R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Winner of Fairytale Character

Go down 
+10
beverly
hazel_may(Janie)
2ndchildhoodnursery
babyblossom
Karen
Groovyday
Lynknursery
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Lorrie
Poppy
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

Winner of Fairytale Character Empty
PostSubject: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySat 8 Oct 2011 - 18:48

Great work to all of the entries of the Fairytale Character Contest, your babies were all very creative. The winner who will be going on to the final round of judging is the Tin man from the Wizard of Oz

Winner of Fairytale Character IMGP06681

Created by Michele from Second Childhood Nursery. Congratulations Michele bigsmile

Last edited by Poppy on Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 21:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lorrie
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySat 8 Oct 2011 - 19:30

Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySat 8 Oct 2011 - 19:54

Congratulations! I love the costume. How did you get his skin glittery? (I'm going to do an Edward from Twilight and his skin is glittery...)
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySat 8 Oct 2011 - 19:58

Genesis has a silver, and a gold glitter paint. You can add it to other genesis colours also to give them a glittery sheen.

I bought a jar of the gold on my last order as genesis in Perth are discontinuing it and had it on a special price, so if anyone would like a small sample let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://lynkproducts.com.au
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySat 8 Oct 2011 - 20:00

I bought a little bottle of clear acrylic paint with glitter in it, I was going to see how that worked putting over the top of the GHS after I was 100% finished baking. I don't think gold or silver would work in his skin-tone. IDK
Back to top Go down
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySat 8 Oct 2011 - 20:31

Congratulations Michelle, love your little baby Tin Man! clapclap dancingbaby bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySat 8 Oct 2011 - 21:11

Oh I had a feeling he was Michele's! I remember someone asking a lot of questions about the silver paint! lol

Congratulations, he's fantastic!!

Rachel, I have something called Fairy Dust. Girls use it on their skin for a shimmer. I think that would be perfect. You could probably put some of it in a glazing gel/thinner mixture and add to last paint.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySat 8 Oct 2011 - 21:19

Karen wrote:
...Rachel, I have something called Fairy Dust. Girls use it on their skin for a shimmer. I think that would be perfect. You could probably put some of it in a glazing gel/thinner mixture and add to last paint.

That sounds like it might work. Can I get Fairy Dust in the cosmetic area?
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySat 8 Oct 2011 - 21:42

Congrats Michele! Your Tin Man is so cute!

Aladdin was my entry wink
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySat 8 Oct 2011 - 21:44

Lyn, I would love a small sample if you can spare some. I'm happy to send you some money for it so just let me know how much ok. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySat 8 Oct 2011 - 21:57

Yes Kym from Baby Blossoms Reborn Nursery made the adorable Aladdin bigsmile Terri from Cute as a Pixie Reborn Doll Nursery made the very sweet Raggedy Ann and Andy and Barbara (do you have a nursery name Barb?) made the very lovely Little Red Riding Hood clapclap clapclap clapclap
Back to top Go down
Lorrie
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySat 8 Oct 2011 - 22:04

They all did an amazing job... well done ladies... thankyou! Loved seeing your creations happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySat 8 Oct 2011 - 22:48

Rachel, In order to get real fairy dust, you are supposed to close your eyes and keep on repeating, " I do believe in fairies.". Then Tinkerbell sprinkles you with fairy dust. lol lol lol bigsmile dancingbaby dancingbaby
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySat 8 Oct 2011 - 22:50

Groovyday wrote:
Rachel, In order to get real fairy dust, you are supposed to close your eyes and keep on repeating, " I do believe in fairies.". Then Tinkerbell sprinkles you with fairy dust. lol lol lol bigsmile dancingbaby dancingbaby

lol lol lol lol lol lol

I really liked the Aladdin doll, but I was partial to the Raggedy Ann and Andy because my daughter had Raggedy Ann and Andy as her nursery theme when she was a baby. That, and I made the outfits for Terri! wink
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySat 8 Oct 2011 - 23:30

All costumes were done well and I liked the Raggedy Ann and Andy but it seems their faces should have had their noses painted red to me. Loved all the outfits and all babies were cute as could be.

Rachel, I bought a bottle online. It was just a few dollars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 0:26

Karen wrote:
...Rachel, I bought a bottle online. It was just a few dollars.

Thanks, Karen. I'll have to check it out.

Back to top Go down
2ndchildhoodnursery
2ndchildhoodnursery

PostSubject: !!   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 0:39

thankyou! thankyou! thankyou! I am so excited!!!! This is the perfect end to a great day!! Sorry I am so late posting this Mom and I had a doll show and then spent some time together shopping and going to dinner.

Rachel, I used the Genesis Gray 08 and then the metallic silver from them to get him glittery. And boy was that a task getting the gray to actually take!! I thought afterwards maybe I should have used a BB gray vinyl kit for this, might have been a better base start. If I were to do it again I think I would start with a white wash first for the base.

And Karen, you were not supposed to remember me asking all those questions!!! I had actually started to get a bit nervous someone would pick up on why I was asking so I PM'd Lara about it to ask for a little direction. lol

And beleive it or not, I even sewed that outfit. Trust me when I say there were a LOT of bad words coming from the bedroom where the sewing machine is!!!! Never again will I sew with that material again!!

Again, Thank you everyone for you votes and wonderful comments!! I am so excited!!!
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 0:52

Well deserved, your little "tin boy" is a cutie!
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 2:05

Congratulations, Michele! Your Tin Man is adorable! clapclap

All the entries are great! This was a lot of fun! happyforyou!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 11:23

CONGRATS!!!
Back to top Go down
beverly
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 17:31

I love your baby, Michele. Congratulations! clapclap clapclap
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 17:49

Karen, I agree, but after I did them, I couldn't bring myself to paint the red paint on! I did a practice run on another practice doll and it didn't turn out right! Thanks, Rachel for the great costumes... Let me know if you need any photos for your website!
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 18:23

DollsRForMe wrote:
... Let me know if you need any photos for your website!

I do, and would love some!

Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 19:35

Congratulations Michele on your entry of the Tin Man, I absolutely loved your idea and you did a fabulous job!! clapclap clapclap clapclap

All are Amazing weeeeee!

Winner of Fairytale Character 2011logoready
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
LittlePunkins
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
LittlePunkins

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 0:01

clapclap clapclap clapclap clapclap

Congrats on the Tin Man! Awesome!
All the entries were outstanding! All winners!

Back to top Go down
http://littlepunkinsreborns.com/
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character EmptyWed 12 Oct 2011 - 12:19

happyhappy CONGRATULATIONS MICHELE!! Baby Tin is a beauty! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winner of Fairytale Character   Winner of Fairytale Character Empty

Back to top Go down

Winner of Fairytale Character
Page 1 of 1