R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Class Sale question

Go down 
+11
ashtreemeadowbabies
Poppy
passionatereborner
Groovyday
loretta
babyblossom
Orange_Grove_Nursery
With Love Nursery
sweetsherrie112
Karen
Lara
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

When would you like a sale?
Dec15-Dec 25 Christmas Sale
Class Sale question Color108%Class Sale question Color10
 8% [ 3 ]
Dec 26- Jan 3 School Break Sale
Class Sale question Color1072%Class Sale question Color10
 72% [ 28 ]
Doesn't Matter- Either one
Class Sale question Color1010%Class Sale question Color10
 10% [ 4 ]
Wouldn't take advantage of the sale
Class Sale question Color1010%Class Sale question Color10
 10% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Class Sale question Empty
PostSubject: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 10:24

I have had quite a few people ask me about teh buy 2 get one free class promo and if I was going to do that again soon. I normally don't run sales over Christmas for anything just because I think people spend money other places and want to have the best timing for a sale. So, if you would be interested in any in taking advantage of another sale, please let me know if you would want it now, or after Christmas.
Buy 2 get one free would be for
Advanced Preemie
Native American
Advanced Asian
Olive Skintone
Beginner DVD

or if you had a class suggestion for next year, that is not listed, I am always open to suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 10:40

I need one more category, Other...I wouldn't start the day after Christmas because your webmaster might not be readily available but the day after the day after would work, perhaps. ;)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 10:50

I voted for after christmas sale ... as for more classes lets see I think we should do a breathing or beating heart baby I think it would be different but not sure what others would think about it .... Sherrie
Back to top Go down
http://loveablehuggablereborns.webs.com
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 11:17

Sherrie, I really do NOT like those breathers. I did one and it caused more problems then anything else. I'm sure I posted about it.

Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 11:22

Oh well sorry hon I must have missed it but I'm happy with what ever is suggested lol... Sherrie
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 16:27

I would love to do a monkey class. It would be different. I have a bindi kit here to reborn for my son, and haven't the slightest clue what to do with it lol.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 16:37

Perhaps we could combine the monkey class with a character doll class? Both of them aren't a lot of people's cup of tea but perhaps if they had a choice they would be willing to experiment a bit with it?
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 18:26

Karen wrote:
Perhaps we could combine the monkey class with a character doll class? Both of them aren't a lot of people's cup of tea but perhaps if they had a choice they would be willing to experiment a bit with it?

I don't know if anyone would go for it, but a possibility could be a monkey and vampire skin tone class...seems a lot of people are making vampires/pale skinned character babies...? (If you want help with what to do for character babies, I'd be glad to help Lara, I just can't help with how to paint skin tones yet!)

Money is always tight for us, but I'd love a sale. Is it possible to do one a bit later in January?? Maybe after we've recovered from the holidays a bit. (My birthday is in January, I might be able to convince my husband to let me have it as a gift!)

Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 19:08

Orange_Grove_Nursery wrote:
Karen wrote:

I don't know if anyone would go for it, but a possibility could be a monkey and vampire skin tone class...seems a lot of people are making vampires/pale skinned character babies...? (If you want help with what to do for character babies, I'd be glad to help Lara, I just can't help with how to paint skin tones yet!)

Money is always tight for us, but I'd love a sale. Is it possible to do one a bit later in January?? Maybe after we've recovered from the holidays a bit. (My birthday is in January, I might be able to convince my husband to let me have it as a gift!)

I really can't do one later, as I do get enough people who sign up just for one class, and with the Preemie class starting in Feb., people would be signing up in January for the class anyway. (Sorry!) I don't really like doing sales on the classes normally because I honestly think they are a really great price, and a lot of work goes into putting them together. This will be the last sale until at least summer, where I may be promoting fall/winter classes.

The only reason why I bring this up is bcause there have been so many new people joining the past 6 months who missed out on the last special, and I have had a few ask if I can do another sale.
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 19:08

If we do a caracter baby I say we do it around september and make it a halloween baby lol.... Sherrie
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 19:12

sweetsherrie112 wrote:
If we do a caracter baby I say we do it around september and make it a halloween baby lol.... Sherrie

That would be cool, but not sure how the lessons could go on that. What type of character? I mean each one would be so different. IDK
I think it would have to be like mini classes with different types of character babies. IDK.....
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 19:16

yea I guess you wouldn't want to have all ghost babys lol.... I like the idea but maybe it should be like the other one everyone do there own baby and just run a contest that was really cool and I missed out on it lol....
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 19:31

That's a good idea to do a contest. Maybe like the skintone one, and then the winner reveals how they did it. bigsmile Anyway, we have lots of time to think about that. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
sweetsherrie112
sweetsherrie112

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 19:48

Yep lol... lots and lots ... sherrie
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 19:58

I voted but I have paid for all classes except the Olive Skintone one. Lara can you confirm that for me please as I don't see my name on all the class lists? I thought I bought the Asian and Indian and the 2 DVD's when you had the last sale.

thankyou!

