R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~

Go down 
+11
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Joy Franklin
debora jenkins
Trish
Lynknursery
bearysweethearts
LittlePunkins
babyblossom
Poppy
Karen
Tinabloomfield
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ Empty
PostSubject: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptySun 5 Feb 2012 - 1:36

I need some prayer for my daughter Malissa. She has not been feeling well, and we are seeing a lot of signs of type 1 diabetes in her. I have also found out that not only is it on my side of the family in every generation, but also my husbands, and Ijust found out about his side this week....we've been married for 25 years.!!~
So now for the next two weeks I have to test her blood sugars....4 times a day, before each meak, and at bed time. Doctor says he does NOT want her sugar over 110.....and today was our first day, and I am already not liking the numbers. the lowest was 111, and the highest...so far, was 135, and that was watching everything she has eaten today. I am so frustrated right now....this is the absolute last thing I need,or she for that matter. She is being a good sport, and she is even tried one poke all on her own today. She has grown up watching all of my sisters with diabetes, and now she may be falling in line with them. At least now I know why she keeps passing out, and she is constantly thirsty. She is also eating it seems like every hour...and Im not kidding. This kid puts away more food than my twins ever thought of!!~ With all of that said, now I am worried....about the changes we may have to make in her diet. Diabetes is not something to fool with, and now I am really going to have to watch what she eats. My poor baby....everything she loves...fruit especially, we have to cut back, and give her more protein, and slower carbs. I just hope and pray that this is just her serious growth spurt she has made....in the last three months...she has gained 10 pounds....and grew allmost 4 inches.....doctor also drew blood to check her pituitary gland. That is where my tumor was in 1996....so just to be safe. Please lift us up.....Thank you
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptySun 5 Feb 2012 - 1:56

Keeping Malissa and you in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptySun 5 Feb 2012 - 4:13

Oh no.... I will be praying for you both too - you don't need anything more to worry about.
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptySun 5 Feb 2012 - 4:18

Will keep praying for you all Tina wink
Back to top Go down
LittlePunkins
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
LittlePunkins

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptySun 5 Feb 2012 - 11:20

loveyou! Praying....
Back to top Go down
http://littlepunkinsreborns.com/
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptySun 5 Feb 2012 - 13:35

Sending prayers and hugs Tina prayer loveyou! prayer loveyou!
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptySun 5 Feb 2012 - 18:15

Oh Tina I sure hope not, not at such a young age as it means she will be insulin dependent from the word go. At least mature age onset (type 2) which I have is not as bad, and so far mine is controlled wtih tablets each day but I know the day will come when I will probably end up having insulin shots daily (Mum does). It seems to be more of a lifestyle change in people with type 1 diabetes though. Hope all goes well for Malissa.
Back to top Go down
http://lynkproducts.com.au
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptySun 5 Feb 2012 - 21:40

I have had Diabetes, Type 2, for 22 years (i am now 74) It is hard yes, but I am still going well. everything working as it should. I have been on insulin now for the last 9 years, and it is not so hard, once you get into a routine, and you do not need to cut out anything very much, just be aware and careful........if you have something that is high in sugar, you just need to be aware of it and compensate. In other words cut down on sugary foods.

I have a slice of cake or a biscuit, but only a small piece or 1 biscuit. I have found if you crave something have it, I even have a piece of chocolate from time to time. (I am a chocoholic) and I find I am ok, I just don't overdo what I have.

