R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Needing a Prayer GANG!!~

Go down 
+2
joa44
Tinabloomfield
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

Needing a Prayer GANG!!~ Empty
PostSubject: Needing a Prayer GANG!!~   Needing a Prayer GANG!!~ EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011 - 21:06

Our family has been having a seriously bad month. First Mary and her stroke a month ago, she is still in the hospital, and she is not getting any better according to them. I see, and her hubby sees, and maybe one or two nice nurses.....can see that sometimes Mary is trying to communicate, but the head doctors....have decided they know more than we do, and she is going to live in a long term home. Right now the only option they are giving us is the Mary free bed center.....because she requires more care than a nursing home can give her.....which on one they actually told us, they wouldnt take her because she only has medicaid, and they dont pay them enough to care for her. HOW RUDE~!!! true......but rude. Now onto the last two days....My poor father in law is retaining urine. We had to have him rushed to the hospital yesterday afternoon, because he was in a lot of pain, and I had noticed that his tummy was getting distended. His diapers have been a little wet.....but not like normal. What they are telling us is that his prostate is enlarged, and pinching off his ureter, therefore he cannot pee on his own. He has a new friend named Foley....they sent him home, and as of last night at 10 pm he was doing fine. This morning......I went to change him.....and Mr Foley came out. The baloon was not inflated THANK GOD!!~ I know that would have hurt him worse if it was. The e.r doctors told me it had to have been a defective foley/....no kidding??? So, I had to watch him endure yet another procedure to put it back in, then lay flat on his back in pain......for several hours, before I heard his nurse, as well as another one "just ouside his room" complaining.....that they have to work Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.... OK!!~ As soon as I heard that.......... I went off. I told them what they were saying was completely unethical, for anyone to be hearing, they should not be airing out their personal issues in front of patients.... Dad had been on a er cot, for 7 hours....with no feedings, or meds, and was hurting....to me all that mattered is his comfort, and no-one ever checked in on us, that was until I heard the complaining, and decided to do some of my own. Thank GOD also that I know what meds he can't take...it says in his chart...he is allergic to "sulfa drugs" ok........what the heck is the keflex for??? They tried to shush me off....then I asked for a MEDICAL DOCTOR IN CHARGE.. He came in, I had to call dads doctor for confirmation, then they were all over themselves asking if we needed anything.....come to find out the reason he was in all the pain, was when the ambulance came back.....there was a balled up sheet underneath his back..... I swaer.....if I weren't Christian....I would have been swearing OUT LOUD!!~ Please please...pray that the cath stays in, I dont want my dad to suffer any more.....and The treatment of him, and my cousin....is EXACTLY WHY I HATE HOSPITALS!!~
Back to top Go down
joa44
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Needing a Prayer GANG!!~   Needing a Prayer GANG!!~ EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011 - 21:41

I will pray for you and your family...I also pray for our medical system....I am so afraid to go to the doctor had alot of problems with the medical system 4 years ago and have not been back since.but probaly should....but probably wont....
Back to top Go down
Kim
Toddler
Toddler
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Needing a Prayer GANG!!~   Needing a Prayer GANG!!~ EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011 - 1:01

I think you are wonderful to stand up for your FIL. during my hospital stays including the recent one (in a private hospital), I have seen some nurses and allied profesionals who treat the eldery as though they are stupid and past their used by date. I hope they receive the same treatment in the future. However I must say that the majority of nurses I have encountered have been wonderful.

I am sure your family knows what a treasure they have in you. Merry Christmas and may there peace and joy in your world.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Needing a Prayer GANG!!~   Needing a Prayer GANG!!~ EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011 - 11:28

Aw, sweetie! You know I am praying for you!!!!! loveyou! prayer
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Needing a Prayer GANG!!~   Needing a Prayer GANG!!~ EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011 - 18:42

Thank you everyone. Especially Lara :) When I got to mom and dads today I was so scared to check him, hoping and praying the catheter didnt come uot again. Thank GOD!!~ It stayed put, the antibiotics are finally working, no more blood in urine, nice and clear, and a lot of it too.....which is really good to see. Im not trying to be gross or anything, but ive never been so happy to see my dad pee. LOL He is very tired, and we have to get through the holidays, I hope he is up to it, he is sleeping a lot right now. I have to contact a urologist to make him an appointment to see whats going on, and I hope he can hang in there for a big..... dont know how fast they can get him in, I know it better be before a week is up, as you can't leave a cath in for more than a week without damage or threat of infection, from what im being told. Keep praying, and I will keep caring for them knowing I have a wonderful gang of ladies here.....holding me up thankyou! thankyou! thankyou!
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Needing a Prayer GANG!!~   Needing a Prayer GANG!!~ EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011 - 18:47

Will pray for you all Tina prayer

Hope you can all enjoy Xmas together
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Needing a Prayer GANG!!~   Needing a Prayer GANG!!~ EmptySat 24 Dec 2011 - 1:13

Tina, we are praying.... Usually in older men, it is enlarged prostate that causes the problem... Hope they get it under control. It could have been, too that the nurse did not inflate the foley... I'm an RN, but I usually loved my patients and tried to treat them with dignity and respect. They are not all bad, I promise!
Terri
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Needing a Prayer GANG!!~   Needing a Prayer GANG!!~ Empty

Back to top Go down

Needing a Prayer GANG!!~
Page 1 of 1