I would love a monkey class but I would probably participate in anything lol
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySat 10 Dec 2011 - 21:48

Maybe there could be a mini class for monkeys and possibly a mini class for pale/white-grey skin tones in September for Halloween (like Sherrie suggested) for ghosts, vampires, androids, etc...?

I was here for the last BOGO sale on classes, but I didn't even have money for one class, so I missed that one. sad I did take advantage of the BOGO sale for ebooks and I LOVED that sale. thankyou!
Back to top Go down
loretta
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
loretta

PostSubject: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySun 11 Dec 2011 - 1:48

I think its a great idea, I missed out the last time with everything going on here, I have voted.

happyhappy happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySun 11 Dec 2011 - 2:02

I re-read the first post and didn't realize that it was buy TWO get one, I thought it was buy ONE get one. I'm not sure I could come up with money for two at once...hrmmm. sad
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySun 11 Dec 2011 - 4:37

Rachel, if Lara allowed it, and I had the money maybe I could pay for the class for you and you could make me a costume IDK
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySun 11 Dec 2011 - 4:42

Lara I was also thinking about class suggestions...

How long ago did you do the Strawberries and Cream class? Maybe you could do an advanced class of that aiming more at Princess characters like Ariel, Snow White, Belle, Cinderella with the pale complexions?

Maybe you could do a poll to see who would participate in what everyone has suggested IDK
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySun 11 Dec 2011 - 10:38

I re-read the first post and didn't realize that it was buy TWO get one, I thought it was buy ONE get one. I'm not sure I could come up with money for two at once...hrmmm. sad

affraid Oh, I'm afraid I would never do that one......I'm nice, but not that nice! lol......

Quote :
Rachel, if Lara allowed it, and I had the money maybe I could pay for the class for you and you could make me a costume

That would be fine with me. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySun 11 Dec 2011 - 10:39

babyblossom wrote:
Lara I was also thinking about class suggestions...

How long ago did you do the Strawberries and Cream class? Maybe you could do an advanced class of that aiming more at Princess characters like Ariel, Snow White, Belle, Cinderella with the pale complexions?

Maybe you could do a poll to see who would participate in what everyone has suggested IDK

That seems like a cute idea....the contest would be really amazing!
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySun 11 Dec 2011 - 13:07

babyblossom wrote:
Rachel, if Lara allowed it, and I had the money maybe I could pay for the class for you and you could make me a costume IDK

That sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptySun 11 Dec 2011 - 18:54

Well if Lara does the Strawberries and Cream Advanced class you can make me a princess costume as trade for a class Rachel wink

Lara I have your Strawberries and Cream E book but I would definately take the advanced class if you had one wink
Back to top Go down
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 0:13

Lara, I voted for after Christmas and will definitely sign up for upcoming classes! happyhappy I love Kym's idea of Advanced Strawberries n Cream and the princesses! yeseree
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 0:35

Sounds like a deal, Kym!

Lara, if you do a princess/strawberries and cream class, can I help moderate?? bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 8:58

Sounds like a deal, Kym!

Lara, if you do a princess/strawberries and cream class, can I help moderate?? bigsmile

Rachel, At this time I have about 12 moderators to choose from for helping with classes, and don't see needing another at this time. It depends on how many sign up for the class, on how many I will actually need. I try to keep it a 6 to 1 ratio.
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 9:46

Rachel if Lara goes ahead with this class I'm sure you'll get lots of orders for costumes! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 9:49

babyblossom wrote:
Rachel if Lara goes ahead with this class I'm sure you'll get lots of orders for costumes! bigsmile

I'll be first in line!!
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 9:50

Lol Karen, maybe we should order now and get first pick lol lol
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 9:53

babyblossom wrote:
Lol Karen, maybe we should order now and get first pick lol lol

I have an idea. I'm going to PM you.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 10:04

Ummmm...I would need mine first!!!! sad
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 10:05

Ok Lara, you order first, then Karen, then me lol lol
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 10:15

Lara, if you did the Advanced Strawberries class and we created princesses would you use Real Effects kits so we had some variation in our little princesses?

