R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Part of my herd/litter

Go down 
+2
Lara
CuteAsAPixie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

Part of my herd/litter Empty
PostSubject: Part of my herd/litter   Part of my herd/litter EmptyMon 1 Mar 2010 - 11:10

[img]Part of my herd/litter DSC_0001[/img][img]Part of my herd/litter DSC_0006[/img][img]Part of my herd/litter DSC_0007[/img][img]Part of my herd/litter DSC_0043[/img][img]Part of my herd/litter DSC_0056_17[/img][img]Part of my herd/litter DSC_0058[/img]

This is part of my menagerie.....
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Part of my herd/litter   Part of my herd/litter EmptyMon 1 Mar 2010 - 13:10

Oh, I love all your pics! That last picture is a beauty!
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Part of my herd/litter   Part of my herd/litter EmptyMon 1 Mar 2010 - 15:49

Aww what a lovely big family you have! They are all beautiful :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Part of my herd/litter   Part of my herd/litter EmptyMon 1 Mar 2010 - 20:33

So cute!!!!
Back to top Go down
tracylh
Toddler
Toddler
tracylh

PostSubject: Re: Part of my herd/litter   Part of my herd/litter EmptyMon 1 Mar 2010 - 21:28

Wow, they are all so beautiful. Your cat is stunning, the dogs are adorable and the horse, wow. I dream of owning a horse someday. Guess this body better start healing so I can take care of all the animals I would love to rescue. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.heavenstinyangels.com
Second Star
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Second Star

PostSubject: Re: Part of my herd/litter   Part of my herd/litter EmptyMon 1 Mar 2010 - 22:02

Alright I am going with the poodle!!!! Love those guys. I have two teacups and one standard. Nothing like a poodle in my house!!!!!
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Part of my herd/litter   Part of my herd/litter EmptyMon 1 Mar 2010 - 22:43

Thanks, everyone. It is a virtual zoo at my house, although after buying the mohair I would consider the goats if they didn't stink so bad. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Patricia Diane
Toddler
Toddler
Patricia Diane

PostSubject: Re: Part of my herd/litter   Part of my herd/litter EmptyTue 2 Mar 2010 - 3:19

I love the pictures, looks like your an animal lover to. Nice pets and those horses are really nice, my sister has a couple. I'm down to one cockateil bird and two minature Boston Terriers. :scratch:
Back to top Go down
http://wildrose_dwhite@yahoo.com
Patricia Diane
Toddler
Toddler
Patricia Diane

PostSubject: Re: Part of my herd/litter   Part of my herd/litter EmptyTue 2 Mar 2010 - 3:41

Here are my little monsters! They have grown like weeds. Note the bed they have chewed the bottom out of it and will carry the cushion around and lay on it. I have taught them to sit and one rolls over the other one is still not to keen on that yet, she does place the pillow inside the bed...SO funny to watch. The really funny thing is I think they think I'm momma, because everywhere I go and sit down they follow and lay at my feet. In this picture they are next to my table where I reborn and they haven't moved while I'm working tonight. We love them and enjoy them very much.

Part of my herd/litter IMG_0362-1

Part of my herd/litter IMG_0357

:scratch:
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Part of my herd/litter   Part of my herd/litter EmptyTue 2 Mar 2010 - 4:43

Awww aren't they sooo gorgeous all snuggled up together! Very sweet :D
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Part of my herd/litter   Part of my herd/litter EmptyThu 4 Mar 2010 - 10:43