But yes it is hard on a young girl, but it will surprise you how well she will take it, once she gets used to what she has to do.......I am here let me know if you need any advice....... oho notfair notfair
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptySun 5 Feb 2012 - 23:32

thanks for the words lynn and trish. On my side of the family, we have childhood onset type 1 diabetes, and type 2 also. My hubby has just type 2. So far her sugars are yesterday...before breakfast she was 120, before lunch she was 126, before dinner 111, and before bed 134. Today her numbers for the same times were 105, at wake up, before lunsh was 131, she was 145 at dinner time, and just now 119. Looks like she is all over the place. I don't know if her numbers are bad....but I dont like them as the doctor says that wake up she should be under 100, and she has not done that either day, and that she was not to go above 110 period. I dont like this at all. Ive spoken to the only aunt I have left, who has type 1, and she was diagnosed at Malissas age. She has educated me on the things to avoid, with starchy foods, and sugars, and what to compensate with. Right now she is eating a lot of protiens, and slow working carbs. I sure hope they get to the bottom of things with her....she is doing well with the finger pokes....she does them all on her own, and charts her blod sugar.I might as well start her off right now....even without a definative diagnosis, so that she gets used to it being a routine....in case. Looks like the glycemic index will be our best friend. I don't want this to change my child...I only want it to add to the dimensions in her life. It is very important to me that she remain healthy, and she knows this. I will keep you updated.
Thanks to all of you for your support....at least her numbers so far arent 200...I think I would pass out!!~ LOL
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: prayers   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptySun 5 Feb 2012 - 23:39

I am sending prayers for your family.
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 0:04

Definitely will keep you all in myprayers.
My now 13 year old grandson Austin was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes two days before his 3rd birthday. He has had an insulin pump since he was 3 1/2 and has done fantastic. The hardest of it all was on his mom (our daughter Sarah) and dad. We never watched what Austin ate too closely, just dosed according to what he had ingested. As a result he has never been overweight, is now a huge nearly 6 foot kid.....and has an A1C that my husband should aim for! Austin's is usually 5.5 range whereas Tom's is usually in the 8s! LOL

Helps that Sarah is a NICU nurse, that I am a Peds ICU nurse and that we live near the U of M where Sarah works and I did before retirement. The pump gives extraordinary control and also extraordinary freedom.

when Austin was diagnosed his islet cells had ceased to excrete insulin completely. So we never went thru the period of "watching" if we had "watched" he would be dead.

hugs
joy
Back to top Go down
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 0:18

YES IT IS NICE TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE AND THAT YOU ARE ALSO NOT ALONE.
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 0:49

wow Joy!!~ I am so glad you shared this with me. as parents we always worry about stupid stuff....bumps, scratches, and the sort. My twins were born ealry and my healthiest children. Miss Mousie on the other hand, was born at 42 weeks..plus and had no water, had been leaking for some time...but they could never catch anything. She was born my healthiest...but has always been my sickly baby. In and out of the hospital, with reactions to vaccines, she has has roseola, which is a form of measles, she has had chicken pox, 15 times, and that was before meeting our infectious disease doctor, and him finally doing a biopsy, because everyone else kept telling me it was flea bites....how the heck can yuo have fleas...with no animals at the time? I dont know. She has been passing out, for several years now, and it has happened a lot this year, with her growth spurts. The only reason the doctor has NOT done formal testing....is that she doesnt seem to fit ALL of the criteria. But...then again, she has never been "normal" now has she? LOL. I just hope they find out what is going on, because I really don't want whatever is going on with her....to end up being detrimental. For ONCE....I just want to "catch something" in the early stages....if I can, so I can get on top of this now, before she does get older....and end up with a coma, like my sister did, before they diagnosed her. That was no fun for any of us to see. She was at my house, at a birthday party for my daughter malissa when she turned 5 years old. She had been seeing doctors for years....and nothing. I had noticed, that she had not come out for cake, and came into my home to see what was going on....to find my baby sister...out in a chair. I could not wake her. we called an ambulance, and she was taken to the hospital, and then she was diagnosed, but only after at least 10 years of being Ill. She didnt fit "the normal criteria" so they never tested her.....and that folks is what I am afraid of most. I don't want her doctor....to push things off, because she may not be showing every textbook sign. I want them to test her...because of what she is going through, period. Please keep us in your prayers, all of this is weighing heavily on my mind, and I cannot rest, until I know what is going on with my baby girl.
Luv you all...Tina
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 2:37

Tina, I have just done some conversions as we work in mmol when checking BSL, and we are supposed to be under 6 (108) fasting [over 7 (126) fasting is classed as confirmed diabetes] and stay between 4 (72) and 8 (148) even after eating.

the 145 you quoted is just over 8 and 120 was under 6 fasting, so it is not as bad as we first thought (from my perspective anyway)
The best way to check is ask the doc to give a glucose tolerance test. That will check how high the BSL goes at intervals up to 2 hours after ingesting the glucose. It is supoposed to remain under 11 (198). If it goes over 11 then out ehre is again confirmed diabetes.