I'm not going to be able to sleep now, my little mind is focussed on princesses lol lol
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 10:49

Or another set like Dolls to love or whatever that is. Anything that has a set color for all vinyl kits would work well, I think. Okay, Lara you would get yours first because you are the one who needs it first wink
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 10:51

Yeah, I forgot about the Dolls to Love kits. Then we would see lots of different beautiful princesses!
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 15:47

LOL ladies! If you want to order princess dresses from me, I'd be more than happy to take your commissions! This will be fun! happyhappy If you're thinking of Disney Princesses, there are a lot of them, even some lesser known. Of course, Princess Tiana would be the A/A ebook, Pocahontas would be the Native American class, Mulan would be the Asian class and Jasmine the ME/I ebook. But, there's Ariel, Aurora (sleeping beauty), Cinderella, Belle, Rapunzel, Snow White, Giselle...Alice in wonderland or Tinkerbell are not technically princesses, but they might work also. Of course, the seamstress gets the TRUE first pick! wink There's always generic princesses too, which would also be lovely!

Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 17:19

I think we decided on having this class in September...so it's far away, yes, but will give everyone time to get costumes together. I am thinking to do a fair complexion with the strawberry and cream look. Snow White is ideal for that (so I'll take her! lol) but really any would work. The ethnic princesses would not work for this class, unfortunately. But you can also consider Princess Fiona or even Mulan would be fine with lighter skintone. Real Effect has 2 different vinyls. Their newer one is lighter. I would prefer a lighter vinyl to start with, to make the complexion easier to achieve. The Dolls to Love is more neutral. Stoete has very light peachy vinyl, and so does Dolldreams. I doubt that Linda would give us a generic discount on all her kits, but maybe she would if we limited it to a certain sculptor. Stoete kits, I can get wholesale, so we can of course get those at a nice price...say $75 for them. So, I think we should decide between Stoete, Dolls To Love (with would be $99 through Sandie) or Doll Dreams $65-$85.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:33

Yay!!!! happyforyou! hamsterdance happyforyou! hamsterdance

I'm very excited about this class and don't mind what kits you choose Lara. Is it cheaper and easier for you to use the Stoete kits? If we use the Stoete kits can we use the torso too?
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:41

I vote Stoete and no fair you take my choice!! ROFL!!
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:42

Well that's good, because I was thinking another princess lol
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:43

babyblossom wrote:
Yay!!!! happyforyou! hamsterdance happyforyou! hamsterdance

I'm very excited about this class and don't mind what kits you choose Lara. Is it cheaper and easier for you to use the Stoete kits? If we use the Stoete kits can we use the torso too?

Sure, we could do optional torsos. I don't think I could do those cheaper then like $120, though.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:44

Karen wrote:
She's Angie's favorite! How could I not choose her?
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:45

That's ok Lara. Adrie has some beautiful babies that will make adorable princesses with or without the torso wink
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:45

I need a Peaches and Cream Class and an AA or more Bi-Racial baby class ...
I don't know how the classes work ... how much they are and how you go about teaching them? Is it like watching you over the internet?
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:47

Lara wrote:
Karen wrote:
She's Angie's favorite! How could I not choose her?

How many 49 year old women has the cartoon on DVD and does not allow anybody to watch it besides herself? Snow White is MY favorite, too! lol
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:48

Maybe Rachel can come up with 2 different Snow White Outfits for you both wink
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:49

lol Kym, I challenge Lara to paint lightly enough to make Snow White. Even if we have the same costume, our babies will look totally different. We just like to banter back and forth. lol
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:50

I need classes on EVERYTHING LoL ... I am not sure when I can do them, I need to look at the schedule BUT I WOULD do a Stoete class I LOVE her babies
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:51

Linda you could buy the Peaches and Cream Ebook and Lara has Native American Indian and Asian classes coming up in the new year wink

Classes are fantastic. They go over everything! Lara posts a lesson 6 days a week and you can choose to do the lesson every day or do what I do and wait until most of the lessons are posted and work at your own pace. I am a night owl so it works out well because I reborn when lots of ladies are on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class Sale question   Class Sale question Empty

Back to top Go down

Class Sale question
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next