They are adorable... Yes, as you can see I am an animal lover, too. Most of the cats, including that one in the photo have been dumped. When you live in the country, people think they can just dump animals. That one had a litter of kittens soon after her arrival. We kept one... the kitten is about 6 now. The mom, Felicity is what we call a dog/cat and so is her daughter, Lizzie. They are people loving. They both will chase down the golf cart and jump in. Felicity will ride on the top! Her penchant for riding on top of things got her in trouble one day. My husband was taking our 14 year old to school when someone flagged him down about 4 miles from the house. Felicity had hitched a ride in the back of the truck and had climbed against the window on the outside. My hubby got out and put her in the truck. She yowled all the way home! I have seen her chase down a stray pit bull. We also call her the ninja kitty. She waited by the front door (which is glass) until my husband opened it, ran in, jumped straight up in the air and struck the standard poodle and yorkie in one swoop and was out the door before they knew what hit them. It was hilarious! She also still guards Lizzy like a good Momma should. The german shepherd is 2 years old and loves to torment the cats, although I don't think she would hurt one of them. One day I see Pascha chasing Lizzy across the yard to the car and Lizzy goes under the car. Felicity is right behind Pascha and jumps on top of the dog. Pascha doesn't mess with Lizzie too much any more, especially when Felicity is around. We have placed numerous stray dogs and cats with new homes. We also have a real live cat/cat named Dutchess. She is 12 years old and avoids human contact unless she wants it. Then, the yorkie, Brutus, we believe has switched spirits with Felicity. He loves to lounge on top of the sofa in the sun. (Just kidding about the spirits) He is 13. The poodle, Zoe, is 8. I used to raise and breed standards. Now, that is work! I love the breed, though. Highly intelligent. Zoe does agility and tricks. She knows how to roll over, shake with either paw on command, sit, come, stay, down and will dance with you. She can even read minds. When I tell the kids it's bedtime or to go brush their teeth, she bolts to the door to be let out for the bathroom. Brutus is a master at getting you to hold him or pick him up. He's a real lover/lap dog. He's gotten a little stubborn about what he wants since he's an old man, he also has selective hearing. (just like my husband and kids) We also raise a spanish gaited breed of horses called the paso fino. I have 7 of my own and board 3 others. We compete up to the national level. At one point, we had 26 with a full time trainer. That was also too much like work. Up to last week, we had a cockatiel named JJ. We found him dead in his cage. I was so glad I hadn't started reborning yet, because they are really sensitive to fumes. JJ found us. He was outside in one of my huge oak trees. When I came outside, he started screaming for me to get him and flew down and landed on my son's shoulder. We had him/her for 4 years. He was about 9 when he died. Not sure what happened to him. He also learned how to manipulate us to do what he wanted, especially for a bath. He would sit on the towel bar while you showered and raise his wings to get wet. He had all kinds of tweets/chirps which meant different things. He was the first alarm when my husband comes home in the evening. Now Zoe has had to take up the cause. Animals are really funny and a great part of my life. People love to come here to the petting zoo.
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Part of my herd/litter   Part of my herd/litter EmptyThu 4 Mar 2010 - 15:49

Awww, loved reading about all your pets, it's just amazing what their different personalities are like and all the little quirky things they do that make them so special bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Patricia Diane
Toddler
Toddler
Patricia Diane

PostSubject: Re: Part of my herd/litter   Part of my herd/litter EmptyThu 4 Mar 2010 - 18:06

I loved reading your stories about the animals Terri! I come from a line of animal lovers to, I guess that is why I love my Boston Terriers , because I grew up with one named "Cindy". I have a picture of me with her when I was little and remember the day she died. I think i was about 17 years old and was at my grandmothers who had a goldfish pool in her back yard. Cindy was 20 at the time and very active, so she an another dog were running around the pool and would stop only to get a drink of water, then off they would run. We were laughing and talking about how she could run like that at her age when all of the sudden she stopped layed down. After a few minuets and her not getting up, we went to check on her and she had died, peacefully doing what she loved best...

Here is a picture of the two of us. :flower:

Part of my herd/litter DianeCindy-1
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Part of my herd/litter   Part of my herd/litter EmptyThu 4 Mar 2010 - 19:32

Awe, what a cute photo. You should do yourself as a baby doll.

Losing a pet is always sad, but I guess it's because they bring us so much joy. I don't ever see myself without animals. Wow, 20 years old. I'm just hoping mine goes that way... no suffering, running till the end. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Part of my herd/litter   Part of my herd/litter Empty

Back to top Go down

Part of my herd/litter
Page 1 of 1