baby contest, just personal choice, and will pass on this one also
Good luck to everyone entering, can't wait to see all the gorgeous babies!

I agree that presentation sells the baby. That's why the auctions on Ebay are so fun to look at...the props and the wardrobes...all add to the baby. BUT, it can also be misleading. We aren't doing contests to see how well people can present. It's a painting class, not a presentation for Ebay class, so painting and rooting is what should be judged.

Even with the princess and Indian class coming up, where I know wardrobes will be a big factor in how well people like a certain baby...I hope people keep in mind that we are still supposed to be judging on the painting of the doll. With fancy outfits, sometimes that is hard to keep in mind.

Anyway, we just have a couple more days until I start accepting pictures! I am very excited to see all the cute lil babies!!! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptySun 11 Mar 2012 - 22:25

I personally never judge a baby on the cloths they ware, if the baby is done according to the lessons presented and voted the best baby then the clothing just seems to be a natural part of the whole picture. I think we have always showed the babys dressed up and very close up photos of the entire limbs feet, hands, ect.. I just hope we keep it as we have done over the past few years, its good if one would like to show their baby in just a white diaper shirt and or diaper but not so much fun on our end when we love to dress our babies. Don't want to step on no toes here but have to agree with the keeping the cloths on the babies. I know this is probably going to be the only one but still not so much joy for me with the cozy cuddley part being missing. wink
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012 - 18:30

Sent my entry in! Good luck, ladies!
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012 - 18:34

Oh gosh I am pushing uphill on this one. Too tired last ngiht to do any rooting, and my head is only a third done, hopefully can get it finished tonight and assemble enough for pics.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012 - 20:33

Lyn, as long as your pictures look like the rooting is finished, no one but you will know if there is a bald spot in teh back! lol
Come on, get those pictures in! bigsmile

We have 4 entries so far, and I just love the naked baby pictures! I think their little bellies look adorable. bigsmile

Good luck everyone! happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyWed 14 Mar 2012 - 3:11

My baby isn't finished sad but I'm looking forward to seeing all those sweet preemies!! happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyWed 14 Mar 2012 - 7:12

Woohooo, I got my rooting finished, now to take photos tomorrow in the daylight.
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyWed 14 Mar 2012 - 7:14

Lynknursery wrote:
Woohooo, I got my rooting finished, now to take photos tomorrow in the daylight.

whoohoo
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyWed 14 Mar 2012 - 8:33

I hope you have more sunshine than I've had Lyn bigsmile
Back to top Go down
loretta
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
loretta

PostSubject: Premmie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyWed 14 Mar 2012 - 8:46

Hav'n been able to finish my painting for the comp. tantrum too many family problems

good luck to all of you can'nt wait to see the lovely babies

whoohoo whoohoo

Back to top Go down
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyWed 14 Mar 2012 - 15:14

whoohoo Got my photos done and sent to Lara! Whew! happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Capegills

PostSubject: Still Painting!   Preemie Contest Rules EmptyThu 15 Mar 2012 - 9:44

shoppin mom

I can't wait to see everyone's babies! I'm still painting, and a Newbie, so it's going to take me quite a while to root my darling. I started a new job, and I'm only getting a few hours a week to paint. It's nice to have money comming in again though. Oh well, I'm off to the shower for work. Have a great day all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preemie Contest Rules   Preemie Contest Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Preemie Contest Rules
Page 1 of 1