I had a reading the other night of 13 after my supper, which in mg/dl is 234, but mostly I am ranging from 6 thru 9 which is 108 to 162.

We start really worrying if our readings are constantly 11/12 (198/216) or more, up to mid 20s (25 = 450), then it is way too high. My carer is constantly sitting on the equivalent of 250 thru 450 and is likely to have to go onto insulin. Is a matter of getting his doc to see him (him get to the doc that is). My Hb1Ac at last chceck was 6.8 and my endocrinologist said if I go over 7.0 then he will reassess my medications. I see him on Wednesday............. lol.

Oh and I did not show all the text book signs either, I never got up to pee in the middle of the night when pregnant so why start doing it in my 40s, I kept getting thrush (hadn't had since my hysterectomy years earlier) and as my carer was diabetic I had access to a BSL meter and I checked my levels at various times same as you are doing. They reckon they caught my diabetes in the early stages as I had been so vigilant and it is only now about 4 years or so later that diet alone is not controlling it for me and gone onto diabex tabs (1000mg at dinner time). At the time of being placed onto the diabex I was showing a Hb1Ac of 6.0 but throwing hgh readings of an evening. Slowly but surely my 1Ac is now climbing.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 12:18

Will be praying for you and your daughter. Type 1 is scary stuff, so I really pray it's not that. ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ 646879 ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ 646879 ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ 646879
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 14:03

I have called the doctor back and she is going to be formally tested this week. I pick up the lab slip tomorrow morning. Before going to bed last night she was at 150, and this morning upon waking she was 135. Just don't know. At least I hope to have a more difinative answer, by the time she goes back to the doctor on the 14th.
Back to top Go down
tanya1975
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
tanya1975

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 14:59

Praying....
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 18:21

Oh Tina ... I am so very sorry to hear about this! Prayers going up for your lil one! And your entire family! I have Type 2 and it really stinks but I just can't imagine being in charge of one of my youngsters with Diabetes, because I know I am NOT that great on disciplining myself on foods. It will be a challenge much more knowing it's your child counting on you for those choices ... I am sure that will be a challenge, but you are a wonderful mother, it seems, so I have no doubt that you will do just fine, IF it ends up being this ... and if it IS, try to look at the positives of finding out before it's too late ... especially if she's having bouts of passing out ...
Ohhh LOTS OF PRAYERS YOUR WAY!!!
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 20:50

am glad they are going to test her, at least it will give you a definite answer one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 21:17

Lynknursery wrote:
am glad they are going to test her, at least it will give you a definite answer one way or the other.

I agree ... they should WANT to know for sure as soon as possible ... be sure to let us know!
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 21:19

They are going to do a metobolic panel on her, as well as urinalysis, and diabetes screening, and her TSH levels. I am so relieved. My auntie says this is exactly what the doctor needed to order!!` Thank you all for your support.
Back to top Go down
loretta
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
loretta

PostSubject: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptyTue 7 Feb 2012 - 2:33

I'am so sorry to hear about your troubles Tina I will be praying for you and your family
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptyTue 7 Feb 2012 - 2:36

you and your family have my prayers, may you be blessed with good health. prayer
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ EmptyTue 7 Feb 2012 - 15:11

LOL...thanks rebecca, i dont know how good my health is right now....with all of this craziness....but I want my child to be healthy. She is all that matters at this point. None of this is about me right now. I love my little angel......that we were told we would never have angelsmiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~   ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~ Empty

Back to top Go down

ON TOP OF....Everything else REALLY??!!~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: Non-Reborn Forums :: Prayer requests-
Jump to: